NEW MODELS WILL APPEAR IN THE REPLIES TO THIS THREAD - consolidated in to one thread for when further models are added

Models in this thread:

1. SNOWSPEEDER
  2. REBEL TRANSPORT
  3. OUTRIDER
  4. TIE SHUTTLE 
  5. A-WING (MOD)
  6. SUPER STAR DESTROYER (MOD)
  7. SENTINEL-CLASS IMPERIAL LANDING CRAFT
  8. IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER

SNOWSPEEDER

Hello again everybody

With the emergence of pictures of the 20th Anniversary Snowspeeder Polybag

32413186107_2460e42368.jpg

I realised that I had not published my own (and if I do say so myself superior! :devil:) MINI Snowspeeder model!  This little model has been lurking around for a while continually being tinkered with.  It started off as the unreleased LEGO set 8029:

download.jpg

However, as you will see from the pictures it has almost entirely been rebuilt.  The wings are still attached using the hinge bricks but everything else has been stripped down and rebuilt.   As new pieces have been released I have updated this little model.  Gotta love Snowspeeders!

Anyway I will let the little model speak for itself.

snowspeeder1.jpegsnowspeeder2.jpegsnowspeeder3.jpegsnowspeeder4.jpegsnowspeeder5.jpegsnowspeeder6.jpegsnowspeederdisplay.jpeg

Jon

Edited by obijon

REBEL TRANSPORT

Hello again everyone

Following on from my Snowspeeder post a few weeks back I realised I had neglected to build the Rebel Transport from Empire Strikes Back.  So I decided to rectify that.

There are no really tricky elements to this build.  It does switch from 2 to 3 studs at the bottom using the new 2x3 jumper plates.  This then allows the 5-stud wide main body to get the shape at the front.  It is not as round at the front as it should be but you can’t always do everything in this scale and you have to approximate. 

It also uses the old finger hinge plates to attach the side “panels”.  It would have needed a 1 plate high gap between the clip/hinge and the main body to use clips or the clicky hinges so sometimes old is better!

Hope you like it

Jon

rebeltransport1.jpegrebeltransport2.jpegrebeltransport3.jpegrebeltransport4.jpegrebeltransport5.jpegrebeltransport6.jpegrebeltransportdisplay.jpeg

OUTRIDER

Hello again everybody

A quick little model this time Dash Rendar’s Outrider as seen briefly in Ep. IV taking off from Mos Eisley.  This was put together very quickly while I had a bit of builders block on another model.

I have built this using the same techniques in the magazine gift Millennium Falcon and my version of the Kessel Run Falcon:

They are from the same manufacturer after all so it only seems right to build them the same way!

Anyway, nothing earth shattering build wise in this model but it does the job! I have also built a custom Dash Rendar minifig using only official parts which is a rarity for me.

Hope you like it and more soon.

Jon

outrider1.jpegoutrider2.jpegoutrider3.jpegoutrider4.jpegoutrider5.jpegoutriderdisplay.jpegdashrendar.jpeg

Just consolidating these in to one thread so can keep them together when new ones are added.

Edited by obijon
Consolidating in to one thread

TIE SHUTTLE

Hi again everyone

A quick model this time – The Tie Shuttle from Empire Strikes Back.

The TIE/sh shuttle, also known as the TIE Command Shuttle, was a model of armoured shuttle manufactured by Sienar Fleet Systems for the Galactic Empire. It was designed to transport Imperial officers plus a squad of stormtroopers between Imperial-class Star Destroyers.  Captain Lorth Needa of the Imperial Star Destroyer Avenger made his final space voyage aboard such a ship to the Executor before being executed by Darth Vader.

The wings of the TIE/sh were bent outward to fulfil Imperial officers' requests for a design distinct from the TIE bomber – and It was this bit of information that made me think of building it.  Until a while back I always assumed this ship was a modified Tie Bomber with the same wing configuration (didn’t everyone?) and I already have a Tie Bomber in my collection from the Planets Series.  The old story board drawings for ESB do show the outward wings but it is not clear in the movie itself.

I have made the wings point outwards using click plates and plates with handles.  No real interesting techniques on the model– this was just something I could build with my stash of LEGO – I just had to order the figure – and for completeness’ sake.

Stay safe.

Jon

tieshuttle1.jpegtieshuttle2.jpegtieshuttle3.jpegtieshuttle4.jpegtieshuttle5.jpegtieshuttle6.jpegtieshuttledisplay.jpeg

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Huh. I never knew the wings bent outward, that's pretty cool. Good design, I like the detailing on the cockpit.

Thanks very much.   Ever since my childhood I thought it was just a modified bomber as I said  To any still non-believers: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TIE/sh_shuttle :pir_tong2:

Edited by obijon

There are several good pictures and schematics of this TIE variant in the TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual book. I also assumed this was just a TIE Bomber until I saw it in the book.

Hello again everyone

A quick update today – 2 mods of official LEGO models which I have uploaded for completeness.  Both of these have been built a while but I don’t think I have published them before.  Plenty of NEW models in the pipeline for all eras - LOCKDOWN!

Jon

A-WING

Firstly, a mod of the official A-Wing polybag.  I thought parts of this build were lazy and also with the parts and build used this was actually not far off being a very nice little model.  I needed a few extra parts, not many.  The laziest part for me was the guns.  Why not just add a couple of clip plates so they are actually on the “A”?  I also replaced the antenna pieces used for the guns with those flick missile pieces.  I also changed the part on the engines and added some white slopes to the fuselage.

a-wing1.jpga-wing2.jpga-wing3.jpga-wing4.jpga-wing5.jpega-wingdisplay.jpg

SUPER STAR DESTROYER

This is a mod of the little model which came with the UCS Death Star II.  I increased the length by a couple of studs and replace the plates with tiles.  I am not sure why tiles weren’t used in the UCS model as it looks so much smoother!  I also replaced the binoculars used for the bridge with a clip tile.  I have been meaning to build my own SSD for a while so that is now on my to-do-list.

superstardestroyer1.jpegsuperstardestroyer2.jpegsuperstardestroyer3.jpegsuperstardestroyer4.jpegsuperstardestroyer5.jpegsuperstardestroyerdisplay.jpeg

SENTINEL-CLASS IMPERIAL LANDING CRAFT

Hello again everyone

This time something for the purists as we go back to the original trilogy and Ep. IV: A New Hope with the Sentinel-class Imperial Landing Craft seen briefly when the Sandtroopers are searching for our favourite droids on Tatooine.

I have been tinkering with this model for what seems like months (probably has been with lockdown etc!)   The dimensions etc. seem right from schematics I have seen and the “Guide To Vehicles and Vessels” although there appear to be different versions of this craft.  The version in Rebels seems much stockier……….

The only real trick/technique with this model is the way the dorsal fin is attached.  I didn’t want to use slope bricks as that always looks too thick (even though it is the conventional method) or use the technique of sliding plates in between studs (illegal technique I think?).  I eventually used clip tiles and plates with handles to attach plates to the main body.  One plate with handle isn’t attached to the fin – it is just there for symmetry.

Let me know what you think.

Jon

imperiallandingcraft1.jpegimperiallandingcraft2.jpegimperiallandingcraft3.jpegimperiallandingcraft4.jpegimperiallandingcraft5.jpegimperiallandingcraft6.jpegimperiallandingcraftdisplay.jpeg

IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER

This is a companion model to the Xyston-Class Star Destroyer in the Ep. IX Thread.

This is a MOD/major overhaul of the official LEGO Polybag.  I have added the nose construction below used on the Xyston (it works better on the larger model as the angle is less noticeable).

noseconstruction..jpg

I have also completely redone the citadel section and added more layers of plates to the bottom section.  Really all that remains of the polybag is the framework of the model.  Apart from the nose no other construction tricks on this.

I hope you agree this is an improvement on the polybag!

Jon

ImperialSD1.JPGImperialSD2.JPGImperialSD3.JPGImperialSD4.JPGImperialSD5.JPGImperialSD6.JPGImperialSDDisplay.JPG