Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Six

The janitor thing works both ways.  Malcolm as town saves Joseph, Malcolm as scum guarantees his lynch.  I think Thomas is the better choice though.  I just don’t trust an investigator who couldn’t be bothered to contact the people they clear.

If Joseph isn't scum, then Tom is looking the scummiest right now since there was no night kill. I'm also of the belief there's only four scum, and Joseph was blocked so It couldn't of been him who cleaned Malcolm's quarters unless it's some sort of day action? Doubt it. That leaves Jack as the culprit since everyone else is cleared in my book.

8 hours ago, Timothy Dixon said:

A Janitor would make a lot of sense. If Malcom is scum. Then there would have to be at least 5 scum since Joesph was blocked last night.

Now Thomas said he was allegedly blocked on Night 4. And we know it wasn’t Louisa or Triggs. Last night Louisa claimed to have blocked Joesph and Triggs targeted Thomas. No one else appears to have been blocked tonight other than Thomas and Joesph. So it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch too say that Malcom had the scum blocking ability and targeted Thomas on Night 4. Which would possible leave Joesph as the Godfather. Which would explain why there was no kill last night since he was blocked by Louisa. 

There don't have to be five scum necessarily.  As I pointed out before, if Malcolm was able to apply the janitor action to himself then it is possible that there are only four  (which is more likely than five in a game starting with 15).   

7 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

If scum had 5, the game is broken 

Why is that?  While four is the more logical number, this is hardly a typical game.  I still believe there could have been five to start with to balance out the town PRs.

6 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

What if Malcolm wasn't scum and Tom and Jack are the scum who cleaned up Malcolm's quarters so we wouldn't know for a fact that Malcolm was town. If Malcolm is town and we knew, then we would lynch Tom, and then Jack.

Either way I say we lynch Tom, and block and jail Joseph and Jack.

As I told Patrick yesterday, I am happy to be blocked or jailed overnight.  However, I suggested Joseph and Malcolm instead because I believed them to be scum together.  I also told him that I would be happy to be exposed to a kill action overnight.  Me being revealed as a loyal pirate at this point would be more useful than all this speculation and finger pointing. 

4 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

If Malcolm was scum, that means (unless, as Jack pointed out, they were able to janitor Malcolm at the end of the day rather than at night) we have both Joseph and an additional scum. For me, this additional scum could be Jack, Timothy or Louisa but, as Henry points out, having 5 scum out of 15 in the beginning is unbalanced. I don't think Malcolm is scum.

For me that means Malcolm (and Joseph) are town or third party, in which case we must cherchez one or two more scum elsewhere. One, if third-party and two if town. Then it's still Jack, Timothy and Louisa, but Thomas comes into it since he is conceivably the blocked scum killer from last night.

note to Jack: I am discounting Henry as scum because how vociferously he led the lynch on Geoffrey.

note to others: I include Timothy in my lists because, while Nigel did watch him last night, he could have also gone and janitored Malcolm.

Timothy would have had to execute two night actions - the janitor and the whatever he did with Nigel (not a kill attempt since Nigel was not protected from what I know).  I think this unlikely.  Also, if he were scum, what action do you think he was trying to do to Nigel last night?  Hug him to death?  Nigel is the watcher ... what could scum have gained by targeting him last night other than trying to kill him?  He wasn't blocked because then he wouldn't have seen who came to visit him.  Conversion?

If Malcolm and Joseph are either town or third party, and you are sure that Henry is town, that leaves Louisa and Thomas as scum, because I am definitely town.  Louisa could have used a one-shot on Malcolm to hide his affiliation (which she then would want to do even if Malcolm is town or third party) instead of her blocking action and Thomas was blocked from making a kill.  Joseph, as mason or third party, presumably can't tell whether or not he is being blocked.  

If Timothy is what he said he is, then Louisa (as scum) had every incentive to keep him locked up for three nights in a row. 

