Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Five

Please Only Post in Here With Your Given Anonymous Accounts!
Only Players Post In Here Please!!!

pirates_banner.png

---

img_1877.jpg

"Bawk!" Gordon said. "I'm walking late at night! Not a care!"

img_1878.jpg

Someone appeared behind him with a sword!

"Oh, this is bad."

img_1880.jpg

Gordon fell down, dead.

"Now I'm going to cook him into a nice meal!" the assailant said.

img_1881.jpg

"Well, we managed to kill Geoffrey, and he was an Imperial Soldier. But we lost Gordon, a Loyal Pirate. Keep up the good work!"

---

Alive Players:
alden.jpg
Jack “One Eye” Alden
dixon.jpg
Timothy “The Butcher” Dixon
hammond.jpg
Louisa “The Fierce” Hammond
triggs.jpg
Patrick “Paddy” Triggs
finch.jpg
Joseph “The Ruthless” Finch
chapman.jpg
Thomas “Lucky” Chapman
langley.jpg
Malcolm “Swab’s The Deck” Langley 
ogden.jpg
Henry “The Kraken” Ogden
clayton.jpg
Nigel “The Immortal” Clayton

In Davy Jones' Locker:
pinkerton.jpg
Alexander “The Anchor” Pinkerton - Loyal Pirate (mod-killed, Night One)
thornton.jpg
Jane “One-Eared” Thornton - Loyal Pirate (run through, Night One) 
fontaine.jpg
Remy “The French” Fontaine - Loyal Pirate (walked the plank, Day Two)
brewster.jpg
Bartholomew “Barty” Brewster - Imperial Soldier (sunk to the depths, Day Three)
holton.jpg
Geoffrey “The Brave” Holton - Imperial Soldier (eaten by a shark, Day Four)
smith.jpg
Gordon “Crow’s Nest” Smith - Loyal Pirate (de-feathered, Night Four)

---

Rules (Please Read!):

1)    Every player has received their own character account. Make sure you do not post in thread with your normal Eurobricks account. This game is completely anonymous. You are not to disclose your participation in this game anywhere on the forums. In thread, you must not say who you actually are.

2)    In addition, it is a bit of an honor rule that you do not share who you are to any other player, even if they are on your team, in private. There is no way to successfully enforce this rule, and I don’t encourage people running and snitching if someone has done it.

3)    You are either a Loyal Pirate or an Imperial Soldier. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. Any third party characters have their own win conditions.

4)    A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote after the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours. Do not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

5)    The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.

6)    You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. 

7)    If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. There will not be a deadboard and even when you die, you are not to reveal your identity or reveal your participation. You will find out who played who at the end of the game

8)    Don’t edit your posts, please.

9)    Please post in every day thread. If something comes up, please come to me privately and let me know. 

10)    Try to be nice to your fellow players.

Once again, players only and please use your given alternate account! Please PM me with any questions! 

Argg! Very nice work me lads! I think Patrick and Nigel can definitely be trusted at this point. Very sad to hear our town inventor was slain in the night. At least we know the bird told no lies! I will definitely be anticipating what the PR's with actions have to say, but I will like to say that Thomas Chapman has been giving me bad vibes. He has been very quiet and he is one of the few people I don't know the role of. He also tends to be a middle of the road. Something about him seems off to me.

Anyone else find it curious how the scum managed to claim all roles that no town ended up claiming? We haven't had a single double role claim (well except day 3 but it was a similar role). Could the scum have an investigator? I don't know but it's a very curious thing to think about. 

Argg! Here this be for references. 

