Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Four

Please Only Post in Here With Your Given Anonymous Accounts!
Only Players Post In Here Please!!!

pirates_banner.png

---

img_1859.jpg

"Arrr." Captain Redbeard said. "Once again we all wake up safe. And this time..."

He fetched something from below deck very quickly.

img_1860.jpg

"...I found this in Barty's cabin! How my good friend Bartholomew had sunk so low to be an Imperial Soldier is beyond me, but it breaks my heart."

He pushed the bluecoat uniform into the water.

"Find another one today, or I'll be sending the lot of you to the bottom of the sea!"

img_1863.jpg

"I mean it."

---

Alive Players:
alden.jpg
Jack “One Eye” Alden
dixon.jpg
Timothy “The Butcher” Dixon
hammond.jpg
Louisa “The Fierce” Hammond
triggs.jpg
Patrick “Paddy” Triggs
finch.jpg
Joseph “The Ruthless” Finch
chapman.jpg
Thomas “Lucky” Chapman
langley.jpg
Malcolm “Swab’s The Deck” Langley 
holton.jpg
Geoffrey “The Brave” Holton
smith.jpg
Gordon “Crow’s Nest” Smith
ogden.jpg
Henry “The Kraken” Ogden
clayton.jpg
Nigel “The Immortal” Clayton

In Davy Jones' Locker:
pinkerton.jpg
Alexander “The Anchor” Pinkerton - Loyal Pirate (mod-killed, Night One)
thornton.jpg
Jane “One-Eared” Thornton - Loyal Pirate (run through, Night One) 
fontaine.jpg
Remy “The French” Fontaine - Loyal Pirate (walked the plank, Day Two)
brewster.jpg
Bartholomew “Barty” Brewster - Imperial Soldier (sunk to the depths, Day Three)

---

Rules (Please Read!):

1)    Every player has received their own character account. Make sure you do not post in thread with your normal Eurobricks account. This game is completely anonymous. You are not to disclose your participation in this game anywhere on the forums. In thread, you must not say who you actually are.

2)    In addition, it is a bit of an honor rule that you do not share who you are to any other player, even if they are on your team, in private. There is no way to successfully enforce this rule, and I don’t encourage people running and snitching if someone has done it.

3)    You are either a Loyal Pirate or an Imperial Soldier. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. Any third party characters have their own win conditions.

4)    A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote after the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours. Do not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

5)    The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.

6)    You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. 

7)    If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. There will not be a deadboard and even when you die, you are not to reveal your identity or reveal your participation. You will find out who played who at the end of the game

8)    Don’t edit your posts, please.

9)    Please post in every day thread. If something comes up, please come to me privately and let me know. 

10)    Try to be nice to your fellow players.

Once again, players only and please use your given alternate account! Please PM me with any questions! 

Image result for data yes gif

I blocked Timothy again last night. Sooooo...

And Patrick jailed himself...

We've had no doctor claim as of yet so that's not something entirely worth considering as explanation for why there was no kill.

@Nigel Clayton see anybody last night?

Argg! That be a mighty fine outcome! Rum for all and all for rum! No scum kill either. Maybe Louisa had someone to do with it. 

Maybe Louisa's block had something to do with it I should day. Sorry for me french. Though if Patrick jailed himself, he could have actually protected himself from being killed in the night. Many different possibilitys here. 

7 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

Though if Patrick jailed himself, he could have actually protected himself from being killed in the night.

Why didn't I think of that? :pir-laugh: Makes more sense than us catching two scum. It's not off the table, just unlikely IMO.

2 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

@Nigel Clayton see anybody last night?

Indeed I did.  I sat myself down in the dark corner just a wee bit past Triggs quarters.  He told ye true.  Afore the call of 13 hours Triggs put at least three locks on his door and pocketed the keys.  He was well and jailed within his own quarters.  Then a wee bit later I sees a blue hat come skulking past me.  I ducked down low and turned me good eye to the hall.  The blue hat spent nearly a quarter turn of the clock tryin to get into Patrick's cell.  But he couldn't get past the second lock.  He let up a fine curse he did and turned to flee.  Not before I watched a good look at his bearded face.  It was none other than Geoffrey "The Brave" Holton.  The Cowardly imperial scum.  I think it be time to send him down to meet old Barty.

Excellent we caught a scum. Good work Town. Now this information that’s come to light is interesting. Mr Holton. It would be nice to hear from you and your thoughts on the matter.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Now that is interesting! I knew it was a plan, Nigel.

I'm curious, though, because Geoffrey came to me this morning and said he tracked me last night.

Argg! If Geoffrey be not a scummo, then that means no one else visited Mr. Triggs last night. This the scum kill was not blocked by Mr. Triggs, that means it must have been from Louisa's block. She blocked Timothy. I guess that there is the possibility the scum just didn't kill (what use would that be of) or a scary thought, recruited another lost sailor last night. 

Wow, those are fantastic results :sweet: Even better than I could have hoped for.  It looks like Barty was being protected from a lynch day one, meaning if any of our fine vote analysts want to go over it, we’ll be able to see a little more. 

Nigel, that watcher is pretty useful, eh? :wink:

Patrick, what was Geoffrey’s reasoning?  I was pretty clear on the fact that you’re town.  Why would you be the choice to track?  If it were me, I’d have tracked Timothy to verify if they were out at night being nefarious.  Now, this is the crux, did Geoffrey contact you before or after the watcher’s info was public? And if they tracked you, why did that result prove you to be town in their eyes? And why did they even need to test that when Barty’s result could prove you town?

There are a lot of ominous questions dangling above Geoffrey’s head, and they better show up here soon with a believable story, or this day is going to be decided for in the wee hours.

Phew. I’ve been tossing and turning all night, afraid we’d sent an innocent man to the waters.

Now, I don’t think Nigel seeing Geoffrey targeting Triggs and claiming tracker is particularly scummy - but neither is it particularly townie. I would like to hear his reasoning, and of course, the timing of the tracker claim is vital.

Scum must have known Nigel would be watching Triggs, and likely protected too, so why would they try to target him at all? These are legitimate questions.

Well I didn't want to Track Timothy a second time. He did nothing night one. I'm still of the opinion he could be a mafia goon though so just because he didn't do anything then doesn't mean he has no role or significance. Since Bart was scum, Timothy could have inherited his kill, explaining the lack of a night kill tonight. 

I tracked Patrick last night because I wanted to be sure I could trust him and he wasn't lying. For a liar to be that deeply embedded in the Town Block would be disastrous for us. Fortunately his claim matches up with my result, so at least he's not lying about the fact that he targeted himself. This is also a nice turn of events because it lets us verify at least that Nigel isn't lying about being a watcher (or at least in talks with one) 

as for my night 2 results I'm not airing those publicly yet, but I really don't know if they'll be useful or not. I told them to Patrick though so I'll let him sort that out. 

So you be wanting us to believe that you tracked him to be proven that the two of us are loyal Pirates?

Not that you tried to kill him.

I think the latter be a far simpler answer.

Your story is holier than a block of Swiss cheese :moar: 

So, the two other claims yesterday, you trusted them as a town block, but the jail keeper claim was unsure to you.  Hmm :sceptic:

You tracked Timothy day one, coincidentally, with no results. Hmm.  And your night two results you want to keep secret... so nobody can counterclaim your lie publicly.  Convenient :sceptic:

This day has really brought twists and turns. I'm deeply distrustful of there being both a Blocker and a Jailkeeper on the same side. Normally I'd assume one of those roles is Scum, specifically the blocker... but this feels way too early for such an outrageous gambit!

I agree with the concensus that one of the parties blocked should be lynched... and frankly I do trust Patrick over Louisa at this point. Even tho Timothy has been high on my list since day 1, considering the source I feel like Bart has far more potential of being scum. 

I'll Unvote: Louisa and Vote: Barty instead. He's been on my radar since Day 2 and since Remy was Town and that other guy was too, then it makes sense for the 3rd Day 1 candidate to have survived to be scum.

That said if he's Town we've got a lot of work to do untangling these claims and the fact that so many PRs are now out in the open is kind of concerning to me. 

That’s Geoffrey yesterday, when he switched his vote quite late from the trusted town block blocker, to the soon to come up scum Barty.  He did specifically say he trusted Patrick more than Louisa... convenient since Barty would come up scum.

i was going to do more investigating and fingerpointing, but you know what? This quote is about as damning evidence as you could possibly have.

The time to claim was in private, yesterday, to somebody.  It was unlikely any of the three were scum, and virtually impossible all three were scum.

You’re walking the plank today, dude :excited:

And that is why compulsory voting is so important!

Oh, and before I forget... 

oh my gosh, I’m still alive!  I was sure that last night was going to be the night the scum took me out.  It seems I was yet mistaken.

17 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

Oh my gosh, I’m still alive!  I was sure that last night was going to be the night the scum took me out.  It seems I was yet mistaken.

Argg! Scum! We caught scum I tell yer! 

19 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

You seem a bit too cheery this early in the morning. This attitude is the same that lead us to bad lynches in the past. Instead of taking the entire day to discuss, we found a target early, and rode their back tell they drowned. 

I think Geoffrey should be put on a spotlight on this beautiful day. He could very well have been a scummo. But something I said early is just as likley I say as the first option. What if Timothy be scum? Geoffrey went to visit Patrick, but Patrick protected himself, thus whatever Geoffrey plan to do was foiled be it good or bad. Timothy on the other hand be blocked by Louisa, could have been a scummo that wasn't even allowed to leave thy room. The feel it odd Lousia and I be the only ones to bring this up.  

Sorry I spelled your name wrong Louisa. Here be rum! 

41 minutes ago, Nigel Clayton said:

So you be wanting us to believe that you tracked him to be proven that the two of us are loyal Pirates?

Not that you tried to kill him.

I think the latter be a far simpler answer.

I tracked him because I'm a very cautious person and I didn't want to give away my role and the possible PR I tracked on night 2 just to any old person. Only the scum benefit from having so much information out in the open. Now that Bart is confirmed scum and I've also confirmed that Patrick didn't lie about his target I'm 99% convinced he's Town, but the same can't be said about you. I was pretty suspicious when you claimed out of the blue yesterday... and I didn't expect to see both a watcher and a tracker on the same side.  

36 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

Your story is holier than a block of Swiss cheese :moar: 

So, the two other claims yesterday, you trusted them as a town block, but the jail keeper claim was unsure to you.  Hmm :sceptic:

You tracked Timothy day one, coincidentally, with no results. Hmm.  And your night two results you want to keep secret... so nobody can counterclaim your lie publicly.  Convenient :sceptic:

That’s Geoffrey yesterday, when he switched his vote quite late from the trusted town block blocker, to the soon to come up scum Barty.  He did specifically say he trusted Patrick more than Louisa... convenient since Barty would come up scum.

i was going to do more investigating and fingerpointing, but you know what? This quote is about as damning evidence as you could possibly have.

The time to claim was in private, yesterday, to somebody.  It was unlikely any of the three were scum, and virtually impossible all three were scum.

And that is why compulsory voting is so important!

Oh, and before I forget... 

oh my gosh, I’m still alive!  I was sure that last night was going to be the night the scum took me out.  It seems I was yet mistaken.

I don't trust Nigel or Louisa thank you very much. I tracked Patrick because I saw everyone claiming to him and needed to make sure he wasn't a liar. If he, the foundation of a Town block, was a liar, no one else would be safe. It didn't seem like people were claiming to you or to Louisa though so I went with the candidate that made the most sense. 

I trusted Patrick more than Louisa for a number of reasons but I continue to distrust Louisa because it would appear there are two "town aligned" players that have similar roles. Obviously they're subtly different but of the two of them, I've never seen a Jailkeeper on a scum team. I changed my vote late because I was at work. I would have voted for Bart as soon as Patrick and Louisa sorted out that they have different roles. 

Also I don't get the compulsory voting comment. Of course people should vote. :wacko: 

Everyone was claiming to him?  Really?

Malcom, of course we have other stuff to discuss today, but the case against Geoffrey is already to the point that I don’t know what could change my mind.

1 minute ago, Henry Ogden said:

Everyone was claiming to him?  Really?

You encouraged it dingus. :facepalm:

On 3/16/2019 at 11:49 AM, Henry Ogden said:

I’m pretty confident in the three town claims today.  It would be a massive risk for scum to false claim.  They killed night one, and shouldn’t know what, if any, ability their victim might have had.  (There’s basically one very unlikely chance, that they had a very rare role in the European Bricktillion, the day investigator, and even there, they’d use that info for private connections, not public ones, IMO, certainly not the way these roles came out today)  if you have a role, you should claim to one of the three, Louisa, Patrick or Nigel, preferably two of them, so they can have knowledge should one of them pass.  

Personally, I’d go so far as to say, if you’re a townie with a role who hasn’t claimed to those three by the start of day four, A) you will be really suss if you all of a sudden claim later on and B) you’re not playing this game well.  An active, cooperative town is the key to rooting out these imperial scum.  Play your part.

and Timothy, eyes are in you :wink:  If Barty is town, you’re at the top of the list. 

20 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

Malcolm, of course we have other stuff to discuss today, but the case against Geoffrey is already to the point that I don’t know what could change my mind.

Argg! Fair enough. I just hope more people look at both the men who were stopped last night and not just the one. 

Here is an updated vote count with correct teams given. 

Day 1

Vote Count:

Barty Brewster - 3 (Thomas, Henry, Timothy)

Timothy Dixon - 1 (Geoffrey)

Gordon Smith - 1 (Joseph)

Henry Ogden - 1 (Barty)

Alexander Pinkerton - 4 (Nigel, Gordon, Malcolm, Remy

Remy Fontaine - 4 (Patrick, Jack, Louisa, Jane)

Day 2

Vote Count:

Remy Fontaine - 8 (Thomas, Joseph, Jack, Timothy, Henry, Louisa, Barty, Malcolm)

Henry Ogden - 1 (Nigel)

Nigel Clayton - 1 (Patrick)

Louisa Hammond - 2 (Gordon, Geoffrey

Day 3 

Vote Count:

Barty Brewster - 11 (Patrick, Louisa, Timothy, Nigel, Henry, Joseph, Geoffrey, Malcolm, Jack, Thomas, Gordon)

Timothy Dixon - 1 (Barty)

17 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Things are getting am wee bit confusing in here. 

Who would you have us lynch @Geoffrey Holton?

I'm still of the opinion that Timothy could well have inherited the kill. I know I'm not scum. And I know there wasn't a scum kill last night. It just makes the most sense to me that Timothy would logically be scum. He didn't do anything night 1 which doesn't mean he's not a member of the Imperials... just that he didn't have a role then. 

Truth be told I'm also deeply distrustful of Nigel and his claim. Watcher is typically a scum role. And it came out of nowhere...

I have quite a few first mate duties to attend to at the moment and haven’t caught up yet, but wanted to share the investigator’s results with all this chatter going on.

N1 - Jack ( me)

N2 - Henry

N3 - Joseph 

All came back loyal pirate according to the investigator.

I also investigated Nigel on Night 2 - with a loyal pirate result.

I am not the investigator, but was given a one shot magnifying glass by someone claiming to be an inventor.  This gift and the result came via our captain,  it directly from the claimed inventor.

Not directly from claimed inventor.

45 minutes ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

You encouraged it dingus. :facepalm:

I encouraged it.  It doesn’t mean a single person did it.  You obviously didn’t... dingus.