Giacinto Consiglio

[MOC] Cheese Shop

These are a set of beautiful buildings from different perspectives. To start with, the colors scheme is well thought of, the different shades of more muted colors go well together, and keep the facade interesting. The detailed framework in LBG and in white adds an extra touch. The odd parts used for these details are very interesting and it's really worth to have a second or third look at the photos to discover more of these details. I especially like the hinges, the skeleton legs, the syringes, and ball joints. It creates an interesting texture, like stone carvings you can see on many older buildings. The interiors is well built too. I like the sofa, the lamp on the side table and the details on the cheese selling counter front. 

The form language is lovely but I'm particularly taken with the color scheme, you made some really great, if occasionally unconventional, choices there and I think it really pulls the whole things together in a very balanced way; catches the eye without being garish, while at the same time muted without being understated.  Excellent work, thanks for sharing.

Awesome build! Must admit, the first thing that sprang to mind was the Monty Python Cheese Shop Sketch :laugh: I do think you should add some little detail behind the buildings, like a dustbin or something. :classic:

I saw Cheese Shop and half expected it to be empty. :tongue:

1ljznx.jpg

You have a wonderful model on your hands! I love the colours, especially in the interiors! The outside detailing around the front is excellent too, especially using the upside down skeleton leg for the stand for the flower pot. Job well done!

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:08 AM, Kintobor said:

I saw Cheese Shop and half expected it to be empty. :tongue:

1ljznx.jpg

You have a wonderful model on your hands! I love the colours, especially in the interiors! The outside detailing around the front is excellent too, especially using the upside down skeleton leg for the stand for the flower pot. Job well done!

Agreed!  But you need a cat figure licking up the last of the Camembert.

Now you've gone and made me hungry! (Luckily I have some gouda in the fridge...)

The colors everywhere are really well balanced, and the cheese shop is very charming. My biggest complaint would be that the counters are too tall, so other details such as the balance seem out of place because they are so high.

And thanks to everyone in this thread for the Python and Asterix jokes.. :laugh_hard:

Edited by rodiziorobs
My old nemesis...auto-correct

Just recently I've been thinking about what colors to combine with the sand blue windows, and now I know (I just need a new idea to develop)! All in all, I like how the builds turned out. The Dutch/Belgian style fits Lego a lot (or is it vice versa?), and with all special bricks Lego gave us in the last years it seems quite easy to make something like that. But the more one looks at both houses, the more one is impressed with all the innovative uses and details. The bay window on the Cheese Shop is just amazing, and so are the flowers next door. I also love the indoor fire place, and the balconies in the back.

But the "floating" icecream on the last picture got me wondering: is this a real model or just an amazing render? Can't really figure it out - in either case I envy you the quality of the pics! :blush: