Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Three

10 hours ago, Joseph Finch said:

We don’t know for sure this mysterious blocker only revealed him/herself to Triggs - plenty of members of our party have been rather quiet since these revelations came in the public sphere. There could be another one out there. 

That... sounds like a bad idea. Unless it turns out Hammond and Triggs are both scum, bussing one to “clear” the other, but that seems awful risky from an Imperial standpoint. In which case it’s a great idea.

I say we lynch one, see the flip, and if they were town we lynch the other tomorrow. 

I still want to hear from Triggs about why he was chosen as the “blocker’s” mouthpiece, but right now I’m leaning towards voting for Hammond.

Mostly because this is the most reasonable thing Hammond has said all day, and there being two blockers is an incredibly weak defense.

Screw it (as is the pirate tradition!) I’m voting now. 

Vote: Louisisisia Hammond

Yeah, I think the lynch one today, kill the other tomorrow if town is a good idea. Maybe not the vig part I have mentioned, well for one we also don't even know if we have a vig, and I think that we have enough man power we can wait a day to see the results and not have to waste a town role.

3 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

That's a bold statement to make (literally and figuratively).   Between believing you and believing anything Louisa has to say, however, it is a no brainer for me.  Which is why I can understand why someone would claim to you and why I'm curious about Joseph and Malcolm questioning why someone would claim to you specifically.

We on day 3 and not a single confirmed townie has shown up, Mr. Triggs has also not be on me radar good or bad. This made me wonder why of all people Mr. Triggs was the one who got this info. I think that's a very reasonable thing to question, and I wonder why you question it.

29 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Yes, I am counterclaiming. Strictly speaking, I'm the jailkeeper, so I can take someone to the brig to both protect and block them. I tried to be more subtle about it:

On Night One I blocked Malcolm and on Night Two I blocked Barty (thanks for voting for Louisa already, by the way, Barty). I chose Barty because, entertaining the idea that Louisa is scum, it seems like Barty is a probable buddy considering how the votes went on Day One and how Louisa reacted to them. And here we are: no night kill and a prophylactic claim of blocker.

I want to point out for the record that Geoffrey, Gordon and Henry all took around 24 hours to contribute to this here manuscript after Louisa claimed early in the Day.

Presently Louisa has 5 votes, and Henry has sort of promised to vote for her too, which will leave her with 6.

Argg! this makes your claim have a lot more weight.

Vote: Louisa Hammond

If she not be scum, then your butt definitely on a hot plate tomorrow.

Hold up! If I'm a roleblocker and Patrick is a jailkeeper, then there's a chance there's no doctor which means there's a very good chance at least one of are targets last night is scum.

So which one then? Timothy Dixon (mine) or Bartholomew Brewster (Patrick's)?

OK. I feel like I've been an idiot to discount the possibility of both a jailkeeper and a regular ol' blocker. If we lynch Louisa and she's town, we all know I'm next and that would be bad because I am town.

I do believe that my choice to target Barty paid off, whether or not he is in league with Louisa (which is a possibility but not at this point certain.) I will

Unvote: Louisa Hammond

Vote: Bartholomew Brewster

If you're a jailkeeper then it's absolutely possible that Louisa is town blocker.  That leave us with three logical possibilities for the lack of a night kill:

1. I'm scum and was blocked by you

2. Timothy's scum and was blocked by Louisa

3. Scum tried to kill me last night and I was protected

There are other possibilities, of course, but they are less likely.  Unless we hear more information, I think we need to choose between the first two options.  I realize that may result in me going out today, but if it helps us get the win later, I can accept that.

I'm not scum so I have to go with Louisa's block.

Vote: Timothy Dixon

Oh wow I totally forgot that you could have been protected last night from a kill. :look: 

I must admit however Barty, you've changed your opinion awfully quickly, as well as accepted your potential fate quite easily. 

Vote Count:
Louisa Hammond - 3 (Joseph, Jack, Malcolm, )
Barty Brewster - 2 (Patrick, Louisa,)
Timothy Dixon - 1 (Barty)

With 12 players, 7 is required for a lynch. About 31 hours remain in Day Three. 

