Sven J

Another AFOL going large scale... (Prussian T3 0-6-0T)

Dear train lovers,

German AFOL Nikolaus aka Mr_Kleinstein has posted a simply wonderful, large-scale (ca. 1:30) display model of the famous Prussian T3 in the German forum „Doctor Brick“.
With his permission, I'd like to show you his masterpiece: 800x560.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

(all pictures by Mr_Kleinstein)

Take a look at Nikolaus' original thread (log-in required to see large pictures) or visit his Flickr account to enjoy this fantastic model, including a working handbrake (!!!) and a stunning LEGO rendition of the complicated Allan valve gear!

Kind regards,
Sven

Edited by Tenderlok

Your collection grows from good to better, as good wine improves with age!

This new baby in black and gold is totally cool ...I love the large wheels and the super high details of the rods! :wub_drool:

The front profile of the boiler has a beautiful design.

Great work as usual! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

LT12V

Just one question: have you ever consider to buy new XXL wheels for a larger model?

Hi @LEGO Train 12 Volts,

it's nice to read that you enjoy this model. However, it's not mine - I'm only presenting it here, as the builder is not active on EB.
All praise ist due to Nikolaus, who built this beauty!

Oh, and I haven't used XXL wheels yet.

Best regards,
Sven

Edited by Tenderlok

It's an amazing model with superb details. I love the functional brakes, did the real locomotive's brake wheel stick up in the cab that way?

Every time I see a build in this sort of scale I tip ever closer to trying to build a 1/35 Baldwin Mallet. I've a feeling it'll happen in 2020... 

4 hours ago, Daedalus304 said:

did the real locomotive's brake wheel stick up in the cab that way?

I think there was a crank for the handbrake inside the cab. The main (compressed-air) brake was operated in the usual way by a valve.

Really awsome, I've registered on "Doctor Brick" and saw the exquisite details. Obviously the large scale (G scale) helps a lot, I presume the working brake is not so easy to implement in a standard L-scale, anyway it is a very nice work. Perhaps the liftarm as brakes are not so realistic but for the moment I find no alternatives.

p.s.: Hi Sven, what about the Kytson-Meyer?

Brilliant model! Another great demonstration of how much more you can do at a larger scale.