Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Four

24 minutes ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

Truth be told I'm also deeply distrustful of Nigel and his claim. Watcher is typically a scum role. And it came out of nowhere...

Indeed it came out of nowhere, but if Watcher is usually scum then what does that make Tracker?

15 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

I have quite a few first mate duties to attend to at the moment and haven’t caught up yet, but wanted to share the investigator’s results with all this chatter going on.

N1 - Jack ( me)

N2 - Henry

N3 - Joseph 

All came back loyal pirate according to the investigator.

I also investigated Nigel on Night 2 - with a loyal pirate result.

I am not the investigator, but was given a one shot magnifying glass by someone claiming to be an inventor.  This gift and the result came via our captain,  it directly from the claimed inventor.

Not directly from claimed inventor.

I have secondhand information that can at least partly corroborate the existence of an inventor handing out one-shot power roles.

More importantly, since it seems I’m cleared now, you can clear Malcolm Langley as well - we are Masons.

I’m still of the opinion there was a scum voting for Pinkerton Day 1. It’s too easy a lynch opportunity to completely pass up - with Remy dead, Malcolm a Mason, and Nigel cleared by Jack, that implicates the last man standing - Gordon.

Something to think about. 

15 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Indeed it came out of nowhere, but if Watcher is usually scum then what does that make Tracker?

It’s not usually a scum role at all.  I’ve never heard of it being a scum role, to be honest, though it’s possible.

15 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

I have secondhand information that can at least partly corroborate the existence of an inventor handing out one-shot power roles.

More importantly, since it seems I’m cleared now, you can clear Malcolm Langley as well - we are Masons.

I’m still of the opinion there was a scum voting for Pinkerton Day 1. It’s too easy a lynch opportunity to completely pass up - with Remy dead, Malcolm a Mason, and Nigel cleared by Jack, that implicates the last man standing - Gordon.

Argg! I can confirm we be Mason's. Interesting thing you have noted about Gordon. Where is that little bird? You know he sure been quite lately. He was really quiet yesterday when all the talk about lynching Barty was going about. Definitely something to note. I don't want they bird to fly away! 

7 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

It’s not usually a scum role at all.  I’ve never heard of it being a scum role, to be honest, though it’s possible.

Yeah I have to agree. Watcher is not a normal scum role, thus I think Nigel truly be townie. Doesn't mean I trust a lot of the townie PR's though. Look at how many have been confirmed! There is bound to be a lier in their somewhere. 

6 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

We've had no doctor claim as of yet so that's not something entirely worth considering as explanation for why there was no kill.

@Nigel Clayton see anybody last night?

There’s the possibility that the jailer is in place instead of a doctor, as they fill similar roles. However, we won’t get far theorizing who is and isn’t still in play.

Interesting that Geoffrey was seen lurking around Patrick’s cell. I’d like to hear him claim his role, and soon.

21 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

3 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

Argg! I can confirm we be Mason's. Interesting thing you have noted about Gordon. Where is that little bird? You know he sure been quite lately. He was really quiet yesterday when all the talk about lynching Barty was going about. Definitely something to note. I don't want they bird to fly away! 

Oi! I make the bird puns around here, Malcolm! Quit your squawking!

I can’t comment on how you feel about the possibility behind me being the odd man out on a hunch you have, but I was by no means quiet yesterday. I pushed Louisa on her claim, and was in private discussions with a number of people, namely Pattrick and Jack. I also know who the inventor is, and can further confirm that what Jack is saying is true: he did get a one-shot ability and used it to investigate Nigel. I also know that Nigel was given a one-shot ability, and used it to protect someone after Nigel was cleared. Who Nigel protected, I’m not sure. I know this because I am the inventor.

So, why are you pushing for my lynch, Joseph? There was no scum on the Pinkerton wagon day one.

5 minutes ago, Gordon Smith said:

There’s the possibility that the jailer is in place instead of a doctor, as they fill similar roles. However, we won’t get far theorizing who is and isn’t still in play.

Interesting that Geoffrey was seen lurking around Patrick’s cell. I’d like to hear him claim his role, and soon.

I can’t comment on how you feel about the possibility behind me being the odd man out on a hunch you have, but I was by no means quiet yesterday. I pushed Louisa on her claim, and was in private discussions with a number of people, namely Pattrick and Jack. I also know who the inventor is, and can further confirm that what Jack is saying is true: he did get a one-shot ability and used it to investigate Nigel. I also know that Nigel was given a one-shot ability, and used it to protect someone after Nigel was cleared. Who Nigel protected, I’m not sure. I know this because I am the inventor.

So, why are you pushing for my lynch, Joseph? There was no scum on the Pinkerton wagon day one.

Perhaps, then, I was mistaken on my analysis of the Pinkerton wagon. Obviously I had no knowledge of the fact you had claimed Inventor. As far as I know, you tell the truth about Nigel and his protection - that’s what I was alluding to with my partial knowledge of the inventor, since I’ve been in contact with Nigel and Triggs since Malcolm and I first claimed Masons some time ago. 

Nigel didn’t use the protection since he watched Triggs, right? Unless the tools can be used concurrently with a PR, I can’t say I am familiar with the exact mechanics of an Inventor.

4 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

Perhaps, then, I was mistaken on my analysis of the Pinkerton wagon. Obviously I had no knowledge of the fact you had claimed Inventor. As far as I know, you tell the truth about Nigel and his protection - that’s what I was alluding to with my partial knowledge of the inventor, since I’ve been in contact with Nigel and Triggs since Malcolm and I first claimed Masons some time ago. 

Nigel didn’t use the protection since he watched Triggs, right? Unless the tools can be used concurrently with a PR, I can’t say I am familiar with the exact mechanics of an Inventor.

I actually do not know how this situation would work, if I’m being honest. Nigel was alignment confirmed to me in private but not role claimed. I handed him a protection do-hickey thinking he could put it to good use. I cannot pass out the same device two nights in a row. I didn’t hand anything out night one: I didn’t have a good read on anyone at the time.

Nigel? Did you protect someone last night? If so, who?

26 minutes ago, Thomas Chapman said:

Sorry I be late, working the cannons take some time. I'm not trusting Gordon, especially after what Finch be saying.

Argg! What your thoughs be on this whole Geoffrey visiting Patrick, whilst Timothy's being blocked and thus no night kill ordeal? 

17 minutes ago, Gordon Smith said:

I take back what I said about.you then. Man we sure do have a ton of PR's on this vessel. I'm pretty sure some of em ought to be liars! 

30 minutes ago, Gordon Smith said:

I actually do not know how this situation would work, if I’m being honest. Nigel was alignment confirmed to me in private but not role claimed. I handed him a protection do-hickey thinking he could put it to good use. I cannot pass out the same device two nights in a row. I didn’t hand anything out night one: I didn’t have a good read on anyone at the time.

Argg! I be giving you another smelly question.  Do you know weather or not the inventor can give a scum an ability? Would it work for them or no? 

1 hour ago, Gordon Smith said:

Geoffrey claimed tracker and said he was trying to verify Triggs was town. He said he tracked Timothy night 1, saw nothing. He wouldn’t reveal his night 2 results in public for fear of ousting another PR. He saw Triggs target himself last night. 

All allegedly, of course.

2 hours ago, Malcolm Langley said:

Argg! Fair enough. I just hope more people look at both the men who were stopped last night and not just the one. 

Here is an updated vote count with correct teams given. 

Day 1

Vote Count:

Barty Brewster - 3 (Thomas, Henry, Timothy)

Timothy Dixon - 1 (Geoffrey)

Gordon Smith - 1 (Joseph)

Henry Ogden - 1 (Barty)

Alexander Pinkerton - 4 (Nigel, Gordon, Malcolm, Remy

Remy Fontaine - 4 (Patrick, Jack, Louisa, Jane)

Day 2

Vote Count:

Remy Fontaine - 8 (Thomas, Joseph, Jack, Timothy, Henry, Louisa, Barty, Malcolm)

Henry Ogden - 1 (Nigel)

Nigel Clayton - 1 (Patrick)

Louisa Hammond - 2 (Gordon, Geoffrey

Day 3 

Vote Count:

Barty Brewster - 11 (Patrick, Louisa, Timothy, Nigel, Henry, Joseph, Geoffrey, Malcolm, Jack, Thomas, Gordon)

Timothy Dixon - 1 (Barty)

I think the day one vote on Barty is a point in Timothy’s favor. Voting for a scummate on day one is not unusual, but voting for a scummate third on as the town looks for someone to pile on?  That’s less likely.  I’d rather see Timothy investigated than to be tested through lynch.

2 hours ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

I'm still of the opinion that Timothy could well have inherited the kill. I know I'm not scum. And I know there wasn't a scum kill last night. It just makes the most sense to me that Timothy would logically be scum. He didn't do anything night 1 which doesn't mean he's not a member of the Imperials... just that he didn't have a role then. 

Truth be told I'm also deeply distrustful of Nigel and his claim. Watcher is typically a scum role. And it came out of nowhere...

