Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Three

38 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

Can you share any of this?

26 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

What might that be I wonder.

It's a counterclaim. I can't say much more until Timothy and Louisa play their hands. I'm interested in whom Louisa claims to have blocked on Night One.

27 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Or I could just wait till the last minute when I'm about to be lynched to claim. That's always a option. :pir-grin:

Actually, yes. That presents less risk of revealing unnecessary information. Look how reticent Remy was to tell anything! I think claiming early is your gambit to make someone else overplay their hand so that you gain additional info.

It seems with all this talk of Louisa's claim, everyone's forgotten that voting is open. I know for a fact that Louisa is full of the ol' weevil biscuits from head to toe, so I have no problem with Vote: Louisa Hammond

46 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

I also think it strange that you would jump straight into making a claim rather than offering a defence.  You were certainty on the radar, but you weren't the main topic of discussion and voting hasn't even started. 

Aye aye, pirate hat man.

8 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

It's a counterclaim. I can't say much more until Timothy and Louisa play their hands.

Huh. Why would someone come to you with a counterclaim? Why would scum counter claim town blocker or say someone counterclaimed town blocker? Not a good plan for the long run. Makes me feel like there could be two town blockers.

9 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

I'm interested in whom Louisa claims to have blocked on Night One.

Remy.

8 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Actually, yes. That presents less risk of revealing unnecessary information. Look how reticent Remy was to tell anything! I think claiming early is your gambit to make someone else overplay their hand so that you gain additional info.

I have no intention of causing the town to mislynch. Claiming early is best IMO.

I sleep for two minutes and everybody goes bonkers!

I don’t like Hammonds claim, I was suspicious of Hammond before, it seems very deliberately timed to get out in front of a counterclaim, as if she knows she’s going to be in hot water no matter what.

However, there’s also a chance she’s telling the truth, though it is very convenient she blocked someone last night who’s... dead now. 

In the interest of fairness I want to know why this mysterious counterclaiming blocker picked Triggs. What makes him more likely to be town than anyone else? At Day 3, barring the involvement of other night roles, it just seems like a shot in the dark that could have easily, or already has, gone awry. 

What if there is no counterclaim? What if Triggs is making it up so we lynch our town blocker? That’s a possibility.

I withhold my vote for now. It’s likely our lynch targets for today are Hammond vs Triggs.

***blocked someone Night 1. Remy obviously couldn’t have been blocked last night :wacko:

As some people have already done, voting is open. 

With 12 players, 7 is required for a lynch.

Vote Count:
Louisa Hammond - 1 (Patrick)

1 hour ago, Jack Alden said:

I have a dilemma - I had been leaning towards Imperial scum for both Louisa and Timothy.  So, I'm also curious what @Timothy Dixon has to say.

I apologise for my delay folks. A block and no night kill doesn’t automatically mean that the person blocked is guilty. It could have been a protection, two people may have targeted the same player... 

29 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Huh. Why would someone come to you with a counterclaim? Why would scum counter claim town blocker or say someone counterclaimed town blocker? Not a good plan for the long run. Makes me feel like there could be two town blockers.

It’s highly unlikely there would be two town blockers in one game. A Counterclaim isn’t improbable either, if you are scum it’s possible the real town blocker has claimed to Mr Triggs. You haven’t really offered a defence here, but rather “why would X do this?” “Why would Y do that?” 

3 minutes ago, Timothy Dixon said:

It’s highly unlikely there would be two town blockers in one game.

Not if you put into account that this game like most probably has some sort of unique mechanic.

6 minutes ago, Timothy Dixon said:

A Counterclaim isn’t improbable either

Like I said earlier, It's not very convenient for scum in the long run.

9 minutes ago, Timothy Dixon said:

if you are scum it’s possible the real town blocker has claimed to Mr Triggs.

Also why would a town blocker claim to Mr Triggs?

13 minutes ago, Timothy Dixon said:

You haven’t really offered a defence here, but rather “why would X do this?” “Why would Y do that?” 

