Sign in to follow this  
leafan

Batman 80th Anniversary set

Hi, I saw this article over on Brickfanatics yesterday about a press release stating that Lego would release a Batman 80th Anniversary set to celebrate.

I couldn't see a topic already covering this but apologies if it's already common knowledge. Here's the quote from the Warner Bros press release source:

“Global partners such as LEGO, Mattel and Funko will release exclusive Batman 80th anniversary products throughout the year.”

4 minutes ago, sander1992 said:

Interesting, I'm curious what kind of set that would be.

There's a little speculation in the article that I linked. Here's a quote:

Spoiler

LEGO DC Super Heroes Batman 76139 “Batvehicle” is rumoured to be a D2C exclusive set, and is expected later this year. It could be the set that will tie in to the 80th birthday celebrations.

It has been talked about in the main DC thread, but there’s little more than the speculation that it will be a Keaton Batmobile. I’m rather hoping that they do something like what they did for the Star Wars anniversary sets, but with classic versions of various characters rather than retrospective remakes. 

9 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

It has been talked about in the main DC thread, but there’s little more than the speculation that it will be a Keaton Batmobile.

Speaking of such, should this really deserve a topic of its own? If it will indeed be a D2C set, I guess this topic will act as the press release topic come then? :shrug_confused:

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

It has been talked about in the main DC thread, but there’s little more than the speculation that it will be a Keaton Batmobile.

Well, that might make me interested in it.  I have a soft spot for Keaton's Batman and related mobiles.

If it is the Keaton Batmobile, I will be disappointed as I built the version that Brickvault are selling the plans for, which is an amazing model.

Now we know:

Spoiler

https://www.cnet.com/news/lego-reveals-a-1000-brick-batcave-to-celebrate-batmans-80th-anniversary/

Are you sure that this is the set. The link you posted originally, which you then Spoiler tagged in a later post has the set number of 76139, where as the Batcave set that has been revealed has a set number of 76122 and none of the other sets revealed today have this number either. So maybe there is another set to come.

That’s not the set. That is just part of the new batman wave. The D2C is separate.

also all this should really be discussed in the DC thread, not in its own