That’s an exciting theory, with zero base in reality.  Anyone could potentially inherit a kill (if they’re scum).  This post is flailing, not so much townie. But I appreciate you not just rolling over and playing dead :wink:

51 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

Hey, it’s not my fault the conversation around here is dead.  

Argg! I think there be a good bunch of us that like to sleep during the day. I suppose some us may still be sleeping at this moment. I do want to hear more thoughts from @Thomas Chapman today as he is very quiet right now, and has given no thoughts about the night actions that have been revealed. 

9 hours ago, Gordon Smith said:

I am still holding the vest.  I watched Patrick.  That was how I knew that it be Geoffrey what targeted him.

10 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

I have quite a few first mate duties to attend to at the moment and haven’t caught up yet, but wanted to share the investigator’s results with all this chatter going on.

N1 - Jack ( me)

N2 - Henry

N3 - Joseph 

All came back loyal pirate according to the investigator.

I also investigated Nigel on Night 2 - with a loyal pirate result.

I am not the investigator, but was given a one shot magnifying glass by someone claiming to be an inventor.  This gift and the result came via our captain,  it directly from the claimed inventor.

Not directly from claimed inventor.

Wow.

So your saying we have an investigator and a inventor correct?

With all these claimed town PRs, what the heck kind of PRs do the scum have???

10 hours ago, Gordon Smith said:

I also know who the inventor is, and can further confirm that what Jack is saying is true: he did get a one-shot ability and used it to investigate Nigel. I also know that Nigel was given a one-shot ability, and used it to protect someone after Nigel was cleared. Who Nigel protected, I’m not sure.

Does the cap'n tell you this information once a gift has been used? That seems... powerful

7 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

So your saying we have an investigator and a inventor correct?

Plus the other public claims of blocker, jailkeeper, watcher, tracker, and masons. Privately, everybody has a claim. Too many informational roles for it to be true. We need to be thinking about a godfather, and we need to think about whose claims might not actually be true.

Just now, Patrick Triggs said:

Plus the other public claims of blocker, jailkeeper, watcher, tracker, and masons. Privately, everybody has a claim. Too many informational roles for it to be true. We need to be thinking about a godfather, and we need to think about whose claims might not actually be true.

Voting will be open soon. A lynch is our best solution for making sense of all this, and I am very much looking forward to being able to clear my head. :ugh:

57 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

Argg! I think there be a good bunch of us that like to sleep during the day. I suppose some us may still be sleeping at this moment. I do want to hear more thoughts from @Thomas Chapman today as he is very quiet right now, and has given no thoughts about the night actions that have been revealed. 

As others have said, I do believe some of these night claim roles could be false. If not, there's a very powerful PR roles. If Gordon be truly the inventor, I wish to see it confirmed by Alden, who said he receieved the device.

So I believe this is what we have so far.

Jack Alden, claimed Town

Timothy Dixon, unknown

Myself, claimed Town Blocker

Patrick Triggs, claimed Town Jailkeeper

Joseph Finch, claimed Town Mason

Thomas Chapman, unknown

Malcolm Langley, claimed Town Mason

Geoffrey Holton, claimed Town Tracker

Gordon Smith, claimed Town Inventor

Henry Ogden, claimed Town

Nigel Clayton, claimed Town Watcher

I think it’s safe to remove the label “claimed” from Patrick.  He’s a jailkeeper, he led a lynch on scum.  He’s 100% in my books.

36 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

I think it’s safe to remove the label “claimed” from Patrick.  He’s a jailkeeper, he led a lynch on scum.  He’s 100% in my books.

I agree, but no one is ever 100% confirmed. Needless to say though that he's the only one here I fully trust.

14 hours ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

I'm still of the opinion that Timothy could well have inherited the kill. I know I'm not scum. And I know there wasn't a scum kill last night. It just makes the most sense to me that Timothy would logically be scum. He didn't do anything night 1 which doesn't mean he's not a member of the Imperials... just that he didn't have a role then. 

Well I’m not scum. And I don’t really understand how inheriting a kill results in there being no kill last night. Surely if a scum was player was to inherit a kill they would use it immediately. 

3 minutes ago, Timothy Dixon said:

Well I’m not scum. And I don’t really understand how inheriting a kill results in there being no kill last night. Surely if a scum was player was to inherit a kill they would use it immediately. 

Argg! You inheriting the kill would not have stooped a kill last night on its own, but you were blocked last night. I think what Geoffrey is trying to say is you could have easily been scum, not had a role days 1-3, then when Barty is killed off you inherit that kill. Only thing is your kill is blocked and thus no new kill.