Sign in to follow this  
anatolich

[MOC] Kenworth Tow Truck

Hey!

I want to show you my latest MOC, Kenworth tow truck. And yes, this is my second Kenworth in a row, but there will be at least 1 more in May. Kenworth is my favourite truck brand :)

40490418613_2c458d384b_b.jpg

Features:

• 8X4 drive and fake V8 engine - 4 L motors
  • Front axle steering - 1 Servo motor
  • 2nd axle lifting - 1 M motor
  • Rer outriggers - 1 L motor
  • Boom raising - 1 L motor
  • 3 stage boom extending - 1 L motor
  • 2 independent winches - 2 M motors
  • Towing fork - 1 M motor
  • Manual towing fork extending
  • Pendular suspension on 2 rear axles and torsion suspesion on 2nd axle
  • 10 openable doors on each side and openable hood

Dimensions:

• Lenght - 69cm
  • Widht - 19 studs
  • Height (lowered boom) - 25cm
  • Height (raised boom) - ~70cm
  • Weight - 4.8kg

Some of mechanisms used in the boom, such as raising and end of the 3rd stage were inspired by @efferman `s tow truck and the boom itself was inspired by @Ivan_M `s mobile crane.

This time I tried to make a slightly narrower but higher cab, sleeper also is higher in comparison with my previous MOC. Also I made whell arches as tight as possible, so sometimes in turns rear wheels touch them.

More fotos:

47457079721_e126d40b34_b.jpg

32515449217_711264f878_b.jpg

47456416681_7faf4ccf13_b.jpg

32515420567_d60e69ae05_b.jpg

47457088531_c44ec8009d_b.jpg

32515429817_50e71c44eb_b.jpg

40490427503_0066cb2ca1_b.jpg

33580825068_fbcac610e2_b.jpg

47457145001_386f988955_b.jpg

46734036824_c1e541cf1b_b.jpg

You can find more fotos in my Flick

Video is coming in April!

P. S. I remember that some of You complained about custom fake engine, but I don`t want to switch to other engine in nearest future

Hope You like it!

Edited by anatolich

Looks like it spent some time sitting on a shelf somewhere and picked up some dust :classic:

Otherwise, all I see is a stunning model with some excellent functions. Well done!

Wow! :wub: That thing is a beauty. It looks solid, intimidating almost. I really like the tidyness of the bodywork. Normally I am not a fan of using lots of parts to fill the holes, but in this case it really works. That 3-section boom looks amazing. And as a sucker for function heavy models: this one must be packed on the inside *huh*

Hi! I like absolutely everything in this tow truck! Especially I/, loved with the front view, grill, trucks proportions!

Kindly ask you to consider possibility of creating building manuals!

Thank you for kind words! It means very a lot to me

19 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Looks like it spent some time sitting on a shelf somewhere and picked up some dust :classic:

This model was clean when we started doing fotos, but you can see a lot of dust because it was very windy and sand on the ground was dry

18 hours ago, suffocation said:

Got any video footage?

As I said earlier, video is coming in April

7 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

this one must be packed on the inside

No, surprisingly. There is a lot of free space

7 hours ago, Aleh said:

Kindly ask you to consider possibility of creating building manuals!

Unfortunatly I can`t create instructions for this model for 2 reasons

1. It has some illegal techiques, so LDD instructions is impossible
  2. I have no my own camera, so good quality fotosequens is also impossible

But when I`ll disasseble it I can take not very good quality fotos of everything in this MOC, so you could create instructions. If you are intrested in this please let me know

Edited by anatolich

Very awesome and good job!! i have thought about building something simulair but not had the courage for it yet haha. 

Though i am a bit curious what the chassis/ underside looks like. the truck doesnt even seem to bend a little over such a long distance!

Keep on building :classic:

Hi again!

Last week my friend and I shoot a video, so probably video is coming next or maybe even this week!

While filming video I found 1 problem: in turns the wheels touch the hood and I don't know where, therefore I need to rebuild the whole front part but I'm very tired of this MOC.

Also I have an announcement: I decided to make this MOC in Studio, at this moment I have done about 30% of the work and this truck already has 1862 part, so it is going to be quite big.

On 3/26/2019 at 1:25 AM, Janeau said:

Though i am a bit curious what the chassis/ underside looks like.

Here is foto specially for you;)

33701461878_b56b891da9_b.jpg

46854517924_1ab3b62c6a_b.jpg

To be continued...

Great job!!! :thumbup:  I really like how this truck looks like! Looking forward to the video

Wow this is absolutely incredible!! It is the largest moc of the year - with so many functions to boot ?! Incredible bodywork - amazing grill and just stunning overall appearance and scale. Well done :wub:

Well video is ready, but with mistake: we set camera wrong so the extended boom isn't in video.

But still the video is here:

Also I'll try to finish Studio file next week

To be continued...

Hey again!

Today I have finished this MOC in Studio, but unfortunately I wasn't able to make instructions.

You can find file here.

Note that towing fork, boom raising and extending are contolled by ropes, hope you will understand where they should be connected.

Also note that there are illigal solutions and some parts have to be bent.

If You have question, please contact me!

Edit: I don't know how but I forgot to mention that boom can't set in starting position without help because of friction

Edited by anatolich

Hi anatolich what a amazing model. Just a quick question on what is powering the motors?

Sbrick

Buwizz or regular Ir receiver.

1 hour ago, kamsohal said:

Hi anatolich what a amazing model. Just a quick question on what is powering the motors?

Sbrick

Buwizz or regular Ir receiver.

I used 3 SBricks to control this MOC

Ok thank you.im in the process of making this great model.converted the studio file into pdf instructions to achieve this.

I dont know anything about trucks, but this thing looks so damn huge and cool, damn. Black and red is always a good choice. I like using alternative building techniques too, but bending parts isn't good. Just please don't.

Well done. What's the overall part count?

Edited by Gray Gear

51 minutes ago, kamsohal said:

Ok thank you.im in the process of making this great model.converted the studio file into pdf instructions to achieve this.

If you will have any problem with building it, feel free to contact me.

54 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I dont know anything about trucks, but this thing looks so damn huge and cool, damn. Black and red is always a good choice. I like using alternative building techniques too, but bending parts isn't good. Just please don't.

Well done. What's the overall part count?

About bending... My next MOC is possible only because of bending, but it will barely noticeable when it's finished.

If I remember correctly, this MOC has about 5300 parts.