SirCharles1977

Imperial Star Destroyer Intimidator MOC-77525

21 minutes ago, SirCharles1977 said:

Did you download it by clicking on it and opening it in a browser?  or did you right-click and do "save link as"?   I just tested it and saving the link works fine from what I can tell.

You can do this but as I said in the Description, I don't recommend you use the parts list from Rebrickable.  When I uploaded it the list it created was incomplete, and it messed up a bunch of my colors which I could not fix properly.  Highly recommend you use the xml or bsx that comes with the download.

Yes that is correct.  They are actually listed as [No color/Any color] if you look in the description.  They wouldnt come in as green because those parts dont exist in green in the database.  And so I switched them to no color.   But see my last post about the parts list on rebrickable...

This was one of the hardest parts for me to find also.  Noone seems to have more than 1 or 2 of them at the most.  I dont have any suggestions other than to just wait and keep looking or do as Cavegod suggested.

Done? Thank you!!

10 minutes ago, Rubblemaker said:

Ebay. I just bought 2 complete death stars (top and bottom halves, each taken from 2 set 9676's) on ebay for £10.99, free shipping. I should say though that I plan to use them for onecases Monarch as it looks like that uses the same pieces. So if it turns out I'm wrong once the instructions are available for that build I'll be selling them.

You will need 6 total to do the Monarch and Intimidator builds.  If that's your plan.  And you could use the top half that has the death star weapon on mine if need be as its so tight in there that you really wouldn't ever see that detail.  Depending on how you orient them.  So if you got 2 complete sets you actually have 4 engine already which is awesome!!

10 minutes ago, SirCharles1977 said:

You will need 6 total to do the Monarch and Intimidator builds.  If that's your plan.  And you could use the top half that has the death star weapon on mine if need be as its so tight in there that you really wouldn't ever see that detail.  Depending on how you orient them.  So if you got 2 complete sets you actually have 4 engine already which is awesome!!

Cool! There are single Death stars from that set on eBay still for about £9 odd so should be do-able. I can see 3 halves making up the visible engines but where are the other 3 halves used (and on the Monarch, I presume they're in the same place?) Are they hidden behind the main exterior engine housing and connected in some way?

edit: hang on, scrub this. I just realised you mean 6 if i wanted to do BOTH builds. Phew, wish I had the space and money for both. One giant SD build per decade I think or I'll end up divorced, starving and sleeping on a lego star destroyer ;) I had to weigh up potential costs here and its 11,000 vs 19,000 pieces. Yours is a serious beauty though.

Edited by Rubblemaker

1 hour ago, SirCharles1977 said:

You can do this but as I said in the Description, I don't recommend you use the parts list from Rebrickable.  When I uploaded it the list it created was incomplete, and it messed up a bunch of my colors which I could not fix properly.  Highly recommend you use the xml or bsx that comes with the download.

5 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

Oh, I missed that part. But still, If I'm not mistaken you can open the xml-file in notepad and then manually copy and paste everything in Bricklink. :)

59 minutes ago, danielwerner said:

Oh, I missed that part. But still, If I'm not mistaken you can open the xml-file in notepad and then manually copy and paste everything in Bricklink. :)

Its not a manual process.  There are several ways to get the parts list into Bricklink.  You can use the Upload feature adn copy and paste from Notepad as you suggested.  Or you can open the .bsx file in Brickstock and use the Upload to Bricklink Wanted list feature which does a lot of the same stuff.

Just now, SirCharles1977 said:

Its not a manual process.  There are several ways to get the parts list into Bricklink.  You can use the Upload feature adn copy and paste from Notepad as you suggested.  Or you can open the .bsx file in Brickstock and use the Upload to Bricklink Wanted list feature which does a lot of the same stuff.

Yeah I know, I just meant as an alternative way of getting it into Bricklink since the user said he was experiencing problems. :)

1 hour ago, danielwerner said:

Yeah I know, I just meant as an alternative way of getting it into Bricklink since the user said he was experiencing problems. :)

Ahh yes good call!  Just misunderstood your post!  Carry on!

Hi again, SirCharles

since the Rebrickable brick list is incomplete, if I will not use the xml file, do you have a list of pieces in pdf format for a visual check?

thanks once more

15 minutes ago, Banzayn said:

Hi again, SirCharles

since the Rebrickable brick list is incomplete, if I will not use the xml file, do you have a list of pieces in pdf format for a visual check?

thanks once more

I am curious why you wouldn't use the xml or the bsx?  I do not have the list in any other format.  Sorry.

For the 98115, do both top and bottom parts of the death star work for the engines or does it have to be the top one? 

Epic ISD ;)  What a glorious time for the Empire's fleet! lol

10 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

For the 98115, do both top and bottom parts of the death star work for the engines or does it have to be the top one? 

Epic ISD ;)  What a glorious time for the Empire's fleet! lol

Both work, it's just a matter of personal preference as to whether you want to see the Laser Divot on the top half on your engines.  They can be rotated so that part is not that visible.  

On 3/21/2019 at 3:34 PM, Rubblemaker said:

Ebay. I just bought 2 complete death stars (top and bottom halves, each taken from 2 set 9676's) on ebay for £10.99, free shipping. I should say though that I plan to use them for onecases Monarch as it looks like that uses the same pieces. So if it turns out I'm wrong once the instructions are available for that build I'll be selling them.

A bit late, but just wanted to confirm to you that the Monarch uses the same planet pieces :wink:

1 hour ago, legolijntje said:

A bit late, but just wanted to confirm to you that the Monarch uses the same planet pieces :wink:

Thanks. Am I right in thinking you are creating the build instructions for the Monarch?

On 3/23/2019 at 1:04 PM, Rubblemaker said:

Thanks. Am I right in thinking you are creating the build instructions for the Monarch?

Extremely late reply, but... yes. Yes that's right :wink:

Hey everybody!!  Just wanted to check in and see if anyone is having fun building the Intimidator yet?  I know a lot of people have the instructions but I have only seen progress from one person on Facebook so far and I am SUPER curious how people are doing with it!   I WANNA SEE PICTURES!!!  ;)

Fantastic work @SirCharles1977. Very keen to add this to my future projects but want to check what I have in the way of parts first.

I know the Rebrickable list is not comprehensive but I'll use it as a guide for now. Your Youtube video noted the greens can be sourced in any colour, someone else asked about the blues. There's quite a few other unusual colours which I'm assuming aren't colour critical either???

I'm assuming the only colour critical pieces are the Light Blue-Grey, Light Grey, Dark Blue-Grey and Dark Grey, is that a reasonable assumption.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:18 AM, Brickandkall said:

Fantastic work @SirCharles1977. Very keen to add this to my future projects but want to check what I have in the way of parts first.

I know the Rebrickable list is not comprehensive but I'll use it as a guide for now. Your Youtube video noted the greens can be sourced in any colour, someone else asked about the blues. There's quite a few other unusual colours which I'm assuming aren't colour critical either???

I'm assuming the only colour critical pieces are the Light Blue-Grey, Light Grey, Dark Blue-Grey and Dark Grey, is that a reasonable assumption.

That is not correct actually.  In my parts list green is any color.  All other colors are specific.  Some because of aesthetics, others because that's the only real option or the only real financial option.

On rebrickable the "blue" bricks are not actually blue.  That's just the color Rebrickable uses for the image to indicate they are Any Color.  

12 hours ago, SirCharles1977 said:

That is not correct actually.  In my parts list green is any color.  All other colors are specific.  Some because of aesthetics, others because that's the only real option or the only real financial option.

On rebrickable the "blue" bricks are not actually blue.  That's just the color Rebrickable uses for the image to indicate they are Any Color.  

My apologies @SirCharles1977. I was looking at the parts listed created automatically by Bricklink when I copied the Rebrickable inventory across. The Rebrickable inventory only has 7 colours listed in it, Black, Blue, Dark Bluish Gray, Green, Light Bluish Gray, Red and Trans Clear. But the list of colours is a lot more extensive once the list is transfered into Bricklink, including, pink, red, yellow/tan, browns, light blues and so on. I think this is largely due to Bricklink assigning a colour automatically for the Blues (non descript colour parts). I'll use the Rebrickable list instead of the one I created in Bricklink to figure out what parts I have and what parts I need to get. I haven't set this up in Rebrickable, its a great tool, but I don't know how any one has the patience to do it. I have millions of random pieces I've colour coded and set into sub-categories, but I don't have the time to go through and enter them all into Rebrickable.

Hopefully be in touch soon to purchase my package.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:42 AM, Brickandkall said:

My apologies @SirCharles1977. I was looking at the parts listed created automatically by Bricklink when I copied the Rebrickable inventory across. The Rebrickable inventory only has 7 colours listed in it, Black, Blue, Dark Bluish Gray, Green, Light Bluish Gray, Red and Trans Clear. But the list of colours is a lot more extensive once the list is transfered into Bricklink, including, pink, red, yellow/tan, browns, light blues and so on. I think this is largely due to Bricklink assigning a colour automatically for the Blues (non descript colour parts). I'll use the Rebrickable list instead of the one I created in Bricklink to figure out what parts I have and what parts I need to get. I haven't set this up in Rebrickable, its a great tool, but I don't know how any one has the patience to do it. I have millions of random pieces I've colour coded and set into sub-categories, but I don't have the time to go through and enter them all into Rebrickable.

Hopefully be in touch soon to purchase my package.

Sounds great!!  

In the middle of building the monarch destroyer by onecase then I spot this. Got the ucs versions so this may be my 4th star destroyer when the latest is completed

Finished Onecases Monarch MOC and I'm wondering if I'd be able to pull it apart and have most of the parts to build this 1 @SirCharles1977? Has anyone else tried yet?

Edited by wolfie

8 hours ago, wolfie said:

Finished Onecases Monarch MOC and I'm wondering if I'd be able to pull it apart and have most of the parts to build this 1 @SirCharles1977? Has anyone else tried yet?

You can use the 'compare mocs' function on rebrickable to check.

11 hours ago, Cylo said:

You can use the 'compare mocs' function on rebrickable to check.

Thanks cylo