kodlovag

[BSBA] Cat A - SpaceBottleShip

This contest is really interesting, so I decided to try something. Please remember, this is my very first attempt to build a spaceship since 25 years or so. My largest spaceship sets were 6824 and 6846. Well, very different era compared to recent MOCs or SW ships.

I selected category A, because it is much faster to develop something, and have some immediate fun. A little problem, that I don't have many sets, I'm only buying modulars and some Technic, but they are not a good base to be bennyfied. So this will be a digital entry. But can be built, I just don't have the bricks. My first idea was to turn a tree to a spaceship, but there are no good trees, and the IDEAS treehouse is not a product yet. I didn't want to moc something first, so this idea was skipped. But then I found the 21313 - Ship In A Bottle set... And I created this during the weekend.

The original set

lego_21313_web_pri_1488.jpg?l.r2=7456636

And the bennyfied

46723147285_41899d36c6_o.png

40440107553_e914aa5da2_o.png

46682275954_03ce4349ce_o.png

47405595221_2c4ea456b2_o.png

I'm not really sure, what is this. Alien? Catfish? Submarine? Maybe spaceship? But this might be a good news, because it fits to the spirit of the contest.

This is not my final entry, work in progress. I will regularly update this first post to the actual state.

Edited by kodlovag

Wow!

I like your idea very, very much. You ship is a true "Time Conserver" … a space ship that carries a wonderful sailing ship in its body.

I would go without the tentacles - just with some space antennas or whatever a space ship need in the front section.

Thank you very much for sharing! I love it.

Best
Thorsten 

This is a nice entry to the contest! Of all sets I thought might be adapted into SPACESHIP!s, this is probably the last.

I happen to disagree with the above comment: I enjoy the tentacles and I think they work with the old-timey pirate ship theme of the original set, almost as if this is a mechanical kraken in space.

I second this too! It's quite unique there. A cool mash-up of pirates and sci-fi! Really love how it's "benny-fied".:thumbup:

Just curious, does the rendered image depicts the back of the spaceship or the tentacles side is the front? Or it works similar to the Slave I?

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

5 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Just curious, does the rendered image depicts the back of the spaceship or the tentacles side is the front? Or it works similar to the Slave I? 

The tentacles side is the front. There is the cockpit with 4 seats for the minifigs and many control instruments.

And thanks for everyone who comments and likes this creation.

Just now, kodlovag said:

The tentacles side is the front. There is the cockpit with 4 seats for the minifigs and many control instruments.

And thanks for everyone who comments and likes this creation.

I see! Thanks for the clarification! :laugh: