Kit Bricksto

[MOC] Minifig Scale AT-RT + Instructions

Hi everyone!

It's been a very long time since I posted anything online and I have decided that this ends now! In the next couple of weeks I will upload a few creations of mine that I built in the last year or so and never published.. until now!

The first in this series of MOCs is the tiny minifig-scale AT-RT walker. I designed this one to have all the articualtion it needed to fully crouch down for storage in a LAAT/i or an AT-TE while maintaining the right proportions and shaping when standing up, too. There really isn't much to say about this tiny build, so here come the pictures! :D I hope you like them and if you do, leave a comment. And even if you don't like them.. constructive critcism is always welcome! ;)

46532571265_f6ecd80a13_z.jpg

46731273734_a8083f7a20_z.jpg

Instructions can be found in the Spoiler below:

Spoiler

46733142764_d0c25fe436_z.jpg46541023785_4b2f4249b5_z.jpg

46733141784_d415f479ff_z.jpg46733145714_9947c6dc65_z.jpg

47456190601_0d1f643306_z.jpg

XML-parts list in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

<INVENTORY><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>48729b</ITEMID><COLOR>85</COLOR><MINQTY>4</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>22484</ITEMID><COLOR>85</COLOR><MINQTY>4</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>11090</ITEMID><COLOR>85</COLOR><MINQTY>2</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>30162</ITEMID><COLOR>85</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>30031</ITEMID><COLOR>85</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>4085c</ITEMID><COLOR>85</COLOR><MINQTY>2</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>14419</ITEMID><COLOR>85</COLOR><MINQTY>2</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>54200</ITEMID><COLOR>85</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>2555</ITEMID><COLOR>85</COLOR><MINQTY>2</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>30375</ITEMID><COLOR>85</COLOR><MINQTY>2</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>48729b</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>87994</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>30374</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>4733</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>2</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>194</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>26047</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>85861</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>4073</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>2</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>61252</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>6019</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>14418</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>4</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>2540</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>11476</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>60470b</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>54200</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>2</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>4265c</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>3</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>3673</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>3070b</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>2</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>2412b</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>2</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>24299</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>24307</ITEMID><COLOR>86</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>92946</ITEMID><COLOR>34</COLOR><MINQTY>1</MINQTY></ITEM></INVENTORY>

Edited by Kit Bricksto

Great walkers! It's hard making them accurate and not fall apart in your hands at this scale, but it's worth it. :)

Good looking MOC (and here I was, looking around the SW forum right before posting a similar topic :tongue:)! As with anything this size, scale can be a problem, but you pulled it off really well, especially the feet. I will say that the front looks a bit narrow, but I do realize that there's nothing to be done about that (again, size/scale). A final note, the blaster cannon seems a bit short and chunky; perhaps a fllickfire missle would work?

Edited by CommanderJonny1

As I said on Flickr, great little AT-RT, great posability!

Thanks for the instructions, I reverse-engineered it right in my mind it seems :classic:

This looks great! I really like it! 

One question, the mixle joint part, what is that part number? I've never seen it before.

It really looks great, just the other day I was looking for ways to correct the gun on the AT-RT included in 75151, now I guess I'll have to start a new bricklink wishlist for the parts in your version :D

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

One question, the mixle joint part, what is that part number? I've never seen it before.

If you're talking about the one used at the ankle and hips I'm pretty sure it's this part, if you're talking about the upper leg/thigh I don't know, it's actually the first time I see that piece (although I suspected it's existence).

1 hour ago, Per_SW said:

If you're talking about the one used at the ankle and hips I'm pretty sure it's this part, if you're talking about the upper leg/thigh I don't know, it's actually the first time I see that piece (although I suspected it's existence).

Got it, thanks!

The best and most accurate (both in looks and scale) AT-RT I have ever seen! Thanks for sharing the design to us!

nice try, ball joints definitely provide more pose capability. for front blaster, how about try a 64567 instead 3673, a little bit longer then. and step 6 sub-assy 2nd, try 2 of 2412 instead 1x1 tile, may get you more detail.

Further more, per the front armour, try a pair of 35787 triangle tile may help studless effect.

Edited by JoeChu1980

On 3/24/2019 at 8:02 PM, CommanderJonny1 said:

Good looking MOC (and here I was, looking around the SW forum right before posting a similar topic :tongue:)! As with anything this size, scale can be a problem, but you pulled it off really well, especially the feet. I will say that the front looks a bit narrow, but I do realize that there's nothing to be done about that (again, size/scale). A final note, the blaster cannon seems a bit short and chunky; perhaps a fllickfire missle would work?

Thanks! There actually seem to be two versions of the AT-RT. The CW version seems to be a bit wider in the front than the EPIII ones seem to be. I went for the slim film-version here. I agree that the cannon is not optimal though. I tried a lot of things to make it more elegant - including the flickfire part - but I didn't like any of them. I might try and find something better here in the future though..

On 3/25/2019 at 5:23 PM, JoeChu1980 said:

nice try, ball joints definitely provide more pose capability. for front blaster, how about try a 64567 instead 3673, a little bit longer then. and step 6 sub-assy 2nd, try 2 of 2412 instead 1x1 tile, may get you more detail.

Further more, per the front armour, try a pair of 35787 triangle tile may help studless effect.

I don't really like the look of the lightsaber hilt as a gun here. It would improve the lenght alright but it just looks too cartoony in my opinion. I actually had the grill tiles on the sides originally (check the digital picture on Flickr) but I didn't like the way it looked on the real model so I changed them for the tiles. The AT-RT does have some kind of boxy things on the sides, so I guess the tiles fit quite well. As for the wedge tiles, they would make it smoother but the angle is too steep and not having the studs would make the front seem a bit too slim in my opinion. Thanks for all the suggestions though! I'll definitely look into lenghtening the gun again. ;)

Hey, this may sound pretty lame, but I literally created this account just to praise this moc. Seriously.
Like, well-done dude, this is above and beyond a lot of builds out there! I've built about 4 myself off of your design, and they are just blowing my mind with how poseable they are, and how great they look! Seriously, thank you for making this design, as well as sharing the instructions!