Mechbuilds

[Help] 9stud wide tractor coupler.

Hello! 

I need a tractor coupler that has two functions, the coupler arms go up and down, and there is an shaft in the middle for attachments. 
The problem is that the coupler + motors unit can only be 9 studs wide. 

I will be using 2 medium motors for this function. 

Can somebody help me with a compact and simple unit?

640x480.jpg

I built this system for testing.. It seems to fit barely after attaching the two M motors onto my current moc. 
I have one stud per side free room for a strong connection.. 

I accidentally just stumbled on this moc when trying to google lego tractor hitches. 

Depends on how realistic you want it. For best realism, a 4 bar linkage small Las arranged off vertical with the driven end at the bottom, pushing up on a link which in lifts the arms up and down, but this would only give you 3L for the support frame and pto since the mini LAs are each 3L wide. 

@TeamThrifty's Claas Axion is a nice example but too wide for for your needs.

You could use mini LAs directly between the structure and lift arms, at a 45 degree angle and the driven end at the top - like a tractor front linkage. @I_Igor's Fastrac has this, only 7L wide with motors further back in the chassis. Page 10 of this thread should give you some ideas:

Your best bet for realism might be @kennywest's mf1250 - that is 9L wide and uses a worm gear to dive a linkage, but a mini LA could also do the same job, possibly more compact.