But, Louisa is quite happy to throw Thomas under a bus today, which suggests they are not on the same team.  This takes us back to Malcolm and Joseph being scum buddies together.

If Malcolm and Joseph are third party, then they also lied about being masons.  This in itself if a cause for concern.

4 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

If Joseph isn't scum, then Tom is looking the scummiest right now since there was no night kill. I'm also of the belief there's only four scum, and Joseph was blocked so It couldn't of been him who cleaned Malcolm's quarters unless it's some sort of day action? Doubt it. That leaves Jack as the culprit since everyone else is cleared in my book.

Or Malcolm cleaned out his own quarters before he was made to walk the plank.  Either as a day action (once the writing was on the wall)  or one that he was able to implement once he was lynched.  It is quite possible to have an action that you can implement once you are lynched.

3 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

@Jack Alden & @Thomas Chapman what's your view on each other in light of the events from today so far? IMO, you seemed rather convinced yesterday the other was scum.

The way Thomas attacked me yesterday made me believe that he was scum.  There is still the possibility that he is scum today.

11 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

I also told him that I would be happy to be exposed to a kill action overnight.  Me being revealed as a loyal pirate at this point would be more useful than all this speculation and finger pointing. 

So we should stop talking about you and wait for you to be killed? Okay.

Scum please kill Jack. :wacko: :laugh:

15 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

that leaves Louisa and Thomas as scum, because I am definitely town.

Confirmed or just your claim?

17 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

If Timothy is what he said he is, then Louisa (as scum) had every incentive to keep him locked up for three nights in a row. 

You make it sound as if Tim's role could mean the life or death of scum. While his role is helpful, it's not town's lifeline.

I am currently unsure of Alden's position. He gave me suggestions to go to, and of course all of them turned to be Pirate (also somewhat stastically I'd mainly find Pirates). I also would say I was not attacking Alden, that was not an attack, not like what we've seen on some of the other Pirates the past few days.

I think it’s likely scum have a number of one-shot abilities, which would explain the janitor action and the unaccounted for block. That also means someone who hasn’t been blocked for the last two nights is one of the scum since both the extra block and the janitor action went through. 

28 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

I think it’s likely scum have a number of one-shot abilities, which would explain the janitor action and the unaccounted for block. That also means someone who hasn’t been blocked for the last two nights is one of the scum since both the extra block and the janitor action went through. 

That could mean Jack. However regarding the block, I think Tom might have withheld his supposed result on Malcolm. If he had said Malcolm was town, we would have been looking at Tom and Jack.

And if you put into account the possibility of Jack being a janitor, there's even more reason to believe scum buddies Tom and Jack would to this.

I would be more confident in lynching Jack today than Chapman since we lose a lot more if Chapman is telling the truth about being the cop.

Likewise I think it’s more likely Jack is the Godfather and duped Thomas than Jack and Thomas being scum-buddies. 

3 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

Likewise I think it’s more likely Jack is the Godfather and duped Thomas than Jack and Thomas being scum-buddies. 

That's what I floated yesterday, and while I am not sure after these past two days, I think it's worth a shot.

3 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

I would be more confident in lynching Jack today than Chapman since we lose a lot more if Chapman is telling the truth about being the cop.

With that logic, who would be Jack's remaining fourth scum buddy?

Also just wanted to point out that Jack as a janitor could be X shot, but we would be blocking/jailing him so no need to worry. Of course unless it's a day action...

Maybe we should lynch Jack instead?

2 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

There don't have to be five scum necessarily.  As I pointed out before, if Malcolm was able to apply the janitor action to himself then it is possible that there are only four  (which is more likely than five in a game starting with 15). 

That’s true. But do we know if a Janitor can self target? Surely you can’t “clear up” your own body. For that reason, I’m more inclined to believe Malcom was town. If we assume there are 4 scum in the game, then the final one would have to be the scum killer. So no one would have been able to Janitor him. 

