Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Four

8 minutes ago, Gordon Smith said:

Geoffrey being caught trying to do something to Pattrick last night is the most suspicious thing currently going on. The fact he hasn’t claimed anything yet to my knowledge makes this more confounding.

He claimed tracker. If I remember correctly he wouldn't say who he tracked or what his results were.

14 minutes ago, Gordon Smith said:

Geoffrey being caught trying to do something to Pattrick last night is the most suspicious thing currently going on. The fact he hasn’t claimed anything yet to my knowledge makes this more confounding.

Vote: Geoffrey

Hey, Tariq, how’s it going? :laugh:

WHAT? I AM THE FUCKING TRACKER!

Just now, Louisa Hammond said:

He claimed tracker. If I remember correctly he wouldn't say who he tracked or what his results were.

I tracked Timothy night 1. He didn't target anyone. 

On night 2 I followed Jack and he targeted Nigel. 

I didn't want to give out my Night 2 results publicly because I didn't want the scum to know Jack was a possible PR.

Is no-one paying attention? :ugh:

I'm only now saying those results because Jack now publicly claimed he used an item on Nigel. 

7 minutes ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

Wait are we allowed to curse? That's fucking cool.

18 minutes ago, Gordon Smith said:

Argg! Where was your head at the beginning of the fine day? We had a full discussion about this. 

5 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

He claimed to have tracked Timothy night 1 and Patrick night 3. He has for some reason kept night 2 a secret. 

5 minutes ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

:pir_laugh2:

Someone be a little angry. Here some rum from my own personal stash. 

- like any true pirate I do not share me rum with anybody but myself, so I secretly passed old Geoffrey some whimpy tea -  

Ok apparently Timothy targeted Jack on night 2. Patrick did Geoffrey ever give this information to you or is this brand new to you? 

4 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

Someone be a little angry. Here some rum from my own personal stash. 

- like any true pirate I do not share me rum with anybody but myself, so I secretly passed old Geoffrey some whimpy tea -  

I'm not a fucking Imperial I can taste the difference between weak tea and good ol' fashioned Rum. :imperialguard_commander1:

3 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

No, it’s easier to believe than

-that you assumed it was most important to investigate the claimed role you trusted most,

-that Timothy, who you claim did nothing, is the most likely scum,

-that Timothy, who was called out by Louisa, who you explicitly didn’t trust yesterday, is the most likely scum,

-that you chose to claim after being called out in thread rather than up front.

That’s another scum thing you’re doing, reframing the discussion and misrepresenting what was already stated about you. The townie way would be to at the least admit what is suss, rather than deny it’s there.  Pretty scummy :sceptic:

Hi Tariq!

-I wanted to make sure the Town wasn't walking into a trap.

-I was going off his behavior. It's not unusually for vanilla scum to exist. They've been a feature of many games in the past. Vanilla scum exist to inherit roles, which is what I am postulating happened. Either that or the scum simply chose not to kill. 

-I DIDN'T TRUST HER FOR A REASON. But she is claiming to have blocked Timothy, who I have ALSO never trusted, AND since I know I'm not scum, I can therefor trust that she's not lying now and that she successfully blocked the scum killer. 

-I claimed in private as soon as I got the result that Patrick targeted himself. The callout occurred AFTER that, but of course I responded to that publicly. 

I don't feel as though I'm misrepresenting anything here, and I'm certainly not trying to misdirect.

Tell you what Geoffrey, if you come up town, I’m totally willing to look at Timothy a little deeper.  I’m still leaning against him though, just because he could have started a bandwagon against Barty on day one.

Seen it a million times before. Geoffrey’s defense is almost too aggressive. 

If you were town and getting lynched/losing tracker would implicate Timothy as scum, you should be at least somewhat willing to make that 1:1 trade, or at least not so vehemently against it.

Just going off probabilities and the fact that the simplest explanation is usually the best one, you are an Imperial turncoat. Of course there’s a chance we are wrong, in which case it will be dealt with tomorrow and you still end up on the winning end, if you’re town, which is looking less and less likely. 

5 hours ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

I DIDN'T TRUST HER FOR A REASON. But she is claiming to have blocked Timothy, who I have ALSO never trusted, AND since I know I'm not scum, I can therefor trust that she's not lying now and that she successfully blocked the scum killer. 

But the events aren't mutually exclusive. Louisa blocking me doesn't make her less scummy. 

5 hours ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

-I wanted to make sure the Town wasn't walking into a trap. 

I doubt a scum would be able to fake a Jailkeeper claim. And how would tracking him have proved he was scum even if you did find him suspicious. 

The plan was to set a trap and see who stepped into it. For high tide or low the foot in that trap be Geoffrey's, so I say the foot on the plank be his as well.  Wrong place, wrong night sir.

Patrick Locked himself up last night, Nigel stood watch, Geoffrey shows up, no night kill. What makes more sense for a lynch at the moment? 

2 hours ago, Timothy Dixon said:

Louisa blocking me doesn't make her less scummy. 

Why am I scummy? Unless you think a scum would bus their own teammate, there's nothing to defend this. Patrick decided on Barty vs Timothy for yesterdays lynch in PM, and I followed his lead.

21 hours ago, Thomas Chapman said:

As others have said, I do believe some of these night claim roles could be false. If not, there's a very powerful PR roles. If Gordon be truly the inventor, I wish to see it confirmed by Alden, who said he receieved the device.

It was Gordon who claimed inventor to me.

12 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

they could have known Timothy was vanilla

Everyone who is not dead (and probably all of the dead) seem to have a PR of some sort.  Do you really believe that Timothy is vanilla?

9 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

We haven't had any counter claims meaning scum were very lucky in the roles they falsely claimed, or much more likely they do indeed have those roles except they are obviously not town aligned. 

I think the latter - there are enough roles going around that could be either affiliation.

9 hours ago, Gordon Smith said:

You really need to start paying more attention.

8 hours ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

Wait are we allowed to curse? That's fucking cool.

Not cool actually.  I have a rugrat who likes to follow the game over my shoulder.

Vote: Geoffrey Holton

I wish that was a valid reason for a vote because I had you pegged as town from the start, and I struggled to reconcile today's findings and revelations with my gut feel. 

But, with no-one protected (other than Patrick) last night (as far as I can tell) and the assumption that scum would kill if they could, the logical conclusion is that the lack of a kill means either Geoffrey or Timothy is scum.  There was no kill the night before that when both Barty and Timothy were blocked, which has me leaning towards Geoffrey more likely to be scum than Timothy.  Patrick and Nigel claimed they set a trap and it appears to have work.

A couple more thoughts on this:

• I can understand the need to want to confirm someone even if you think they are town.  I contemplated using the one-shot investigation on Patrick on night 2 to confirm him, but then realised I was probably wasting the tool and used it instead on someone that I was unsure about.  Tracking Patrick, though, would only show if he targeted someone, which doesn't necessarily confirm affiliation.
  • I also considered why scum would target someone who is likely to being watched or subject to protection of sorts.  But they probably figured he wouldn't be able to self-protect and it would be worth it the risk to take him out.  

11 hours ago, Thomas Chapman said:

He's flailing about right now.

Flailing? I'm just annoyed that you're all voting to Lynch the tracker rather than someone who hasn't even claimed a role, and who was blocked the night there was no kill. 

When I show up as a Townie tomorrow I implore you to look into Timothy. If he's not scum then there must be some Cult shit going on like in Heartland city because I am NOT the scum killer. 

5 hours ago, Nigel Clayton said:

The plan was to set a trap and see who stepped into it. For high tide or low the foot in that trap be Geoffrey's, so I say the foot on the plank be his as well.  Wrong place, wrong night sir.

Certainly seems I made a mistake in trying to confirm Patrick. Remind me next time to blindly trust whomever an angry man in tribal warpaint tells me to trust.

2 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

Not cool actually.  I have a rugrat who likes to follow the game over my shoulder.

Vote: Geoffrey Holton

I wish that was a valid reason for a vote because I had you pegged as town from the start, and I struggled to reconcile today's findings and revelations with my gut feel. 

But, with no-one protected (other than Patrick) last night (as far as I can tell) and the assumption that scum would kill if they could, the logical conclusion is that the lack of a kill means either Geoffrey or Timothy is scum.  There was no kill the night before that when both Barty and Timothy were blocked, which has me leaning towards Geoffrey more likely to be scum than Timothy.  Patrick and Nigel claimed they set a trap and it appears to have work.

A couple more thoughts on this:

• I can understand the need to want to confirm someone even if you think they are town.  I contemplated using the one-shot investigation on Patrick on night 2 to confirm him, but then realised I was probably wasting the tool and used it instead on someone that I was unsure about.  Tracking Patrick, though, would only show if he targeted someone, which doesn't necessarily confirm affiliation.
  • I also considered why scum would target someone who is likely to being watched or subject to protection of sorts.  But they probably figured he wouldn't be able to self-protect and it would be worth it the risk to take him out.  

