Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

The Fabuland Revolution

With the recent increase in Fabuland creations (in the style that I am now referring to as Fabuland Deluxe), which has resulted in much joy and the builders_guild.gif, I think it's about time it had a home of it's own. No, I'm not suggesting an entire subforum, that's overkill, but I do think that it would be nice to see two small things:

1. Fabuland added to the list of "Other Themes" as mentioned in the index. I mean, seriously, when was the last meaningful Ferrari discussion held in here? :hmpf:

2. A pinned Fabuland Builders Guild thread, where the members could post their WIP, take questions and comments, and offer tips to fans of the theme. Perhaps the first post could also serve as an index of creations.

Fabuland offers a number of unique parts that simply don't exist outside of it, yet are compatible with standard system creations, and can be incorporated, as the Guild members have shown, with great success. That can lead to confusion, or simply a lack of knowledge, and such a thread might offer a place to get an answer, without spamming up the forum with 1000 little threads. For example, prior to looking closely at a recent creation, I didn't realise that there are special shutters in the theme, shutters that I am now in :wub: with :blush:.

Somehow, this makes sense to me, but I realise that it will create a certain amount of work for someone, so I could understand if the idea is discarded as too much effort, I just thought I'd share it.

I subscirbe to this.

I was just thinking we'd need, at least, a Fabuland MOCs Index; and maybe (just maybe) some reviews of Fabuland sets could be interesting :classic: .

LuxorV

I do think it's a good idea ImperialShadows. And if you started such a thread, you could always edit and maintain it that way, if you were interested... :sweet:

I do think it's a good idea ImperialShadows. And if you started such a thread, you could always edit and maintain it that way, if you were interested... :sweet:

Well, if a couple more people pop up wanting it... consider me in. :thumbup:

This is so great. I hope to see more of Fabuland creations too. :blush: Hope i am able to contribute some too. :classic:

I just ordered the Fabuland Steamwheel ship, expect some Fabuland MOCs soon! :grin:

The Sailor Monkey will also become my Sigfig...

Walrus Employees ON! :thumbup::laugh:

I totally agree. This would keep this Fabuland "revolution" more organized, so to speak. If you need help with anything, I'd be more than happy to! :classic:

The Revolution Has Begun.

I've indexed the entire first page! :blush:

I actually intend to thumbnail them as well, but that's all down the road. For now, I'll be working on the actual indexing.

I'll be using the * system to indicate the latest additions to the index (but I can't mark the original threads without posting, which would be incredibly spammy, so it will be interesting). Good thing I'm organized. :wacko:

Since Hinck is clearly the President and Founder of the Guild, I'll be counting on him to a supply a bigger logo (I've never seen one that small... forget it, I'm not going there :tongue:) and keep me updated on new membership additions.

Please make any suggestions about the Index/Discussion thread here so we can keep from cluttering it up with business and obscuring it's real purpose. As a matter of fact, I will rename this thread tonight, to indicate it's new use. I'll leave it for now, so as not to confuse anyone looking for it.

builders_guild.gif

Inspiration, Information, Innovation

This is a great idea Shadows! :thumbup:

I hope I will be able to contribute to this, I already did a Copmike scene :grin:

A nice idea. That reminds me that I still have one. I might building something the next days. :wink:

Since Hinck is clearly the President and Founder of the Guild...

Point of order, Madam Secretary, I certainly was the first to speak those three words but it was piggy-backing on the building and energy of Sir Nadroj's new MOC, so I would have to share the title of co-founders with Sir Nadroj. But, really-let's never speak of ranks or titles again. And since we have a Guild thread, I'll lock this one up.

Goodbye Fabuland Revolution Thread. You were one of my favorites. :cry_sad: