I am finally done with my first real MOC that I am happy with and proud to show to all of you LEGO fans out there.
This is my version of the Volvo L120H wheel loader. It is build in scale 1:17.
I have used a M-motor for the sterring and bucket tipping, a L-motor for the bucket-arm lifting and a XL-motor for the drive. All of them are geared down to ensure enough power (except the sterring). I am using two standard IR receivers and the small rechargeable battery pack. I have considered lights but I think the wires will look messy.
I am considering building it in Stud.io to get a brick count and if I do that then instruction might be an option. 
I have made it from these specs (page 18): https://www.volvoce.com/-/media/volvoce/global/products/wheel-loaders/wheel-loaders/brochures/brochure_l110h_l120h_stagev_en_21_20057313_b.pdf?v=QA5EPw

Worker on Studio gallery: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/design.page?idModel=82000 
Worker instructions: http://liex.dk/LEGO_MOCs/Worker_1-17/Worker - scale 1-17.pdf

And now for the pictures, I hope you enjoy.

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-1.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-2.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-3.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-4.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-5.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-6.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-7.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-8.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-9.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-10.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-11.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-12.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-13.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-14.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-15.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-16.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-17.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-18.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-19.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-20.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-21.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-22.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-23.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-24.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-25.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-26.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-27.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-28.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-29.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-30.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-31.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-32.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-33.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-34.jpg 

Volvo_L120H_1-17_pic-36.jpg 

Edited by Kio Liex
Added video in this post.

One of the best loaders I have ever seen with a very nice real linkage, if the movement is as good as the pics show it will be a perfect loader for me. The bucket is a little big but we can imagine that it has a bucket for cereal or something similar.

Very nice model, great work :D
Would love to see a video of it.

Edited by MxWinters

Great videos, thanks for sharing. I would suggest though putting a 24 tooth clutch gear on the steering if possible. I always say clicky gears are unhappy gears. Other than that an awesome model, that would look sweet on the back of my artic lorry :tongue:.

Great idear, but it is not the gears that are clicking, it's the actuators you can hear when they reach the end point. Normally I can drive it without that happening, but filming and driving isn't easy. :wink: 

The worker is perfect!

And the loader is very nice too.

Could you publish your 'man' on rebrickable? 

Love it! If this is your first real MOC boy am I looking forward to seeing what you do when you've a few more under your belt.

The first thing - great model, I'm jealous of your skills

The second thing - it is almost overhelming how high the level of skills and imagination is presented by the MOCs which are showed on this forum. On the YT you can find all the spectrum, from very poor to amazing models, but here, oh men, I haven't even seen an avarage MOC, all of them are very good or great. It is like only the best models are showed here. On the one side it is very good because reading the forum I see only very good models and solutions, and I totally get that. But on the other hand, less experienced/skilled constructors will afraid to share their construction, if it will not be as good as "standard" here.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by keymaker

2 hours ago, Kio Liex said:

Great idear, but it is not the gears that are clicking, it's the actuators you can hear when they reach the end point. Normally I can drive it without that happening, but filming and driving isn't easy. :wink: 

All my loaders have the same issue :sweet: , after watching the movement is better than I thought , I would do it more stronger but it is my style.

10 hours ago, Kio Liex said:

Oh ok fair enough, I didn't spot the mini actuators on the steering at first, I take that back then :thumbup:

I have just realized that the pictures does not work after I moved webservice some month ago. I forgot to upload the pictures to the new server when I moved. I have now uploaded the pictures, but they don't show. I have tried to edit the post but it does not show in the preview also the "insert image from URL" does not seem to work. Can any one help me with this?

@Kio Liex, the reason why your images are not shown, is the missing SSL certificate of your webside. My browser and likely the one of others refuses to load things from an unprotected source.

For more info and how to fix it read here.

Edited by Andman

This is awesome

And I love the brick built technic style minifig.