Day 1

Vote Count:

Barty Brewster - 3 (Thomas, Henry, Timothy)

Timothy Dixon - 1 (Geoffrey)

Gordon Smith - 1 (Joseph)

Henry Ogden - 1 (Barty)

Alexander Pinkerton - 4 (Nigel, Gordon, Malcolm, Remy

Remy Fontaine - 4 (Patrick, Jack, Louisa, Jane)

Day 2

Vote Count:

Remy Fontaine - 8 (Thomas, Joseph, Jack, Timothy, Henry, Louisa, Barty, Malcolm)

Henry Ogden - 1 (Nigel)

Nigel Clayton - 1 (Patrick)

Louisa Hammond - 2 (Gordon, Geoffrey)

Day 3

Vote Count:

Barty Brewster - 11 (Patrick, Louisa, Timothy, Nigel, Henry, Joseph, Geoffrey, Malcolm, Jack, Thomas, Gordon)

Timothy Dixon - 1 (Barty)

Day 4

Vote Count: 

Geoffrey Holton - 10 (Joseph, Timothy, Henry, Malcolm, Patrick, Louisa, Gordon, Thomas, Nigel, Jack) 

Timothy Dixon - 1 (Geoffrey) 

37 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

Thomas Chapman has been giving me bad vibes. He has been very quiet and he is one of the few people I don't know the role of. He also tends to be a middle of the road. Something about him seems off to me.

I definitely agree here. I’ve mentioned it in PM that I think Thomas has flown underneath the radar for a solid two days now. He’s said very little. I’d like to hear from him more.

37 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

Anyone else find it curious how the scum managed to claim all roles that no town ended up claiming? We haven't had a single double role claim (well except day 3 but it was a similar role). Could the scum have an investigator? I don't know but it's a very curious thing to think about. 

Maybe they have a rolecop? A tracker is such a common role it seems too much of a risk too claim it outright. 

We know there was a scum kill last night. If we look at this as a process of elimination it might be worth seeing who did what last night? This way we can rule out who could NOT have performed the kill. 

Well, that was a good result yesterday :sweet:

Two for two in the votes is really solid. I wasn’t going to change my vote yesterday, but with Geoffrey’s claim and his tenacity, I wasn’t cocky confident about his lynch.  

Mom going to hold off until any results come in, but I have to say, is anyone surprised the scum chose to kill off Gordon instead of me?

Mom>I’m

Alright, I'm the investigator. I investigated Jack Alden the first night, followed by Henry, and then Finch. My results were all Loyal Pirates for them. Last night, I investigated Malcolm but came back with no result, meaning I was either blocked or similar. I reached out to Alden the third day and he's who I've been in contact with. I was then asked if I wanted protection last night by Patrick (through Alden).

Henry was bang on in fingering Geoffrey :snicker: but it's not good that after 2 nights of no-kill there is indeed a night kill.

20 minutes ago, Thomas Chapman said:

Alright, I'm the investigator.

Jack and I could have vouched for you instead of revealing this! I can happily confirm that, while I have not had direct contact with Thomas, I did arrange for Nigel to protect him last night.

And the Emperials have dropped farther on the rungs of humanity.  Even the most deprived man doesn't eat the flesh of another.

Tis true, I placed the vest on Thomas myself.  Though it seems it was unneeded as the bird was their target this night.

Blocked Tim again last night. Was going to block Tom but Patrick discouraged that so I blocked Tim instead. 

So why did Tom not get a result? 

Can see why scum killed Gordon. Inventor sounds OP.

1 hour ago, Nigel Clayton said:

Tis true, I placed the vest on Thomas myself.  Though it seems it was unneeded as the bird was their target this night.

I'm assuming you could only use your watcher ability or the tool Gordon gave you, but not both in the same night.

I'll just say right now the only scum I could see being left would be our two masons.

That or Henry is a godfather who has been busing his mates (unlikely but lol if you did :snicker:), or Tim is scum who hasn't been cleared but has been blocked by me for the past three nights cause I'm annoying.

6 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Blocked Tim again last night. Was going to block Tom but Patrick discouraged that so I blocked Tim instead. 

So why did Tom not get a result? 

Can see why scum killed Gordon. Inventor sounds OP.

Argg! Scum could have blocked him. That is if they have a blocker. Geoffrey had accurate results so I assume the scum had some kind of tracker. Nothing stopped Geoffrey night 2 it seems, so I think assuming Barty was stopped by Patrick is logical. Using that logic it seems Barty was the original scum killer. So it seems the scum team started off with a killer and a tracker. I don't think the team having a blocker is too far out of the question. I do wonder why scum would choose to block Thomas of all people? Out of all the confirmed powerful PR's the scum blocked the quiet unconfirmed townie. 

Just now, Malcolm Langley said:

Out of all the confirmed powerful PR's the scum blocked the quiet unconfirmed townie. 

Well Jack said we had an investigator, and most everyone had already claimed a role, so it just would have been a choice between Tom or Henry.

Who do you think we should lynch today?

2 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

Mom

I don't think this ship has any tendies, but it does have plenty of rum!

8 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Well Jack said we had an investigator, and most everyone had already claimed a role, so it just would have been a choice between Tom or Henry.

As of yesterday the non-public claims were Jack, Thomas and Henry.

31 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

That or Henry is a godfather who has been busing his mates (unlikely but lol if you did :snicker:), or Tim is scum who hasn't been cleared but has been blocked by me for the past three nights cause I'm annoying.

Really, I think I’m pretty cleared to be town, between an investigator result, trying to get Barty out day one, privately suggesting Patrick to jail themselves night three*, and hammering Geoffrey yesterday, going so far as to urge Patrick (I think, maybe Nigel) in private to keep the vote on Geoffrey.  You don’t get any townier flavor of vanilla than me.

With Tim, I don’t think he’s clear, but I’m not particularly worried about him as of yet.  The Godfather is usually inactive on early nights, appearing vanilla.  Likely there are two scum left, one being The Godfather, as Barty and Geoffrey had night actions.  Depending on the host’s discretion, possibly night actions have floated around the scum team.  I’ve seen this host put a finger on the scales to balance out a losing team (and at this point, the scum are losing).  Maybe The Godfather is going to get suddenly active.

*not to say that they did so because I told them to, but to say I had put that in his ear and would, if scum, have played accordingly. If I were scum, I would have blocked and killed that dude or simply taken any other target

6 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

I don't think this ship has any tendies, but it does have plenty of rum!

As of yesterday the non-public claims were Jack, Thomas and Henry.

I’m vanilla.  You don’t get any less active at night than me.

Investigator got blocked. 

I think Hammond is the best choice for today. I’ve expressed my suspicions of her in both public and private over the last few days and she’s laid low ever since claiming  Day 2, and to me Geoffrey’s guilt indicates Timothy’s innocence which indicates Hammond’s guilt. 

More thoughts after my slumber. 

8 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

I think Hammond is the best choice for today. I’ve expressed my suspicions of her in both public and private over the last few days and she’s laid low ever since claiming  Day 2, and to me Geoffrey’s guilt indicates Timothy’s innocence which indicates Hammond’s guilt. 

No no no.  Geoffrey was going down, about to be revealed as scum.  Nothing he said on day four is worth anything.  Arguably, him going after Timothy for truely flimsy reasons is a mark against Timothy. We’d be better off looking at Geoffrey’s ‘town mode’ on days two and three.

9 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

Are we sure Thomas was blocked?  

Your logic seems flawed to me.  Are you suggesting she blocked Thomas?  Louisa claimed to have blocked Timothy for the last three nights.  She presumably can't block two people in one night.  If she didn't block Timothy and was the scum blocker, rather than the town blocker, then she and Timothy would have to be working together, as scum.   

So you’re suggesting Louisa roleclaimed on day three, trying to start a lynch on Timothy, because they’re scum in cahoots?  Interesting theory :look:

5 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

So you’re suggesting Louisa roleclaimed on day three, trying to start a lynch on Timothy, because they’re scum in cahoots?  Interesting theory :look:

No, just pointing out that I thought Joseph's logic was flawed. I think that, if she was lying, that her and Timothy would both be scum.  At this point, I believe she is town and Timothy is possibly scum.  I.e the opposite of what Joseph suggested.

It’s worth voting Louisa knew my role but chose to block me me anyway last night. Regardless, I’ve been looking back and have tried to narrow down who the scum killer might be based on what happened last night. It can’t be Jack or Henry (as they have been confirmed Town). It can’t be Joesph because he has been confirmed town. And then by extension it can’t be Malcom, because they are Masons. It can’t be me, because I was blocked last night, and therefore it can’t be Louisa either, because she blocked me. It can’t be Nigel, because he gave out a protection last night. And if Thomas IS telling the truth about being the investigator, then it can’t be him either. 

Which means either Patrick or Jack would have killed Gordon last night.

This all relies on Thomas being the investigator though. If he is lying then we can’t be sure that his results are true. 

Scrap what I said about Jack. He can’t be the killer because he was confirmed town by the investigator. Argg! This game is messing with my one eyed head! 

Someone has to have been lying about what they did last night. 

• If Thomas is lying, then the allegiances of Jack, Henry, Joseph, and so by extension Malcom. Will have to come into question. Since they were confirmed town by him.
  • Nigel is lying about giving a protection to Thomas.
  • Louisa isn’t lying because I know for a fact she blocked me. 

If you’re blindly relying on investigations for results, we won’t be in good positions in the late days.  I’m town because I tried to lynch Barty and Geoffrey early on and carried forth with it, more than because I was investigated.  The Godfather is out there, and they could well have been given the killing power.  So someone blocked/investigated early on could be up to some bad stuff now.

2 hours ago, Timothy Dixon said:

It’s worth voting Louisa knew my role but chose to block me me anyway last night. Regardless, I’ve been looking back and have tried to narrow down who the scum killer might be based on what happened last night. It can’t be Jack or Henry (as they have been confirmed Town). It can’t be Joesph because he has been confirmed town. And then by extension it can’t be Malcom, because they are Masons. It can’t be me, because I was blocked last night, and therefore it can’t be Louisa either, because she blocked me. It can’t be Nigel, because he gave out a protection last night. And if Thomas IS telling the truth about being the investigator, then it can’t be him either. 

Which means either Patrick or Jack would have killed Gordon last night.

This all relies on Thomas being the investigator though. If he is lying then we can’t be sure that his results are true. 

Argg! Everyone has a town PR so it can't be anyone. Nah I kid. But honestly I'm not sure the investigation result mean that much with the possibility of the godfather out there. I think this is an interesting strategy though. It seems both Timothy and Louisa have confirmed that Timothy was blocked last night. So he can't be the new scum killer. Going off of Barty being the original killer, that would mean we are now on the third scum killer. I would not be surprised if this scummo also had another role at this point. Would a scum be able to use their killing ability and their role ability at the same time? I'm having trouble remembering if that happens. If they cannot then that should not Louisa off the list as she used her ability to block Timothy. She could still be a scum blocker though, but I think this crosses her off the new killer list. I know me and Joseph did not do it, there is no way to prove to you guys we did do if you want to keep us on your own personal list then so be it. That leaves Jack, Patrick, Thomas, Nigel, and Henry as being the new scum killer. 

Using my inner thoughts that I think Patrick and Nigel are town I can knock them off the list. Be it known that this is purely non-factual. If I do this it leaves Jack, Thomas, and Henry. I be suspicious of all three of these mates now. I know Thomas claimed Investigator but I feel if scum wanted to they could claim that role. Only thing that would not add up is how on Earth would the scum know that there was no real Investigator living? Argg this hurts my head. I need some Persian Maple Rum. 

9 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

Really, I think I’m pretty cleared to be town, between an investigator result, trying to get Barty out day one, privately suggesting Patrick to jail themselves night three*, and hammering Geoffrey yesterday, going so far as to urge Patrick (I think, maybe Nigel) in private to keep the vote on Geoffrey.  You don’t get any townier flavor of vanilla than me.

Agreed 100%. It was merely a joke. 

Right now the best options we have for a lynch are Timothy or the claimed masons.

Patrick is definitely town since he jailed and voted for Bart. He also jailed himself and was visited by Geoffrey.

Nigel is definitely town since he set the trap for Geoffrey.

Joseph had this to say yesterday after the info came out that Nigel had seen Geoffrey visiting Patrick. 

Now, I don’t think Nigel seeing Geoffrey targeting Triggs and claiming tracker is particularly scummy - but neither is it particularly townie. I would like to hear his reasoning, and of course, the timing of the tracker claim is vital.

Scum must have known Nigel would be watching Triggs, and likely protected too, so why would they try to target him at all? These are legitimate questions.