Giacinto Consiglio

[MOC] Cheese Shop

"Can you smell the delicious flavour of creamy cheese? Have a tasty experience at the Cheese Shop and choose your favourite block of cheese from a wide selection!"

Here I come with  my latest modular MOC, the Cheese Shop. It includes two detachable buildings (just as in Pet Shop) inspired by Belgian/Dutch Art Nouveau, which usually mixes traditional elements and typically art-nouveauish curvy motifs. The townhouse also includes some sand red plates. Hope you like it!

46672450054_df0891d33e_c.jpg

47342861892_99252a55e3_c.jpg

47342858862_7daac64c09_c.jpg

33519675758_ded2326081_c.jpg

33519677248_70c04b3b18_c.jpg

46480558465_bbf23626fb_c.jpg

Edited by Giacinto Consiglio

9 minutes ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

the delicious flavour of creamy cheese

Like in Asterix & Obelix on Corsica :sick:

20 minutes ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

:look:??

Teasing you...
It seems you don't know the cartoon where an exotic kind of cheese stinks so very much that it explodes.

Be more serieus,
Your creation is great, I almost smell it :laugh:

Edited by coinoperator

Nice work!  The door handle to the cheese shop is a cute touch.  The stone work next to the door is a bit too busy for my taste, but I do like the way you incorporated the ball sockets up into the slopes/supports at the top there.  Great selection of "cheese" and cool floor pattern in the shop.  I think I like the townhouse building exterior best - lovely climbing plant, and I especially like the way you've used the Unikitty tails in a few different spots.  Overall just a great build.  I'd buy one!  :classic:

Great stuff! I really like the way you used the curved tiles on the right building. Looks very well balanced.

Looks great!  Love the bay window on the cheese store building and how you've used the hinge bases for the window trim on the other.

Looks awesome! I have tried Pet Shop's format before with Old Ben's Gallery and I must admit that it is rather restricting, so what you have crafted has that extra challenge, which I appreciate. The colour scheme is peculiar in a good way, I think it would hook next to the Clock Tower Square amazingly (maybe designed for that purpose? Don't know :laugh:) The roofs are my favourite bit, especially the red one with the dormer window... Marvellous! The house on the left-hand-side has very beautifully made details; all the tan decoration around the protruding bits and the roofline are just goregous! :wub: The flowers on the left add a really cosy feel to the building too!

I like how it feels reminiscent of other buildings of yours, the dark and sand red one feels very aesthetically similar to the yellow house left of Casa Bricklló and the one in the right feels like the smaller brother of the house in the Clock Tower Square. The buildings feel very tall, is that just my impression becuase of the render? Also, for some reason, this didn't give me that "wow" effect at first glance, which is something I always strive for in my buildings (which, by the way, I should start a new modular soonish...).

Anyhow, great building. I'm a bit fan of the hinge plates between floors of the brown building. :purrr:

Cheers!

Pau

Edited by paupadros

Lovely model! I don't like cheese, though. *giggle* I'd probably reduce the use of Sand Green a bit. It seems to weigh down the model too much.

Mylenium

Great job! You captured the low countries architecture in a convincing way!

18 hours ago, coinoperator said:

Teasing you...
It seems you don't know the cartoon where an exotic kind of cheese stinks so very much that it explodes.

Be more serieus,
Your creation is great, I almost smell it :laugh:

Well then you would need a Swiss version, Dutch cheese does not smell that bad compared to Swiss cheese (of course there are extremes in other countries too and Dutch farmers cheese is a little more sharp). I've stay with a Swiss family some years ago, well their dog produced a less sharp smell when it opened it's mouth than just opening the fridge there... No wonder my half-Dutch half-Swiss friend detests cheese. 

@Giacinto Consiglio apart from that very nice job, I'll show my brother in law who owns a small cheese imperium with a shop in Haarlem.

Very nice work! I'm a fan of Art Noveau in all its forms especially Lego! I really like the building facade for the cheese shop. A White trim always pleases me, even more so with those curves. :thumbup:

What a great pair of buildings! The facades are really beautiful - all of the "curved" elements make the buildings really unique (and must have been a creative challenge to develop from Lego).

This looks absolutely great. I love the dark orange stripes running across the walls of the building on the right. The shaping of the roof on that building also looks very good indeed. Great renders too by the way. :thumbup:

Great work, already faved it on flickr yesterday!

Absolutely love the facades of both buildings, you pretty much hit my sweet spot there - lots of lovely details everywhere, but all blending together nicely to still create a nice & clean looking building.

Well done!

PS: Just the tiniest thing: The two ice-cream scoops pieces on top of the cheese shop's roof seem to be hovering in midair :look: