I can only echo what others have said about this fantastic work.

I've always admired the ball factory, but never attempted it, but I thought I'll give this version a go.

At step 15 I can't fathom out where the 1x7 beam goes, I can see the red shaded area and it looks like the 1x7 added in step 13 has grown into a 1x8, obviously I'm missing something here, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks agin for all your hard work

Chip

Started with Part 1.

On step 4 the part count in the info area is wrong. Only 2x 3023 and 1x 18975 added in this step. Or am I blind ?

800x654.jpg

13 minutes ago, dunes said:

Started with Part 1.

On step 4 the part count in the info area is wrong. Only 2x 3023 and 1x 18975 added in this step. Or am I blind ?

The 18975 was double placed so indeed one to many, there are 3 pieces of 3023 in so that's correct. 2 on top of the 18795 of step 3 on the left and one on the right on top of the 18795 next to the 2 x 6 plate.
I will replace the '2 x 7' with a 2 x 3 and 2 x 4 plate. Also structurally better.

2 hours ago, Chipstertrain said:

I can only echo what others have said about this fantastic work.

I've always admired the ball factory, but never attempted it, but I thought I'll give this version a go.

At step 15 I can't fathom out where the 1x7 beam goes, I can see the red shaded area and it looks like the 1x7 added in step 13 has grown into a 1x8, obviously I'm missing something here, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks agin for all your hard work

Chip

Thanks. You are correct, there is a 1 x 7 too many and also 1 hole higher. I've taken it out.

I've been looking to this file for months almost every day now, it's impossible to be perfect :)
Sorry for the inconvenience and t
hanks all for the feedback.

Version 1.4 of BI Part 1 is uploaded and parts list on Rebrickable also corrected.
I've also moved a page from Part 3 to Part 2, couldn't get it visualized in Part 3 because of many bricks surrounding it. New page in Part 2 is page 83 (step 213).

Edited by Berthil

3 hours ago, Berthil said:

Version 1.4 of BI Part 1 is uploaded and parts list on Rebrickable also corrected.

I've also moved a page from Part 3 to Part 2, couldn't get it visualized in Part 3 because of many bricks surrounding it. New page in Part 2 is page 83 (step 213).

Just tried to download Part 1 - Ver 1.4. When I click the link, I get Part 1 - Ver 1.3. Great work on getting the corrections taken care of.

2 minutes ago, rskamen said:

Just tried to download Part 1 - Ver 1.4. When I click the link, I get Part 1 - Ver 1.3. Great work on getting the corrections taken care of.

Correct version is now uploaded.

Many thanks Berthil for your swift reply.

I've just downloaded Part 1 - Ver 1.4. and I'm very impressed with the notes, it makes me realise I'd never thought about the timing until reading them, fortunately I'm only up to step 22, so I will proceed with extreme caution.

I can see this being a very long, very enjoyable and at times very, very frustrating journey.

Keep up the excellent work.

Chip

P.S.  Step 25, only four 1x9 beams and not five?

Edited by Chipstertrain
Step 25 correction?

2 hours ago, Chipstertrain said:

Step 25, only four 1x9 beams and not five?

Correct. First one was double placed. Version 1.5 of Part 1 is up.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:23 AM, Berthil said:

That's fast! :)
What do you think far? I tried to make the machine more accessible to a broader audience by trying to make clear instructions with steps as logical as possible when building by using more steps and callouts. It will never be an easy machine to build but do you think my efforts are worth while or still very complicated with a need to look 10 steps ahead? I know I tend to cramp a lot of parts in a building step but wen putting the parts aside before building and looking carefully where they need to go should help. 

Enjoing every minute. For me the instructions are clear enough. I have seen you added an axle length legend on some pages. This is a great help. No scrolling ahead is needed. I sorted (most) of the parts out before i begain the build. I ignored the gearing / timing for now. I will do this ad the end. Other people are commenting some unclear sections, so the instruction can be improoved, but if you are an experienced builder you will get trough it as a warm knife trough butter.

When i was young as a child, i had greate inspiration to build / design anything i want from scratch by just playing. 30 years later i came to the conclusion the inspiration to design myself is hard / has gone. But building your / akiyuki (and other contributors that improve) machines with the instruction gave me the experience i had as a child. And also my kids (3 and 5 years of age) love to play with de GBC's

@t0mster thanks for your kind words :)
If you keep positions of gears etc. as in the instruction 95% of the timing should be correct and only needs fine-tuning at the end. 

Part 3 of the BI is up. This part has less steps but is the most complicated one with a lot of callouts and timing advice.
When finished building Part 3 all timed components are in the build and are connected.
Part 4 will be pretty straightforward with finishing the conveyor belts, ball exit and drive mechanism.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-24605/Berthil/akiyuki-ball-factory-new-style-v3/#bi

Edited by Berthil
Link to BI added

Berthil, 

Part3 is great again. I have noted the following:

263: There is an 1x1 tile but i cannot see where to place it.
280: Black pin floating in the air, not used until 281
291: There is an pin3 (friction with axle) but i cannot see where to place it.
299: i think there need to be at least one pin to connect/lock the liftarm to the gear

Yeah, black looks also nice. Some parts i have to re-order in the correct color, but i will do that afterwords. Iam currently overthinking if iam going with black, or spend a few (a lot) € more for the dbg colors

@t0mster thanks! All issues acknowledged and corrected (1x1 tile has moved to part 2).
Also made some updates to the other BI Parts so all three are one version up and uploaded to Rebrickable.

Edited by Berthil

Berthil, you have done a wonderful job. Your design and many of the clever solutions you used are amazing. I follow your instructions and build rather slowly in order to enjoy every, every step. I am still amazed how rigid the construction is. I can take it, turn it even upside down and nothing falls out. Thank you so much for your work!

2 hours ago, tismabrick said:

Wow, you‘re really fast! Thanks a lot!!

@Berthil 's speed is incredible. Thanks for your hard work.

Im also impressed by the speed you push out the updates to the instructions.

Berthil. Great, Great work.

If i look at the time you posted part4, i know for shure you had some "red eyes" at that time of the night ;)
i almost finished the build, iam out of "axle L4" for the large wheel ;(. And iam awaiting an aliexpress order for the 3mm rigid hoses. I  dont want tot use Lego origionals because they are too expensive and i dont want to cut them

I dont know if its allowed to discus non-lego parts but this us what i orderd https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?spm=a2g0s.9042647.0.0.70d64c4d2deEWj&orderId=900130519619801&productId=32778220810
The have an outher diameter of 3.2mm. They should fit well.

I think there is an issue on 277. The most outher yellow 2x4 clamp part can rotate on its axle. Is that correct?
The V2 instructions from blackbird (Page 135) mounts them "static" so they cannot rotate
46958092865_b01f10d6a2_c.jpg

Here the result so far:
32930021907_b417b6f224_c.jpg

Edited by t0mster

i made a small improvement, maybe its only a problem on my machine, but i found out that the horizontal liftarm is pushed to much to the left and right, resulting in too much friction
i added the parts below so the horizontal liftarm stays more in the correct position

47085106314_c9e5961dc7_b.jpg

I had this problem also with the V2 machine

That's why I added the 1x3 beam on the axle (on your photo white), to keep it straighter with less friction. If this also adds to less friction I will add it to the instruction. Thanks.

Hey @Berthil

I also think that there’s something wrong on page 277 as @t0mster mentioned above.

P.S. I hate your Axle Tester! It prooved that about 50% of my axles are not straight ?. Thanks!

Edited by tismabrick

On 5/18/2019 at 2:09 PM, t0mster said:

The V2 instructions from blackbird (Page 135) mounts them "static" so they cannot rotate
46958092865_b01f10d6a2_c.jpg

Correct, the two black 2L liftarms with axle hole should be the other way around and lower blue axle pins should be regular pins. I will correct it, thanks.

I am traveling and not at my regular computer, so maybe this question has been answered. @Berthil is there a file available for the entire model that can be imported into Stud.io? An mpd file? I am looking at the instructions as you post the parts...1 through 4. As the build progresses, the images get more and more complex and crowded. You have done an outstanding job of making the instructions, putting in dialogue boxes, and outlining in RED the pieces that are going in during each instruction. But for my novice needs, it might also be a big help if I could look at the model from many different angles, and be able to highlight parts for a better understanding of what connects to what, and where. And a very big THANK YOU for all your hard work to date.

Edited by rskamen