8 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

note to others: I include Timothy in my lists because, while Nigel did watch him last night, he could have also gone and janitored Malcolm.

Nigel watched himself and saw me target him. So I couldn’t have performed two night actions in one night. 

1 hour ago, Louisa Hammond said:

You make it sound as if Tim's role could mean the life or death of scum. While his role is helpful, it's not town's lifeline.

That is not at all what I said.  He could help protect our other more useful PRs.

1 hour ago, Thomas Chapman said:

I am currently unsure of Alden's position. He gave me suggestions to go to, and of course all of them turned to be Pirate (also somewhat stastically I'd mainly find Pirates). I also would say I was not attacking Alden, that was not an attack, not like what we've seen on some of the other Pirates the past few days.

This is incorrect because not all my suggestions turned out pirate. The ones you chose to investigate and supposedly got a result on were pirate.

The suggestions that I flagged with you were Geoffrey (confirmed scum), Patrick, Malcolm (confirmed unknown), Joseph, Gordon (confirmed town) and Timothy.

1 hour ago, Joseph Finch said:

It does not mean someone who was not blocked had to use the janitor action.  Malcolm could have used it on himself.  We have examples in this game where actions have been used on oneself - Patrick jailed himself, Nigel watched himself.

33 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

You forget that it was Thomas who came to me and it was I who protected his identity for as long as I could because he did not want himself revealed.  If I were scum and knew about Thomas, Thomas would not have survived to this point.

1 minute ago, Jack Alden said:

You forget that it was Thomas who came to me and it was I who protected his identity for as long as I could because he did not want himself revealed.  If I were scum and knew about Thomas, Thomas would not have survived to this point.

Which is why it makes more sense for both of you to be scum.

13 minutes ago, Timothy Dixon said:

That’s true. But do we know if a Janitor can self target? Surely you can’t “clear up” your own body. For that reason, I’m more inclined to believe Malcom was town. If we assume there are 4 scum in the game, then the final one would have to be the scum killer. So no one would have been able to Janitor him. 

I don't think we can rule it out.  Patrick being able to protect himself is unusual, but no-one (including myself) is questioning that.  Our reference books below deck say that jailkeepers are never allowed to self-target.  They don't say anything about watchers or janitors being able, or not able, to target themselves.

21 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

Or, as I said yesterday, they could have already tried to kill Thomas but the scum kill has been blocked twice (?) already. 

I expect that you would have a lot more information than me about what scum actions have been blocked.

Also, everyone seems to have forgotten also that Thomas voted for me yesterday.

18 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

Or, as I said yesterday, they could have already tried to kill Thomas but the scum kill has been blocked twice (?) already. 

That's true - but who could have tried to kill him? There's Jack, Louisa, you (Joseph) and Henry whose actions last night are unaccounted for, in that we can't verify she targeted you.

26 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

I don't think we can rule it out.

That's true, I guess. You're right that the rules navigation charts on this ship are slightly different than what one might expect.

If there's a one-shot janitor on board, then who's to say that there aren't other ways of messing with alignments? The imperial who janitored Malcolm could have tailored someone in the previous nights.

6 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

Also, everyone seems to have forgotten also that Thomas voted for me yesterday.

And it seemed wholly contrived.

I’d vote for Jack, his long post was a whole lot of maybes that add up to nothing more than muddiness.  

I’m 99% sure Louisa is town. I have no idea why her being scum is still on the table.

28 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

And it seemed wholly contrived.

To elaborate on this further, I think Thomas's accusation against Jack casts more doubt on the former than on the latter, since such an accusation (that seemed to come out of nowhere) can be levied against both town and scum.

It seems to have been 24 hours, so I shall Vote: Thomas Chapman

Voting is now open, even though someone seems to be impatient. 

With 8 players, 5 is required to lynch.

21 minutes ago, Bob said:

Voting is now open, even though someone seems to be impatient. 

Booo! Get a pirate-alarm clock, will ya?  

Vote: Thomas