Oh sh-I mean... kaka. Sorry about the F-bombs. I genuinely thought they'd filter to megablucks at first.

I appreciate your even-handed approach to this. I realize now that confirming Patrick was probably a bit excessively cautious of me, but I was worried nonetheless that he could be lying... especially with 2 blocking roles claimed. I had hoped to ask him privately who he targeted to see if he was honest with me before I told him my results, but it seems that nothing really went the way I expected it to and here I am, the Town Tracker, mere hours away from being Lynched. I suppose it's not all bad. Once everyone sees my affiliation you'll know that either Timothy is scum or there's something VERY out of the ordinary going on. I'm just sorry I wasn't the most helpful Tracker and got myself lynched rather than an actual Imperial.

5 minutes ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

Certainly seems I made a mistake in trying to confirm Patrick. Remind me next time to blindly trust whomever an angry man in tribal warpaint tells me to trust.

Yeah, you did make a mistake.  Townies tend to investigate the people they’re suspicious of, not the ones they’re confident of.  If you’re the town tracker, you completely did things wrong.  

As for the angry man, the only flailing, cursing pirate we’ve seen is you.  Everyone else has been pretty chill.  You bring up heartland city, fingers crossed you aren’t the same roid-rager people suffered in that game :iamded_lol: 

6 hours ago, Timothy Dixon said:

But the events aren't mutually exclusive. Louisa blocking me doesn't make her less scummy. 

It doesn't make her more scummy either, so I don't know what you're trying to achieve here.

2 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

I also considered why scum would target someone who is likely to being watched or subject to protection of sorts.  But they probably figured he wouldn't be able to self-protect and it would be worth it the risk to take him out. 

Yup. I knew I could target myself but the trap hinged on the scum not knowing that.

10 minutes ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

Flailing? I'm just annoyed that you're all voting to Lynch the tracker rather than someone who hasn't even claimed a role, and who was blocked the night there was no kill. 

When I show up as a Townie tomorrow I implore you to look into Timothy. If he's not scum then there must be some Cult shit going on like in Heartland city because I am NOT the scum killer. 

Timothy does have a claim and a couple of people (including me) are in on it. Plenty of information hasn't been said publicly in the interest of keeping scum in the dark. Part of the point is to get a definitive answer on you since all the evidence points your way. And yeah, you did make a mistake trying to confirm me; you could have waited for your buddy Barty to flip.

10 minutes ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

Flailing? I'm just annoyed that you're all voting to Lynch the tracker rather than someone who hasn't even claimed a role, and who was blocked the night there was no kill. 

The choice of you over Timothy makes way more sense. On night two I blocked Tim, and Pat jailed Bart. There was no night kill. We lynched Bart, he flipped scum. Last night I blocked Tim again and Pat jailed himself.

So either Tim is scum and I stopped him from performing a night kill, or you were unsuccessful in trying to kill Bart who jailed himself, all while Nigel was watching.

Not to mention something entirely different could be at play.

50 minutes ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

Argg! Don't worry, if you flip town I will instantly be going after our good Timmy's booty. I am a bit shocked not as many people brought him up today, I thought there was an equal chance of scum for both of you. I guess Timothy has voted for scum when they were on a bandwagon and that makes him look townie then you I suppose. 

So something that I think has been brought up a little is that a recruitment could have caused the lack of a kill. But something here old Malcolm has been wondering about is would a recruitment even be possible? I mean according to Patrick everybody has claimed a role. In the books of old that my eyes have seen a recruitment only worked for a vanilla townie. In this game there seems to be no vanilla townie though. Has it even been possible for scum to recruit someone with a town role? I have never heard of such a thing, and thus I can't see a recruitment being possible due to these reasons. That means that unless the scum just did not kill then the scum killer must be Timothy or Geoffrey. Just thought I would lay this food for your brains to chomp. 

Also Patrick, Geoffrey has now claimed a night 2 action. He kept this a secret for awhile, but claimed he would contact you about it. Did he indeed do this? 

4 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

Also Patrick, Geoffrey has now claimed a night 2 action. He kept this a secret for awhile, but claimed he would contact you about it. Did he indeed do this?

Yes, when he claimed to me and I asked him for more information about his actions.

14 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

Argg! Don't worry, if you flip town I will instantly be going after our good Timmy's booty.

Oi! I stole that booty fair and square! 

