Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

EB MOC Triathlon

Hey all :thumbup:

Welcome to the EB MOC Triathalon, where EB's finest MOCers will be pitted against each other in a gruelling test of MOCing skill, pace and endurance! But be warned! - Each MOC must be from a completely different theme!

-Only submit yourself if you think that you will be able to produce 3 good MOCs from different themes within the set deadlines

-Please include a link to your Brickshelf/Flickr/MOCpages e.t.c. for reference purposes, or links to your best MOCs

-5 members will be selected from all applicants, with the objective of producing the finest MOCs across the board

-Do not be offended if you are not picked; this competition is designed to bring out the best of the best, so only apply if you are serious and will not take it personally if not chosen

-If you do not keep to the deadlines, you will be disqualified

-To apply, PM me with your application and all appropriate links e.t.c; do not submit them in this thread, for clarity's sake

-The Contest

-There will be 3 categories, each consisting of a number of themes. You can only build one MOC from each category, even if the theme is different

-Each category will be announced after the previous one has ended

-Each category lasts for a month, although it will end early if all contestants have entered before then

-You must enter each category

-First category will be announced May 1st, with all included themes

-You will be able to build from a theme of your choice, as it will fall under one of the categories, but you must be able to MOC in other themes too

-The MOC

-No custom parts/decals allowed

-No part limit, although all entries must fit onto an area of 1500 square studs (a little larger than a 32x32 baseplate)

-No digital entries

-3 photos per entry, preferably 800x600 or less; composite photos are allowed

-New MOCs only; no previously built ones are allowed

-As voting will be by all members, build to what they want; a giant mech will get more votes in general than a Clikits necklace :tongue:

-You may not create seperate threads for your MOCs until after the category has finished, but post your 3 pictures and description in the entry thread that will be posted once the cateory has begun

-No licensed theme MOCs or MOCs based off media, as these do not fully reflect the builder's skill and imagination, as the original concept is not their own

-The Voting

-Remember that although big doesn't always mean better, larger MOCs are more impressive and so more likely to attract more votes

-Voting will last until the next phase begins

--1st place -> 6 points

--2nd place -> 4 points

--3rd place -> 3 points

--4th place -> 2 points

--5th place -> 1 point

-Overall highest score wins

Do not apply in this thread; this is for discussion only!

MOC ON! :classic:

Edited by SlyOwl

Normally I'd love another competition, but I just can't keep up with them all! :cry_sad:

Sounds fun though, I'll try.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

How should people apply? Should they PM you or will you start another thread? If you start another thread, can you put a link in the rules to it? Thanks.

Sounds like a fun competition, I'm not sure I'll be able to enter though. I'll see if I can....

Ah, another triathilon! :thumbup: This one's a little different that the Builder's Lounge one, though.

I'd probably be able to enter, since one month is plenty of time to build something. :classic: I'll PM you! :sweet:

Another contest?

It sounds like a good idea, but there are already a lot of contests running at the moment...

Yes, that;s my problem, and in them middle of Castle Month to, oh dear. And I haven't started my pirate entries yet, oh dear! :cry_sad:

Sounds fun. ill need to cancell my previous Mocs to enter this one.

Normally I'd love another competition, but I just can't keep up with them all! :cry_sad:

Remember, MOCs can be entered into more than one competition... :wink: By New, it only means publicly displayed after the contest has started

How should people apply? Should they PM you or will you start another thread? If you start another thread, can you put a link in the rules to it? Thanks.

Rules updated :sweet:

Another contest?

It sounds like a good idea, but there are already a lot of contests running at the moment...

This one isn't an official EB one, as it is not open to all members, so it does not need to be scheduled :wink:

Sounds fun. ill need to cancell my previous Mocs to enter this one.

Not necessarily; if you just wait until the contest has started to display it, then it counts as a new MOC, as it has not been seen before. But WIP threads and previous teasers prevent this, as they verify that it was built outside the deadlines; otherwise we only have your word for it! :sing:

Keep applying! I've only recieved 2 applications so far, so it looks rather dull :hmpf:

:laugh:

Edited by SlyOwl

I'll have to skip on this one, I love mocing but I'm not a great builder, and I'd prefer not to build something only to not make the cut. Plus, I have to work hard on my pirate entries...

Keep applying! I've only recieved 2 applications so far, so it looks rather dull :hmpf:

:laugh:

One on one's are always fun. :wink:

Sounds like fun I just might particapate, I have a few older MOCs that might be suitable for this competition :devil: . Though I wonder what the prizes are?

I'd prefer not to build something only to not make the cut.

You get picked first, and told what to build afterwards; the BS links are simply required as a way to select people. :wink:

One on one's are always fun. :wink:

How about one some time? :tongue:

Anyway, there's more entered now... :devil:

I have a few older MOCs that might be suitable for this competition :devil: . Though I wonder what the prizes are?

Prizes...yes, prizes... :sing:

As for older MOCs, as long as they haven't been publicly displayed before, then they're alright as technically they're new. However, previously displayed MOCs are not elegible as that defeats the point of MOCing contests. :classic:

Prizes...yes, prizes... :sing:

As for older MOCs, as long as they haven't been publicly displayed before, then they're alright as technically they're new. However, previously displayed MOCs are not elegible as that defeats the point of MOCing contests. :classic:

Yes I haven't displayed these MOCs before :wink: . Could you tell us the catagories since I will need to know them before I can submit entries, and just to clarify we have to send our entries via pm to you, right? Is that all we submit just the MOC's Brickself folder and a name? Whats the deadline? Sorry for all the questions :blush: .

How about one some time? :tongue:

Sounds like a good time. :skull: Maybe after this competition?

I trust you are not eligible to compete in this, Cap'n? :cry_sad: (I can still call you Captain, right? :laugh: )

Nice idea :thumbup: . Too bad I won't be able to partecipate, since I'll be very busy for about one month after the first half of May :cry_sad::hmpf_bad: .

LuxorV

Could you tell us the catagories since I will need to know them before I can submit entries, and just to clarify we have to send our entries via pm to you, right? Is that all we submit just the MOC's Brickself folder and a name? Whats the deadline? Sorry for all the questions :blush: .

The categories remain hidden until the contest starts; that's the point - you've got to be able to build quickly and efficiently within set boundaries. Each category will last 1 month, although it may end early if everyone has entered. The next category starts when the previous one has ended, so overall this contest will last 3 months, although it will probably be considerably less :classic:

You must be selected to participate, so links/addresses to your best MOCs or Brickshelf e.t.c. are necessary for selection.

There will be an entry thread when the time comes, although I may change this; it won't really affect you either way...

Sounds like a good time. :skull: Maybe after this competition?

I trust you are not eligible to compete in this, Cap'n? :cry_sad: (I can still call you Captain, right? :laugh: )

3 months away? :tongue: I'll bear it in mind, but I'll have exams around then, so July maybe? Yeesh, I'm planning soooooo far into the future :laugh:

And no, I can't enter, as I would already be tweaking the rules :grin: And yes, Captain is fine, although I prefer King :grin: Although I got dethroned :cry_sad:

Alas I do not think I am good enough really compared to some builders here, but it will be interesting to see the MOCs produced!

Alas I do not think I am good enough really compared to some builders here, but it will be interesting to see the MOCs produced!

I think the same way, I'm not too good at MOCs, though it will be fun for the competition. :sweet:

As of yet I have not recieved 5 applicants, so apply anyway, and if these so-called "better MOCers" don't apply, then it's their loss and your gain. Currently the next few people to apply will be guaranteed a place!

just PMed

Which leaves me with 4 contestants so far, so there is one guaranteed place left, but then things will get ugly :devil:

As for prizes, I'll arrange a little BL something for the winner... :wink:

SlyOwl, I'm going to move this to LEGO News & General Discussion to see if it drums up some more interest for you. It can always be moved back.