It's been a while since I built and posted a modular building, and this post will be another exception. Still not a modular building, but at least it's a house. I've been busy with life, and a little bit fed up with the same design (or very similar) with my modular buildings, so I had a break and ventured to build other themes. Nevertheless, my luck changed and my building block was overcome when I got this old raised baseplate from Poolside Paradise. I never had Paradisa sets as a child, but I liked the plate anyway and wanted to put it to good use. Since the building space is very limited, this is what I came up with. 

46703658504_d52582645d_c.jpg

My idea was to hide the odd light green baseplate color, but leave the stone pattern of the driveway. This is why I covered the pool area with tiles representing wooden patio, and the surrounding of the raised baseplate with LBG ingots representing stones. In addition to this raised baseplate, I got several other old bricks and pieces over the last few months, and the idea was to incorporate as much as possible of them. I used the old palm tree trunks and a few pink plates around the house. Other than that I wanted a clean design with a chance to see the interior details when exhibited. In light of a tribute to Paradisa theme, I used pink and purple shades as an accent throughout the building. 

46703657174_99b126f74a_c.jpg

The ground floor is a kitchen and dining area with seating for two since it's a very small floor plan. The chrome silver cup is another old part, from the Belville series. 

46703658004_339b42c1f8_c.jpg

The kitchen working space is small, there are a stove and oven, a sink, some cabinets, and a fridge. I added a green plant to live up the room a bit. The best part of this floor is, in my opinion at least, the view of the flowers, palm trees, and the pool.

47373962682_7b6df2e0d9_c.jpg

The parts for the palm tree trunk are not as sturdy as I expected, that's the reason the palm trees are so flexed. Nevertheless, they provide excellent shade for lounging by the pool. 

46703656724_bfcea2c5c7_c.jpg

On the second floor, there's a bedroom with a side table and some bookshelves. Since I love to read, I want to add a touch of that to all my buildings. Color-sorted books is another thing I do at home, too. The bed has a large headboard design, with a print from the Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel. The chair and some books on this floor are from the recently acquired collection of old parts in pink.

47373961202_80e4508957_c.jpg

On the top floor, there's a reading nook with a comfortable chair and more bookshelves. The sliding doors open to the small terrace, where the owner keeps one of her larger plants and used the terrace as her favorite place to do some yoga or pilates early in the morning.

47373960762_6eedcd4d1d_c.jpg

All in all, I'm happy with the finished villa, and the hints to three different LEGO themes designed primarily for girls. While I'm not a huge fan of these themes as such, I'm excited with many of the parts these themes introduced. There are a few more pictures of the villa from different angles on my Flickr account if you wish to see more. 

This is pretty great. You used the baseplate brilliantly. I really like the deck surrounding the pool & all the foliage lining the house. Packed a lot into such a restrictive space. 

Looks great!  I like the use of the pink and purple pieces to offset the white, the row of planter boxes, the over-hanging palm trees and the glass balustrade.

I never knew that sorting books by colour was a thing!

Also, what was the third girls' theme?

Gorgeous build! It looks like a lovely South Cost villa. I especially like the pool deck (I could spend a few lazy afternoons there with some drinks and a good book) and the lite bley ingots as stonework. 

I have the baseplate in the desert colours that came in Adventurers, so I know what it is like to work with :grin: 

Thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

This is pretty great. You used the baseplate brilliantly.

Thanks, it was a little challenging packing the baseplate, but not to over-pack it. 

2 hours ago, Kristel said:

Looks great!  I like the use of the pink and purple pieces to offset the white, the row of planter boxes, the over-hanging palm trees and the glass balustrade.

I never knew that sorting books by colour was a thing!

Also, what was the third girls' theme?

Sorting books by color is a thing for a long time now. I have my books arranged by color since 2011. If you have many books on open shelves, it looks less cluttered to stack by color (at least in my eyes). Whenever I added a bookshelf to my MOCs, I arranged them by color. 

The ''girls' themes'' would be Bellville, Paradisa and Friends.

8 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Gorgeous build! It looks like a lovely South Cost villa. I especially like the pool deck (I could spend a few lazy afternoons there with some drinks and a good book)

Thanks. If you ever make it there, I'd join you by the pool. A good book and some drinks were what I had in mind when doing the deck.