What defense is there for me to offer? Right now it's basically "he said, she said".

1 hour ago, Joseph Finch said:

this mysterious counterclaiming blocker picked Triggs.

20 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Why would someone claim to me indeed.

Not if you put into account that this game like most probably has some sort of unique mechanic.

What on earth makes you say that?

2 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

I have no intention of causing the town to mislynch.

Here we agree. I also have no intention of causing a mislynch.

3 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

So are you saying you don’t know? 

27 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

(lol)

Pirating be no laughing matter! Argg!

Best case scenario for the scum assuming the counterclaimer is scum, Patrick never says who counterclaimed, I get lynched, Patrick gets offed.

Honestly IMO scum counterclaiming makes no sense for the long run which is why I would believe in the possibility of there being two town blockers. Unless I'm scum and didn't notice. *Checks role PM*. Nope, still town. 

:pir-sceptic: :pir-grin:

Argg! So it seems that we have two blocker claims. This be very interesting indeed.

6 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

It's a counterclaim. I can't say much more until Timothy and Louisa play their hands. I'm interested in whom Louisa claims to have blocked on Night One.

It seems with all this talk of Louisa's claim, everyone's forgotten that voting is open. I know for a fact that Louisa is full of the ol' weevil biscuits from head to toe, so I have no problem with Vote: Louisa Hammond

Aye aye, pirate hat man.

I do find it very odd for a blocker to be so comfortable with revealing this info to only one person. I'm curious as to why they trusted you the most too carry out this announcement.

Either way we have defiantly caught a scum right? If it looks like no better outcome is for sure, we could always lynch one and either lynch the other tomorrow, or if there is a vig, politely ask them to off the living blocker tonight. Either way we kill a scum with the loss of a blocker. What would be yours guys thoughts on the option?

I'm very conflicted at this point. Louisa flip-flop thoughts yesterday were quite scummy, but at the same time I find it hard to believe a scum would put themselves so far out in the open like this knowing there is another blocker about, its not like the scum are desperate and this is there only chance of survival. Also why this particular blocker was confident enough to claim to Patrick I find odd. I'm going to have some Persian Maple rum.

11 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

I do find it very odd for a blocker to be so comfortable with revealing this info to only one person. I'm curious as to why they trusted you the most too carry out this announcement.

Either way we have defiantly caught a scum right? If it looks like no better outcome is for sure, we could always lynch one and either lynch the other tomorrow, or if there is a vig, politely ask them to off the living blocker tonight. Either way we kill a scum with the loss of a blocker. What would be yours guys thoughts on the option?

We don’t know for sure this mysterious blocker only revealed him/herself to Triggs - plenty of members of our party have been rather quiet since these revelations came in the public sphere. There could be another one out there. 

That... sounds like a bad idea. Unless it turns out Hammond and Triggs are both scum, bussing one to “clear” the other, but that seems awful risky from an Imperial standpoint. In which case it’s a great idea.

I say we lynch one, see the flip, and if they were town we lynch the other tomorrow. 

I still want to hear from Triggs about why he was chosen as the “blocker’s” mouthpiece, but right now I’m leaning towards voting for Hammond.

1 hour ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Honestly IMO scum counterclaiming makes no sense for the long run which is why I would believe in the possibility of there being two town blockers. 

Mostly because this is the most reasonable thing Hammond has said all day, and there being two blockers is an incredibly weak defense.

Screw it (as is the pirate tradition!) I’m voting now. 

Vote: Louisisisia Hammond

Patrick, scum will target you regardless, IMO.  Are you counterclaiming, or are you claiming for someone else?  If it’s you, I’ll vote Louisa immediately. If you’re speaking for someone else, I might have doubts.

9 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

You were certainty on the radar, but you weren't the main topic of discussion and voting hasn't even started.

This quote was responding to Louisa...

I suppose there's some interpretation there, but a full five people made comments to the effect that Louisa was one of their top suspects.  Malcolm, Gordon, Geoffrey, Thomas, and Joseph all said something about it.  I do think Louisa panicked, but I don't think you're categorizing the conversation well.  It's reasonable she felt attacked.

9 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

Is this you defending your fellow Imperial scum?

No.  I always give the benefit of first doubt on a claim.

7 hours ago, Timothy Dixon said:

I apologise for my delay folks. A block and no night kill doesn’t automatically mean that the person blocked is guilty. It could have been a protection, two people may have targeted the same player...

Protection is the most natural choice aside from blocking.  I don't get the idea behind two people targeting the same player.

7 hours ago, Timothy Dixon said:

It’s highly unlikely there would be two town blockers in one game.

I certainly agree with this.

6 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

"Some sort" could be just about anything, and of all the things I can think of, multiple town blockers would be pretty low on my list of expectations.

Which suggests that Patrick is telling the truth about the claim.  That claim was not made under duress, which yours was.

A simple enough reason would be that Triggs is going after you, and the town blocker doesn't believe your nonsense about a unique mechanic being multiple town blockers.

I feel like you're sure that Patrick's claim is town, and hoping that by acknowledging that you'll look townie enough not to get lynched.

Vote: Louisa Hammond

Ugh this is a lot to take in. Right now I'm leaning towards lynching Louisa in spite of her role claim which usually I'd never do because that'd be a risky gambit for a scum.. But she got counterclaimed like immediately. It seems logical to me that if Louisa is scum that that would make Timothy less likely to be scum, as well as... obviously the person claiming the protector role who used Pat as an intermediary... But if Louisa is in fact a Townie, then we know that Pat's person is scum, or Pat himself is, and also Timothy is likely one as well. This can't be endgame yet can it? this seems like a lot of information coming out all at once and we have to test it somehow. 

I'm going to vote Louisa and I'll retract my vote if further information comes to light.

12 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

What evidence do you have to back up such a claim? As I see it, this is a poor attempt to divert attention off of you and onto something else.

True, but all of your assumptions have been that an imperial is counter claiming a pirate, and not a pirate counterclaiming an imperial, which puts more risk onto the scum team being found out. You said this yourself!

You also said you’re not for mid-lynchings, yet you felt the Remy vote was initially suspicious Day 2, before deciding it was alright by the end of the day. What changed your mind?

Also, Patrick, who did the blocker you are in contact with block? I don’t believe this has come up, has it? If Louisa isn’t the blocker, and didn’t block Timothy, who did your blocker block?

What defense is there for me to offer? Right now it's basically "he said, she said".

You could have explained why you said / did what you did yesterday since the apparent flip flop and position to look townie was the reason you were under suspicion in the first place.

And this is not helpful either:

9 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

:def_shrug: I dunno. (lol)

14 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

I know for a fact that Louisa is full of the ol' weevil biscuits from head to toe, so I have no problem with Vote: Louisa Hammond

That's a bold statement to make (literally and figuratively).   Between believing you and believing anything Louisa has to say, however, it is a no brainer for me.  Which is why I can understand why someone would claim to you and why I'm curious about Joseph and Malcolm questioning why someone would claim to you specifically.

Vote: Louisa Hammond

4 hours ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

This can't be endgame yet can it?

Don't believe so.  We've still got twelve pirates, which means the numbers should still be in our favour, no?

I know I'm town, So for scum to counterclaim makes know sense. @Patrick Triggs Who's the counterclaimer??? 

Seriously, from the perspective of me being town, what possible scenarios would make sense in this situation.

Also the flip flopping, I already explained myself on that yesterday. At the beginning of yesterday, I wanted to lynch Remy, but was discouraged by the quick construction of agreed consensus that Remy was scum, which didn't feel town led. However after it died down a little bit (probably cause I pointed it out), I felt my suspicion was unwarranted since it hadn't snowballed to level I'd expected, so I went back to believing the wagon was town led.

2 hours ago, Gordon Smith said:

What evidence do you have to back up such a claim? As I see it, this is a poor attempt to divert attention off of you and onto something else.

Like I said, I know I'm town, and I doubt scum would counterclaim, so what else makes sense?

