dtomsen

[MOC] Odense Banegård & modular platforms

99,9 % done - only some stickers and road auxiliary missing ?

60% of the total area - excluding the road in front of the station and the platform with tracks behind it.

49618872888_51d955124a_b.jpg

I’ll try to take some better photoes in the weekend...

Edited by dtomsen

Our newish club “Togklodsens” (Trainbrick) largest of three train layouts for “Modeltog for Alle” in the city of Kolding:

49618873913_513d8d6b14_b.jpg

Edited by dtomsen

Still not so great photo but first time the station and platform are together ?

49635318148_a78bb9e9df_b.jpg

Edited by dtomsen

The event in Kolding was cancelled yesterday and today our country is more or less closing completely down due to the Coronavirus so no exhibitions in the near future ?

That said, new version of the main clock without the very rare tan dish:

49707242117_17b649b843_b.jpg

Edited by dtomsen

Just now, dtomsen said:

due to the Coronavirus so no exhibitions in the near future

But your wonderful, breathtaking station will survive that one for sure.

All the very best!

Thorsten

Indeed! Would love to see more photos like this and of the interior (whether finished or structural). While it is too bad and makes sense all events are cancelled right now, your creation will certainly be enjoyed by many in future!

I thought this was a LEGO forum, and that can't be LEGO... :laugh:. It's a stupendous build with a fantastic amount of detail. I can't wait to see trains running through it!

Thanks all!

Three long days of moving and setting everything up in a bigger room a few city blocks away and taking photos is finally done.

49683013653_b11b83abc6_b.jpg

Edited by dtomsen

Just ... wow :classic: impressive
It already was looking great, but in real it's looks even better.
Besides the whole thing I like the colors of the building too. a Bit strange combination maybe but looks really great,

Edited by neonic

The detailing is amazing. I can't tell though, did you replicate real adverts or did you subtly change the words/art to "lego-ize" them?

1 hour ago, zephyr1934 said:

The detailing is amazing. I can't tell though, did you replicate real adverts or did you subtly change the words/art to "lego-ize" them?

Replicated. Some are historical and found online like most DSB adverts or the Carlsberg one, some are current like the H.C. Andersen one or the Selecta vending machine and one is entirely made up (the one with my LUG’s logo Byggepladen and the Togklodsen logo underneath). All signs, displays and messages are current and recreated from photos taken from my tours around the station down to even using the official Via Office DSB font.

Edited by dtomsen

At long last the station was shown to the public at Skærbæk Fan Weekend 2021 :classic:

51781186515_660e959b62_b.jpg

51779471622_47cf531086_b.jpg

Edited by dtomsen

Wow, amazing creation! Well done.

Do you some more pictures? That train looks so tiny compared to the station, awesome! 

59 minutes ago, *thomas* said:

Wow, amazing creation! Well done.

Do you some more pictures? That train looks so tiny compared to the station, awesome! 

Thanks.

Unfortunately it slipped my mind to take more photos...too much to do (and learn) exhibiting a very large moc for the first time.

The train isn't mine but done by Nikolai Nissen. It's the Danish DSB Litra MA equivalent to the German DB Class VT 11.5 Trans Europ Express (TEE) heavily inspired by Holger Matthes' 7-wide model with his blessings.

That train isn't small by any means, the train station is just that bigger as in real life (true minifig-scale) :grin:

49805560758_0c902336ff_b.jpg

Edited by dtomsen

Glad to hear you finally got the chance to publicly unveil your masterpiece. It's gorgeous and the size is crazy.