Sign in to follow this  
Brick Charlie

The Farmer's Van

Please let me introduce you my latest creation, the farmer's van.

The farmer's van - a LEGO Ideas project

This car and the minifigure tools will be the part of a larger countryside layout. Despite that, I think the van, the chicken coop and the large variety of minifigure utensils make a whole separately.

So I decided to start a LEGO Ideas project. You can check it here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/81cec135-0576-4922-a198-7b06e7384185

If you like the idea, please support it. If you share it, please use #bringbacktheLEGOgoat hashtag.

Provide fresh fruit and vegetables, milk and eggs to the citizens of your LEGO city with this ultimate farmer starter pack! Ensure that everyone can get healthy organic food from you – a trustworthy local producer.

This idea includes:

• The farmer’s car with opening doors and with enough space for two minifigures.
  • A large food supply: carrot, asparagus, apple, cherry, egg and milk in bottle.
  • Two chickens with their house.
  • The farmer and his daughter.
  • Last but not least, a free-range goat, an original LEGO goat. Yes, we really should #bringbacktheLEGOgoat !

Behind the ide:

Do we know what we eat day by day? Eating quality food and knowing its source are getting difficult nowadays. As a conscious consumer, I want to highlight the importance of locally produced organic food and promote it with a nice LEGO set. Furthermore, as a LEGO fan, I wanted to create a set idea that contains a lot of food minifigure utensils and the legendarily hard-to-find LEGO goat. The goat in the pictures was lent by my friend – I don’t have one either! :)

Thank you for your feedback and support. You can check the pictures in large resolution on my flickr gallery: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmBNeXFn

This is really cute! I love the chicken coop and the colours you used for the van: lime green gives it a nice punch!

I'd buy one of these, if you reach 10000 and TLG would take it to production. :laugh:

If it's just all about the goat or any other farm animals it would be far better both for customers and for TLG if they would put these in the Lego Xtra production line. A small bag with a few farm animals at 4 to 5 euro per bag would sell like crazy imo. 

Great set idea, not overly huge, and the Farm theme goes well with City and Creator anyday.

Edited by TeriXeri

Thank you everybody. The project has reached the 100 supporters and the 200 supporters goal is close. Let's see what happens in the future.

Fun fact #1: As I wrote in my first comment, originally I made this LEGO car as part of a larger countryside layout. In fact, this is a LEGO The X-Files layout, where the wheat field is essential for alien and UFO related pop culture references. The layout was seen by David Duchovny and his management, so they invited me to his concert in Budapest, where I was able to give him a LEGO classic alien minifigure and ask him to sign a LEGO part (which will be the part of the layout).

David Duchovny & me20190212_025156

Please, if you haven't done yet, consider to support my LEGO Ideas project and #bringbacktheLEGOgoat! --> https://lego.build/2ukjB3r

I really like the idea, and I do think, too, that such a set would be highly welcomed by Lego City fans. I'd certainly buy it.

However, I'm not quite sure about the vehicle. In my opinion it can't be called a van, as a pickup truck (often used by US farmers for such purposes if I'm correct) it is much too large scalewise (which can be seen in comparison to the figs). At this size it's rather supposed to be a large flatbed truck, however a proper prototype for this doesn't come to my head (which could of course mean that I just don't know the vehicle you had in mind here). Also the colour seems rather unusual to me, perhaps it would look better in a normal green (with red rims maybe). But well, that's rather a question of personal taste.

Anyhow good luck with your project!

That's an amazing MOC, Brick Charlie! :thumbup:

I esp. like the many details and the hen house. Hoping for TLG to release something similar soon!

I do think the lime green is a bit weird for a farm vehicle, but the truck (=lorry) itself is a real gem, and would be quite at home as part of a US farm scene, especially a farm of moderate size.  Another use for this size truck is often seen in use by landscaping companies, holding mowers and rakes and other tools for taking care of yards. Sometimes they'll even be observed hauling a flimsy metal trailer.

Lime green or no, I'd buy two or three of them, and of course I'm supporting it.

Good luck!

Metta,

Ivan