Anyone know how many volts the pf led's can take? wanna give them 12v but dont know if they can take it. thanks

I believe they are rated at 9 volt. I'v never taken a set apart but they will likely have a resistor in the plug to drop the voltage down from 9v to about 3v. If you run them at 12v, you will need to change the resistor to a higher value to compensate for the higher voltage or you will eventually burn out the LED's. They would be fine in the short term but not they won't be able to handle the higher voltage for that long. Its best to either change the resistor or just run them at 9v. Modern discrete electronics are very sensitive to voltage changes, LED's are no exception. If you just want brighter lights on your model, then you can buy 5mm through-hole LED's which can be pushed through a hole on a LEGO Technic brick or liftarm and wire up you own lighting circuit to your battery pack but you would need to read the data sheet on the LED and use a suitable resistor for said LED. Its a tight fit but a 5mm LED's will fit in a LEGO hole.

29 minutes ago, MxWinters said:

If you just want brighter lights on your model, then you can buy 5mm through-hole LED's which can be pushed through a hole on a LEGO Technic brick or liftarm and wire up you own lighting circuit to your battery pack but you would need to read the data sheet on the LED and use a suitable resistor for said LED.

Thanks for your response. I am actually planning on using them for hobby grade rc car project, and had them laying around, so I figured I would solder them up and put a jst plug on them. The battery i use is a 3 cell lipo which gives out 12.6 volts peak. I shouldve figured they dont actually run on 9v :shrug_confused: