JoeChu1980

[MOC] full crouching destroyer droid of TCW

Hello there, I am working on some scene MOC and there's an application of the Trade Federation destroyer droid, I knew LEGO published many version before, and I got some of them, but still felt a little bit not good enough. Till I saw Flickr ID Taylor.T MOC, very good reference, just can't crouch...

32433380257_1469075bff_b.jpg

So I simulated and built it with materials in hand, it turns out pretty neat, and I think the crouching-able is what I prefer.

47383443141_15b0ac498f_b.jpg

Compared w/ MFs, the size is also good.

33507218128_a64a412f95_b.jpg

Hi there, thats pretty good! I'm new here and I just recently posted mine on Instagram and on Bricklink. Let me know what you think! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu6xHPWhv5-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

On 3/16/2019 at 3:32 PM, The Trending Brick said:

Hello there! I accessed your instagram and saw that 3 post (and a video) of destroyer droid, it also very neat design, glad to see we had many common idea, and most enjoy the way you built the 3 feet. Once I got enough material, definitely will make both version to learn and have fun.

For now, only thing I could image for you is to try a transparent-orange 85861 1x1 round plate with hole, for its eye.

Super neat. These triangular sign pieces are perfect and on the whole, proportions look spot on. Best Droideka I have seen in Lego.