14 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

So something that I think has been brought up a little is that a recruitment could have caused the lack of a kill. But something here old Malcolm has been wondering about is would a recruitment even be possible? I mean according to Patrick everybody has claimed a role. In the books of old that my eyes have seen a recruitment only worked for a vanilla townie. In this game there seems to be no vanilla townie though. Has it even been possible for scum to recruit someone with a town role? I have never heard of such a thing, and thus I can't see a recruitment being possible due to these reasons. That means that unless the scum just did not kill then the scum killer must be Timothy or Geoffrey. Just thought I would lay this food for your brains to chomp.

The last time recruiting took place I believe the scum could only recruit vanilla townies and they couldn’t kill AND recruit on the same night. They could only do one or the other. I think it’s possible that a vanilla has been recruited and inherited an action of some sort (which would certainly explain the abundance in PR roles). Be said once and I’ll say it again: I’m not the scum killer nor am I scum. If Geoffrey really is telling the truth then I would guess the scum do have a recruit action. 

25 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

Argg! Don't worry, if you flip town I will instantly be going after our good Timmy's booty. I am a bit shocked not as many people brought him up today, I thought there was an equal chance of scum for both of you. I guess Timothy has voted for scum when they were on a bandwagon and that makes him look townie then you I suppose. 

Argh. Yeah see that's what I'm thinking too. In Heartlake City there was a cult which could convert players to its cause. I'm not sure how that would work in a game with so many power roles, but I think it's foolish to discount the possibility that Last night or even the last 2 nights could have been conversions to a cult. If Timothy shows up Town after I flip Town I would be very concerned about this being a possibillity. 

That said I think the far simpler explanation is that Timothy is the new scum killer and whatever role he's claimed is bogus. Timothy  and Bart have been on my suspects list from the get-go... and one of them has already flipped scum. 

Huh. It really is the end for me I guess. I might as well help the Town as much as I can on my way out by sharing my suspicions.

Obviously I'm convinced Timothy is scum. When I flip Town, don't listen to a word he says. Lynch him right away. He and Bart have always been on my watch list and it's important to remember that scum buss one another to make it seem like they're not in cahoots. Especially on early days. It should be telling that Bart avoided the Lynch until he was caught blocked on a night with no kill. The scum usually hide on different sides of a bandwagon...

If Timothy IS town, which I don't believe, that means Louisa is DEFINITELY scum and you should Lynch her. 

On top of these two obvious ones, I'm also suspicious of Gordon, because inventors are not inherently Town-Allied and an inventor having some seemingly town-oriented items might not clear him if there's a second scum team or a cult or other weirdness. Perhaps the item works differently depending on whether its given to Town or Scum? Jack is also someone I'm not sure about. I thought he was a power role because I tracked him performing an action, but maybe he and Gordon could be in cahoots? Or maybe he was the scum recipient of an item? Henry in spite of his targetting me unfairly does seem Townie to me, on the other hand. His brash gregarious and vehement nature all feel very townie to me. Nigel though worries me. Since I'm the Town Tracker, I'm very suspicious of another informative role similar to my own. Perhaps it's not impossible or even unlikely for both the Tracker and Watcher to be Town, but please... when I'm revealed as Town, WATCH HIM. 

Anyways, this has been interesting, and I wish you all the best of luck. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I face the seas bravely, true to my name, and leave you with this cheer! 

For though now it's my time to rest 

I wish you all naught but the best

Fun it has been, I hope that we win

Exterminate those Impish pests. 

Vote Count:
Geoffrey Holton - 10 (Joseph, Timothy, Henry, Malcolm, Patrick, Louisa, Gordon, Thomas, Nigel, Jack) 
Timothy Dixon - 1 (Geoffrey) 

WIth 11 players, six is required to lynch. 

19 hours ago, Gordon Smith said:

21 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

Hi Tariq!

redbeard.jpg
"Arrr, you have seen nothing, ye salty dogs."

A little under 21 hours remains in the day.

9 hours ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

Anyways, this has been interesting, and I wish you all the best of luck. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I face the seas bravely, true to my name, and leave you with this cheer! 

For though now it's my time to rest 

I wish you all naught but the best

Fun it has been, I hope that we win

Exterminate those Impish pests. 

Argg! 

And so out goes the tracker, or so that he claimed

A brave mate he was, and he set sail with his name

But an imperial he could be, as cried by town folk

come tommorow we shall see, which side is that of a joke

Sleep well everyone. Tommorow shall be very interesting.