39 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Hold up! If I'm a roleblocker and Patrick is a jailkeeper, then there's a chance there's no doctor which means there's a very good chance at least one of are targets last night is scum.

14 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

OK. I feel like I've been an idiot to discount the possibility of both a jailkeeper and a regular ol' blocker. If we lynch Louisa and she's town, we all know I'm next and that would be bad because I am town.

I do believe that my choice to target Barty paid off, whether or not he is in league with Louisa (which is a possibility but not at this point certain.) I will

10 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Couldn't decide whether to vote my block or Patrick's so I'ma follow Patrick.

Argg! I be too drunk to realize you did not claim blocker, but jail keeper. All these craziness is getting to my head, or it be the rum.

I'm thinking with my not so intelligent brain, weather or not a blocker in a story with a jail keeper be a likely scenario. They both have the power to stop ones actions. Is it likely we would have two people on our side who have this ability? I am not sure as I don't think I have read about such a thing on other ships before, but I have not read every book that has been created underneath this beautiful sky. I think an eye should be kept on both of these PR claims but for now

Hopefully by tomorrow we have all this figured out.

I think there is a likelihood that one of the blocked targets is scum as there was no kill action. But if Patrick is a jailkeeper there is an equal possibility that his action protected Barty instead of blocking him. So many things to consider.

14 minutes ago, Bartholomew Brewster said:

If you're a jailkeeper then it's absolutely possible that Louisa is town blocker.  That leave us with three logical possibilities for the lack of a night kill:

1. I'm scum and was blocked by you

2. Timothy's scum and was blocked by Louisa

3. Scum tried to kill me last night and I was protected

There are other possibilities, of course, but they are less likely.  Unless we hear more information, I think we need to choose between the first two options.  I realize that may result in me going out today, but if it helps us get the win later, I can accept that.

I'm not scum so I have to go with Louisa's block.

Vote: Timothy Dixon

Yes these are the three options given that both Louisa and Patrick are telling them truth. Honestly all have an equal possibility of being the correct option. Neither Barty nor Timothy have been on my radar.

I think we need a vote count showing the sides from past days.

Day 1

Vote Count:

Barty Brewster - 3 (Thomas, Henry, Timothy)

Timothy Dixon - 1 (Geoffrey)

Gordon Smith - 1 (Joseph)

Henry Ogden - 1 (Barty)

Alexander Pinkerton - 4 (Nigel, Gordon, Malcolm, Remy

Remy Fontaine - 4 (Patrick, Jack, Louisa, Jane)

Day 2

Vote Count:

Remy Fontaine - 8 (Thomas, Joseph, Jack, Timothy, Henry, Louisa, Barty, Malcolm)

Henry Ogden - 1 (Nigel)

Nigel Clayton - 1 (Patrick)

Louisa Hammond - 2 (Gordon, Geoffrey)

From these votes and our two suspects in question. It seems both voted for the Remy lynch, a lot of people did. On day 1 Timmy voted for Barty in what seems could have been a mini wagon (Minivan). While Barty voted for Henry. I need to go through the past and see all my eyes read.

I’ve played Jailkeeper twice in past voyages. And neither one had a blocker AND a Jailkeeper. Just a Jailkeeper. I don’t think a scum would come and claim Blocker unless they were 100% sure the town blocker was dead. So I’m willing to give Louisa the benefit of the doubt. 

17 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Oh wow I totally forgot that you could have been protected last night from a kill. :look: 

That’s a good point. And if Barty was protected I guess that makes him town right? I’m still weary as to who to believe. I’m still not sure if I buy a Jailkeeper and a blocker in the same game. I know I’m Town. The towniest of the town to be precise. I’m going to go with Triggs’s block and Vote: Bartholomew Brewster

There has been a great deal said this day.  Being absent for the evening takes its toll sometimes.  A lot of talk of mechanics, claims and counter claims.  If cards are being laid on the barrel head I suppose I will show my hand, mediocre as it may be.  I've told ye all since the very beginning that I would be having my eye on ye.  That be because I am the captains WATCHER.  Though I must admit that the men I aint seen nothin on either of them.  The odds have been against me.  The vote for Lousia feels a wee bit too similar to yesterday.  The scummy imperials hoodwinked us into removing a loyal pirate from the mix.  IT was lookin to be the same on Louisa.  But now my old buddy Patrick has turned the tables on that.  If his tale be true, I think we may have finally found one of those imperial swine stinkin up our fine ship.  If he be playing us false, than that will be dealt with on the morrow.  I be throwing in with them.  

Why is everybody claiming? :wacko:

If everyone is telling the truth, three, four if you count Remy, PR’s have been outed. 

Nigel, do you have any intel from your watching that could back up the blocker/jailkeeper claims? 

It be a strange day Joseph.  I can neither confirm nor deny narry a word of either claim.  On night one I was in a barrel outside the Bird's room.  He slept soundly that night no one targeted him.  Last night I was behind the crates near Louisa's quarters.  No one I could see put their targets on her either.  I cannot know if either of them snuck out through their portholes though.

I’m not voting for Louisa over that.  That’s not a counterclaim. :facepalm:  

It’s cute that you want to be subtle, but sometimes everybody is better off if you’re clear, and we wouldn’t have wasted half the day on a bogus claim.

Likely you’re both town, and one of the people you blocked was the scum killer, since the only other option would be the doctor protected correctly, which is unlikely.

i trust Louisa‘s claim in as much that scum wouldn’t need to put themselves out there like that.  She wasn’t really under pressure when she claimed.

I have business to do, I’ll try to check in and change my vote if we go for the one Louisa claimed to block (I forget at the moment), but Barty was suss on day one, I’m fine going that way.

vote: Barty

*Shoot, I wrote all that not having loaded up page 3.  Sorry if that is behind in the conversation.  I was addressing the jailer.

If any other townies want to claim...don’t! Why are you claiming?!

10 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

I’m not voting for Louisa over that.  That’s not a counterclaim. :facepalm:  

These two statements sum up my thoughts exactly.

unvote: Hammond 

vote: Bartholemew 

32 minutes ago, Nigel Clayton said:

There has been a great deal said this day.  Being absent for the evening takes its toll sometimes.  A lot of talk of mechanics, claims and counter claims.  If cards are being laid on the barrel head I suppose I will show my hand, mediocre as it may be.  I've told ye all since the very beginning that I would be having my eye on ye.  That be because I am the captains WATCHER.  Though I must admit that the men I aint seen nothin on either of them.  The odds have been against me.  The vote for Lousia feels a wee bit too similar to yesterday.  The scummy imperials hoodwinked us into removing a loyal pirate from the mix.  IT was lookin to be the same on Louisa.  But now my old buddy Patrick has turned the tables on that.  If his tale be true, I think we may have finally found one of those imperial swine stinkin up our fine ship.  If he be playing us false, than that will be dealt with on the morrow.  I be throwing in with them.  

Argg! We sure are giving out PR's like candy today. This is honestly going to make tonight a mess. Unless we block the correct scummo an important PR will die.

21 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

Argg! A pirate rebel I be. I claim to be a townie! Hahaha, teaches you to set rules for me! Ok for real though, this claiming probably won't be good for tonight. There is this thing called Persian Maple rum, try it out.

9 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

There is this thing called Persian Maple rum, try it out.

Yup. 

Hammond & Triggs Persian Maple rum. Ever since now. Drink responsibly. :snicker:

In all seriousness though IMO just keep it to yourself.

This day has really brought twists and turns. I'm deeply distrustful of there being both a Blocker and a Jailkeeper on the same side. Normally I'd assume one of those roles is Scum, specifically the blocker... but this feels way too early for such an outrageous gambit!

I agree with the concensus that one of the parties blocked should be lynched... and frankly I do trust Patrick over Louisa at this point. Even tho Timothy has been high on my list since day 1, considering the source I feel like Bart has far more potential of being scum. 

I'll Unvote: Louisa and Vote: Barty instead. He's been on my radar since Day 2 and since Remy was Town and that other guy was too, then it makes sense for the 3rd Day 1 candidate to have survived to be scum.

That said if he's Town we've got a lot of work to do untangling these claims and the fact that so many PRs are now out in the open is kind of concerning to me. 

1 hour ago, Louisa Hammond said:

I must admit however Barty, you've changed your opinion awfully quickly, as well as accepted your potential fate quite easily. 

Because a jailkeeper is not a counterclaim to blocker.  They're functionally very different, and my vote for you was based on competing claims.  I've also seen this combo before, so I'm inclined to think you are both telling the truth.

As for my fate... I don't want to walk the plank.  I am a loyal pirate, but there's value for us in working through the blocks/protections from last night and I don't have a night action.

Here's what we know:

1. I was jailed, which means I can't have killed or been killed

2. Timothy was blocked, which means he could not have killed

3. There was no kill last night

Normally when there's a jailkeeper, you don't also get a protector.  The point of the jailkeeper is to make it harder for town to protect because protecting a PR means that the PR can't then also use their ability.  So, I think it's unlikely that anyone else was protected last night.

In the absence of other information, the logical town lynch for today is either me or Timothy.  I haven't had a strong scum read on Timothy until the block came up today, and the fact that I was protected means it's possible we're both town.

20 minutes ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

... since Remy was Town and that other guy was too, then it makes sense for the 3rd Day 1 candidate to have survived to be scum.

It does NOT make sense.  People keep saying this but it's simply not true.

Ok, so here be some thoughts of all the teeth chattering from the past. Specifically about Barty and the Butcher (sounds like a romance novel).

I have hid my full thought in spoiler tabs as I don't want to boar you all.

Spoiler

Day 1

Thomas votes for Barty. He does not mention it in his first post, but I think later on he says it was because he has been quiet.

Barty votes for Mr.Ogden due to his face.

Mr. Ogden then proceeds to vote for Barty because he never addressed the vote against him and instead voted for a different person.

Timothy is very mixed about day 1 lynches. He says that in the short run they don't seem to good, but in the long run they can help the town out. I can see his point there. He does not however vote even though voting has started at this point.

Interesting to note, the night 1 diseased Jane Thornton votes for Timmy for not voting yet.

Timmy responds and says that spreading out the vote is not good, and that we should focus in on about 2 or 3 people. He proceeds to vote for Barty (the past is the present now I see) because he only responded to the vote against him by voting.

Barty responds and says there was no need to respond to his votes. I think he was trying to say he does not need to respond to a joke vote. He then agrees that those who are not voting are doing so for a reason, and even agrees with Timmy that we should narrow the voted down to 2 or 3 people. Even though he agrees with the last bit he keeps his vote on Henry citing he overacted to a joke vote.

Jane unvotes Timmy after he responds.

Geoffrey then votes for Timmy citing that he is being very middle of the road, and only voted after being called out.

Henry replies to say he is keeping his vote on Barty.

Timothy does not like the votes on Pinkerton as he thinks that they are useless as he is missing in action.

That's it for day 1. Honestly the votes against Barty never made sense. His vote was clearly a joke vote and I think people were making it out to be bigger then it really was, Timmy is included in this group. Timmy was very middle of the road that day, which is not really a bad thing but can be scummy behavior. He also joined a lynch that I'm not sure made a lot of sense. Barty agrees that we should stick to narrowing it down to 2 or 3 people, but keeps his vote on Henry and is the only one to do so. This is very contradictory and a little scummy if you ask me.

Day 2

Jack calls out Timmy for dismissing Remy's actions as RP. This is before we knew Remy was town, and still largely thought he was a scum.

Timmy responds and says he mostly did not respond because he thought his behavior was not scummy enough to warrant a vote. He continues to share his point from day 1 about the votes for Pinkerton being useless as he was MIA.

Barty calls out Thomas for specifically stating he would not vote for Pinkerton. He then goes on to give the timeline of the Pinkerton votes. Near the end he ask Timmy if he agrees Remy is the most scummy of those votes on Pinkerton.

- Remy makes his first post in between the post -

Timmy responds to Barty and says he because suspicious of the votes after I, Malcom joined on the wagon. He says they seemed like easy votes. He then specifically mentions Gordon for possibly jumping on an early bandwagon. He calls out Mr. Odgen for his odd quote.

Barty states he want to look at the reason for the Pinkerton votes and not just the votes themselves. He then calls out Lousia for thinking that we were too fast to go for Remy. He also calls out Nigel.

Timmy votes for Remy.

Geoffrey mentions both Barty and Timmy on his suspect list. Barty for evading a day 1 lynch, and Timmy for evading his accusations against him.

Timmy responds and says time was the reason he waited so long to vote on day 1.

Barty calls out Louisa for being wishy-washy and votes for Remy.

- Remy claims PR -

Timmy thinks Remy should claim a specific PR.

So that's day 2. Both voted for Remy as many others did, and called out a few people along the way. Nothing in hear strikes me as odd.

Day 3

Timmy mentions how we should look into the people who did not vote for Remy, as a good scum tactic is to avoid voting for a town member dead set for a lynch. This is a very interesting thought that not many have brought up.

Barty says that him being a prime target for a day 1 lynch does not make him any more scummy.

Jack who made the accusation above says he is still on his radar.

Barty is quick to question Patrick on his suspicions of Louisa's role claim. Jack calls him out and says he could be protecting a scummy team mate.

Lousia claims she blocked Timmy

Barty seems to believe Patrick more then Louisa, Patrick has not claimed at this point just says he was contacted.

Day 1

Barty votes for Mr.Ogden due to his face.

Timothy is very mixed about day 1 lynches. He says that in the short run they don't seem to good, but in the long run they can help the town out. I can see his point there. He does not however vote even though voting has started at this point.

Interesting to note, the night 1 diseased Jane Thornton votes for Timmy for not voting yet.

Timmy responds and says that spreading out the vote is not good, and that we should focus in on about 2 or 3 people. He proceeds to vote for Barty (the past is the present now I see) because he only responded to the vote against him by voting.

Barty responds and says there was no need to respond to his votes. I think he was trying to say he does not need to respond to a joke vote. He then agrees that those who are not voting are doing so for a reason, and even agrees with Timmy that we should narrow the voted down to 2 or 3 people. Even though he agrees with the last bit he keeps his vote on Henry citing he overacted to a joke vote.

That's it for day 1. Honestly the votes against Barty never made sense. His vote was clearly a joke vote and I think people were making it out to be bigger then it really was, Timmy is included in this group. Timmy was very middle of the road that day, which is not really a bad thing but can be scummy behavior. He also joined a lynch that I'm not sure made a lot of sense. Barty agrees that we should stick to narrowing it down to 2 or 3 people, but keeps his vote on Henry and is the only one to do so. This is very contradictory and a little scummy if you ask me.

Day 2

Timmy responds and says he mostly did not respond because he thought his behavior was not scummy enough to warrant a vote. He continues to share his point from day 1 about the votes for Pinkerton being useless as he was MIA.

Barty calls out Thomas for specifically stating he would not vote for Pinkerton. He then goes on to give the timeline of the Pinkerton votes. Near the end he ask Timmy if he agrees Remy is the most scummy of those votes on Pinkerton.

- Remy makes his first post in between the post -

Timmy responds to Barty and says he because suspicious of the votes after I, Malcom joined on the wagon. He says they seemed like easy votes. He then specifically mentions Gordon for possibly jumping on an early bandwagon. He calls out Mr. Odgen for his odd quote.

Barty states he want to look at the reason for the Pinkerton votes and not just the votes themselves. He then calls out Lousia for thinking that we were too fast to go for Remy. He also calls out Nigel.

Day 3

Timmy mentions how we should look into the people who did not vote for Remy, as a good scum tactic is to avoid voting for a town member dead set for a lynch. This is a very interesting thought that not many have brought up.

Barty says that him being a prime target for a day 1 lynch does not make him any more scummy

Barty seems to believe Patrick more then Louisa, Patrick has not claimed at this point just says he was contacted.

Current thoughts

Timmy has been very middle of the road. Barty seems to go along with the group and occasionally accuses someone. Nothing here sticks out to me as super scummy. We need a lynch and I think more people are on the Barty wagon so I shall join.

6 hours ago, Joseph Finch said:

... you also have to factor in that there were four other people going after Hammond just as likely to be town as Triggs ...

Patrick to me is very much town - no, I'm not claiming any PR, this is just based on his actions to date.  I have question marks on three of the five who called out Louisa first up today.  So, in my view, I don't consider them just as likely to be town.

I had several other posts quoted but, by the time I got to actually finish catching up and putting pen to paper, I'd forgotten why I had grabbed most of them.  And, in light of the way things unfolded, generally irrelevant.  Anyway, I'm comfortable going with the Patrick block and Barty has been on the radar for some time.

As others be saying this seems like a good choice.Sorry I've been silent today, Louisa, while a bit odd, is the safe choice to not vote for today from what I've been seeing.

5 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

The issue is there’s actually a third option.

The scum targeted Bathilomew and couldn’t kill him because he was jailed.

Seems we have an interesting situation on our hands. I’m still not 100% sure Louisa’s a pirate, but we now have something to work off of. I agree with the need for a lynch. If anyone’s getting the plank, Barty seems like a decent option. He’s come up a few times and the jailing of him leading to no night kill is curious enough to not overlook.

Vote: Barty Brewster

So I think it's really interesting that not one person aside from myself is voting for Timothy.  The fact that I've been on the radar and Timothy hasn't should not immediately result in a unanimous lynching.  The whole theory behind the idea that one of the three of us who were primary lynch candidates on Day 1 must be scum was based on the idea that none of the votes took off.  Ergo, scum didn't want to join in on the vote.  Today, we've got a vote taking off and no one is stopping to think that the scum are bandwagoning to get the townie lynched.

38 minutes ago, Bartholomew Brewster said:

So I think it's really interesting that not one person aside from myself is voting for Timothy.  The fact that I've been on the radar and Timothy hasn't should not immediately result in a unanimous lynching.  The whole theory behind the idea that one of the three of us who were primary lynch candidates on Day 1 must be scum was based on the idea that none of the votes took off.  Ergo, scum didn't want to join in on the vote.  Today, we've got a vote taking off and no one is stopping to think that the scum are bandwagoning to get the townie lynched.

This is a good point, but if you’re scum you have to watch the fine line between defending a (rightfully) accused scummate without coming off as too zealous, or when there’s so many people on the bandwagon trying to dissuade it would do more harm than good, from a scum standpoint. 

But, as you said, you’re not claiming a night action, so if you’re town we don’t lose anything vitally important, and can lynch Timothy tomorrow.

I’m pretty sure Triggs is town, and Louisa is most likely town. Learning the counterclaim was a jailkeeper instead of a blocker changes everything. 

The only thing I’m worried about is what Gordon suggested, that scum tried to kill Barty last night but he was protected, and Timothy and Barty are both clean, leaving us with two dead townies and far too many PR’s out in the open at Day 5, I think it would be.

The only upside is it seems a quasi-town block is starting to form as a result of the outed-PR’s, so that’s nice. 

(Why is the text like that? I didn’t do that :wacko:)

1 hour ago, Bartholomew Brewster said:

So I think it's really interesting that not one person aside from myself is voting for Timothy.

If I may do an informal vote count:

Vote Count:
Barty Brewster - 11 (Patrick, Louisa, Timothy, Nigel, Henry, Joseph, Geoffrey, Malcolm, Jack, Thomas, Gordon)
Timothy Dixon - 1 (Barty)

Malcolm, Jack, Thomas, and Gordon all come in after the requisite 7 votes have been attained.