Just now, Berthil said:

I timed mine differently in the instructions, my Bob is already on its way to the wheel on that point so its just a matter of a different moment in time. Obviously there is only one way to time it or otherwise buckets or balls drop.
I agree with Ankoku, my goal was and is to show it on events to the public, please feel free to make any changes that work and share them here. 

if you change the bucket unloader crank to how it is in the V2 instructions, the buckets get placed on the conveyor early which means they dont sit and wait at the shifter, but you need to gear the second conveyor down again

@Berthil im taking my ball factory to a show this weekend ( brickvention), so i will report back with some video soon of it running and if i had any issues which so far i havent so fingers crossed

5 hours ago, 9v system said:

@Berthil im taking my ball factory to a show this weekend ( brickvention), so i will report back with some video soon of it running and if i had any issues which so far i havent so fingers crossed

Excellent and good luck. And have fun, let's not forget :)

@Berthil just thought i would give an update on the ball factory:

at the start of the first day the bucket shifter was shuttering but after adding a 2x4 liftarm on the back it solved this issue

other than that this machine has been running rock solid all day with no issues

heres a video of it working

On 1/12/2020 at 7:14 AM, Berthil said:

I'm planning to ad a 'timing chart' to the instructions with a top down view of the construction with numbered timing sequence.

@Berthil, I am coming towards the end of building my Invisible Lift. So far, everything looks good, but may have some timing issues. I like the idea that you will be doing a "timing sequence" for Ver3 of the Ball Factory. I will anxiously awaiting your updated instructions. I appreciate all of your hard work and encouragement. Best wishes for a very healthy and prosperous New Year.

@rskamen I did an attempt but failed, it's not possible to get everything in one chart. Also the fact that my image editing software doesn't work wit iOS Catalina doesn't help.

I think I will make a video but this will take some time.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:29 PM, Berthil said:

@rskamen I did an attempt but failed, it's not possible to get everything in one chart. Also the fact that my image editing software doesn't work wit iOS Catalina doesn't help.

I think I will make a video but this will take some time.

Thank you for your attempt and hard work. I have my Invisible lift timed perfectly now. Just awaiting some parts to finish the delivery and exit ramps. I will be double checking everything on Ver3 of the Ball Factory once I have some time. You help, guidance, and instructions have been a major help.

today i received an email about the mega ball factory

akiyuki didnt take any video of it running but sent me lots of photos of each part and a pdf explanation of how it works.

would anyone be interested in seeing this additional information?

4 hours ago, 9v system said:

ok i will create a folder on bricksafe and post them there

Great, I'm interested as well, thanks! :classic:

@9v system I did and looks good but had no time yet to try out it myself. Looks good to solve the sometimes stick/slip behaviour of the bucket shifter carrier although other updates I've done for this also seem to work but better one improvement too many than too short. I hope to test soon soon and update instructions.

Interesting feeder. Looks more reliable than the spiral thingy with the picker but also less interesting than the picker.

Edited by tismabrick

@9v system Yeah. It basically uses the same loading approach as the Ball Factory v1. After that it just follows the original instructions.

I have never had issues with the spiral lift or picker. That said, the instructions are wrong on both.

@rskamen how did you go with your build of the v3 factory?

i have just pulled mine out of storage as i want to post some photos of the minor changes i have done to it

On 5/5/2020 at 3:22 AM, 9v system said:

@rskamen how did you go with your build of the v3 factory?

i have just pulled mine out of storage as i want to post some photos of the minor changes i have done to it

It runs extremely well and was fun to rebuild from the Version2. My neighbor has it so he can study how it works as he is contemplating building one as well. A very good version.