True, but all of your assumptions have been that an imperial is counter claiming a pirate, and not a pirate counterclaiming an imperial, which puts more risk onto the scum team being found out. You said this yourself!

Exactly! So if I'm town, what the heck is going on?

Also, Patrick, who did the blocker you are in contact with block? I don’t believe this has come up, has it? If Louisa isn’t the blocker, and didn’t block Timothy, who did your blocker block?

Good question.

1 hour ago, Jack Alden said:

That's a bold statement to make (literally and figuratively).   Between believing you and believing anything Louisa has to say, however, it is a no brainer for me.  Which is why I can understand why someone would claim to you and why I'm curious about Joseph and Malcolm questioning why someone would claim to you specifically.

??? 

BTW you guys are aware that you shouldn't lynch me until Patrick tells us who counter claimed right? :snicker: Unless you want to see this play out.

10 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Best case scenario for the scum assuming the counterclaimer is scum, Patrick never says who counterclaimed, I get lynched, Patrick gets offed.

Also, what would your thoughts be tomorrow when I flip town after you've lynched me? Would you be 100% sure that the counter claimer is scum?

@Patrick Triggs Who's the counterclaimer??? 

Ooh hoo hoo, this is all kinds of scummy. Even if you are town, that information should be compartmentalized until you were cleared, which you most definitely are not. Trying to goad Triggs into revealing the real blocker so you teammates can off him tonight? If I wasn’t sure you were Imperial scum earlier, I am now. 

Just now, Joseph Finch said:

Ooh hoo hoo, this is all kinds of scummy. Even if you are town, that information should be compartmentalized until you were cleared, which you most definitely are not. Trying to goad Triggs into revealing the real blocker so you teammates can off him tonight? If I wasn’t sure you were Imperial scum earlier, I am now. 

*huh* For real?!

This gonna be happening!!! I bet my life on it!

10 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

2 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

Which is why I can understand why someone would claim to you and why I'm curious about Joseph and Malcolm questioning why someone would claim to you specifically.

If you buy Bartholemews explanation that the blocker claimed to Triggs because he was going after Hammond, you also have to factor in that there were four other people going after Hammond just as likely to be town as Triggs, and that’s why questioning the blockers reasoning to vet their claim as Malcolm and I have done is not particularly suspicious as I see it. Wouldn’t it be more suspicious to take somebody’s claim at face value? Deception is the name of the game. 

9 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

Patrick, scum will target you regardless, IMO.  Are you counterclaiming, or are you claiming for someone else?  If it’s you, I’ll vote Louisa immediately. If you’re speaking for someone else, I might have doubts.

Yes, I am counterclaiming. Strictly speaking, I'm the jailkeeper, so I can take someone to the brig to both protect and block them. I tried to be more subtle about it:

17 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

I know for a fact

14 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

On Night One I blocked Malcolm and on Night Two I blocked Barty (thanks for voting for Louisa already, by the way, Barty). I chose Barty because, entertaining the idea that Louisa is scum, it seems like Barty is a probable buddy considering how the votes went on Day One and how Louisa reacted to them. And here we are: no night kill and a prophylactic claim of blocker.

I want to point out for the record that Geoffrey, Gordon and Henry all took around 24 hours to contribute to this here manuscript after Louisa claimed early in the Day.

Presently Louisa has 5 votes, and Henry has sort of promised to vote for her too, which will leave her with 6.

9 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Yes, I am counterclaiming. Strictly speaking, I'm the jailkeeper

That's not a counter claim. :facepalm: Similar role yes, but not a counter claim. 

However personally I think your telling the truth.

13 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

On Night One I blocked Malcolm and on Night Two I blocked Barty (thanks for voting for Louisa already, by the way, Barty). I chose Barty because, entertaining the idea that Louisa is scum, it seems like Barty is a probable buddy considering how the votes went on Day One and how Louisa reacted to them. And here we are: no night kill and a prophylactic claim of blocker.

So wait, who are you proposing we lynch? Me or Barty?