Sign in to follow this  
kahir88

History of the red leaves

As @Grover gave the idea, before I continue the next backstory, I should tell more about my trees with red leaves. Avalonia is full of mystery and secrets, and there are so many myths and legends about this region, there are many theories, about this type of trees. Let's stick to this one: The story of Redhgar, the Red Druid.

Like the other druids, Redhgar helped shape Avalonia. In this era, most of the plants get their look, thanks to the druids. But at old age, Redhgar had a stroke. He recovered, and he was able to help the orhers furthermore. But. He didn't recovered fully. Now he had partial colorblindness, he mixed some of the colors, but mostly ghe red and green. He didn't understand, why the otheres coloring the leaves to red, and he tired to correct it. The others first, tired to warn him, about his wrongdoing, but he was also a stubborn old man. Later, they try to correct it, but they become tired of this, and leave it. "No one will ever comply about why have some trees reddish leaves..." This is how they encourage each other.

46768683224_8df457d165.jpg

Many centuries later, looks like only the trees are still here, the other plants lost this gene. They become rare, but in every tree's genes, there is a chance, to have red leaves. Imagine this like the blond hair gene.

Edited by kahir88

What a fun story!  I like how you have open-ended text that lets the viewer look at the build to determine exactly what's going on.  It leaves a lot to the imagination and still leaves it open for you to do something else with down the line.  I would have never thought of the red wedges being good in a build, but they look great here!  I especially like the red spreading to the leaves on the bush.  I think it's a great use of narrative to explain why there are red leaf trees in a deciduous forest in the middle of the summer.  Nice work!

Good job using regular red in terrain! The tree is also better than some of your recent ones, with a more irregular shape, which is nice. The story is fun, too. 

Well done showing a natural transition from the red to green throughout each area of the scene :thumbup:

The red bush use is my favorite detail :classic: