dtomsen

[MOC] Odense Banegård & modular platforms

The final platform modules...for now :classic:

Next step, building one or two complete platforms with tracks, passenger train and station life in general for Skærbæk Fan Weekend later this year and combining them with Odense Banegård the following year.

Platform end module with buffer stop combined with plain platform module:

47571712272_545342c91d_b.jpg

Edited by dtomsen

Woooh! This is a huge and amazing project! 

The station has a really nice style. Great work.

I cannot imagine how long you spend designing it on LDD. I made such a big project once and it took hours and hours (and yours is really less repetitive so it may have take a while!).

I hope we will get a lot of pictures once it is built!

It's a stunning masterpiece - I like the modular approach, the windows and all details. It will be a fabulous model once built!!! I imagine it by night, with all lights on and a small shunter parked near the dead end - Great! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by Paperinik77pk

Just one word ...Wow :classic:
Like the building, the colorscheme, all those details and stuff. Great technics too like those windows/door at the entrance.
It already looks great, and especially comparing with the foto.

The first part of the project, the platform, being built for Skærbæk Fan Weekend 2019 :classic:

48659850831_47c2dbded2_b.jpg

Edited by dtomsen

Excellent work! I forgot which forum I was on, and had to look twice before I realised it was LEGO! The whole layout should look fantastic. 

Finally, the platform is finished and ready to be packed before going to Skærbæk Fan Weekend tomorrow :classic:

Unfortunately the slight v-angle of the roof had to go as it was too fragile and prone to slowly dropping down due to gravity.
A "not-so-uncommon" problem with digital designing, no gravity that is :grin:
At least the roof is now much more solid and overall flat from module to module and with fewer parts.

The platform (without minifigs and other scenery) but with my DSB IC3 passenger train on the intercity side:

48792515976_52eced6086_b.jpg

Now that the "easier" part is done, the next stop is the train station itself!
99% of the parts have been collected, I just need to find the time and even more important the space:
The platform with tracks is about 1/3 of the overall layout  *huh*

Edited by dtomsen

Last bit of fluff before building begins soon :grin:

47555675931_2d8de02b7e_b.jpg

Deadline is 28th of March next year with the yearly national model railroad exhibition “Modeltog For Alle” (Model Railroad Trains For Everybody) in the city of Kolding.

...OMG *oh2*

Edited by dtomsen

Progress so far after building non-stop this weekend :classic:

49564917852_1a6fce922b_b.jpg

Edited by dtomsen

3 minutes ago, ColletArrow said:

Fantastic, she'll be one impressive monster when she's finished! How do you plan on moving her, other than "with difficulty"?

Thanks, a monster indeed...
I plan on moving it in sections in custom made boxes....and rented van ?

Edited by dtomsen

My jaw dropped and lay on the table while I was scrolling through this page. 

Every word to describe this beautiful model is out of place.

Love the updates - very exciting that you now get to build it “in the brick”!  I will be interested in following your progress, seeing all of the construction details, and seeing how it is transported - do you plan to exhibit the station at a variety of shows or just in Kolding? 

Edited by lego9vtrainfan

On 2/19/2020 at 6:55 AM, lego9vtrainfan said:

Love the updates - very exciting that you now get to build it “in the brick”!  I will be interested in following your progress, seeing all of the construction details, and seeing how it is transported - do you plan to exhibit the station at a variety of shows or just in Kolding? 

Thanks, “Modeltog for Alle” in Kolding is the debut but I plan to exhibit the station at our yearly Danish LUG event “Klodsfest”, “Skærbæk Fan Weekend”, (probably) “LEGO World 2021” in Copenhagen and (still unlikely) Danmarks Jernbanemuseum (The Danish Railway Museum) in Odense. So a lot of exhibitions and travel.

After that the plan is to disassemble the station and probably build a permanent smaller one...or two ?

Plan B is to rent a storage room or move to a much bigger house ?

Edited by dtomsen

21 hours ago, dtomsen said:

After that the plan is to disassemble the station and probably build a permanent smaller one...or two ? 

Surely there is a small museum somewhere that would happily display it for you when you aren't showing it elsewhere. At the very least see if there might be a buyer before disassembling it.

On 2/20/2020 at 6:36 AM, zephyr1934 said:

Surely there is a small museum somewhere that would happily display it for you when you aren't showing it elsewhere. At the very least see if there might be a buyer before disassembling it.

Unfortunately selling is very unlikely as approx. one-fouth of the parts is on loan. An extended loan but a loan nonetheless.

The idea of putting the station on display in a museum or similar place in the meantime is great though...maybe the LEGO House not far from here :laugh:

Edited by dtomsen

Slightly redesigned and better integrated brick-built half of the four-lane road in front of the station :classic:

~5.600 parts :blush:

49569764667_ae07899a3f_b.jpg

Edited by dtomsen

The scale here remains so impressive...!  Interesting to see how some of the sections go together too.  I would certainly hope you can find a museum or other home for it for a while - the LEGO House would be a pretty cool option if possible. :wink:

Look forward to seeing more progress updates and the finished model!