CMI

Custom Gondor Fountain Guard Minifigures by KORUIT

Another great offerings by KORUIT, who brought us minifigures of Gondor Fountain Guard. Those who were into army building would love this! You could read the review of KORUIT Fountain Guard. Now drool on photos here.
xp138_011-2.jpg
xp138_014.jpg

Edited by CMI

Ooh, these are awesome! I recently got their Gondorian soldiers, had no idea they were gonna make these as well. Time to order a few...

Hopefully they will make Uruk-hai, elves and orcs next.

Edited by General Magma

The Gondorian soldiersā€˜ legs were printed off center. Do these new fountain guards have the same issue?

The helmet is spectacular!

Fountain Guard and the Gondor Knights.
gondor-knights.jpg

Edited by CMI

Do you have any links to the company? If so, Witch King of Angmar! Then Sauron. I'd buy the figures just to use the custom helmet.

My guess is no Sauron/Witch King yet since they are not necessarily army builders, although I would buy a bunch just like i did on these guys.Ā  Since these are at least the 2nd release on these LOTR types, I do have hope for more. You can find more info in the link on the original post.

Yes, I agree they are likely to go for the army builders but then cloners have also done many Star Wars and Super Heroes figures, and TV series such as Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones, that are also not army builders.

Ā 

I just received my Fountain Guards, the helmets are great. Personally, I get rid of the figure parts and just use the armour and helmet supplied with these. I try to use LEGO where possible, then use the custom parts as accessories.

On 3/12/2019 at 6:09 PM, CMI said:

Another great offerings by KORUIT, who brought us minifigures of Gondor Fountain Guard. Those who were into army building would love this! You could read the review of KORUIT Fountain Guard. Now drool on photos here.

Ā 

This is absolutely amazing! I think the minifigures have a great potential for medieval MOCs!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Has anyone tried the new LOTR elves being sold as "Noldo Warrior Golodh" on ali? I've ordered some for the helmets and shields as before (I use genuine figures, but custom accessories).

On 11/5/2019 at 1:12 PM, MAB said:

Has anyone tried the new LOTR elves being sold as "Noldo Warrior Golodh" on ali? I've ordered some for the helmets and shields as before (I use genuine figures, but custom accessories).

THANK you for pointing these out. For an Elf Lover like me, this is incredible! They look amazing. The shields! The bow! The helmets! The dagger! So many ornaments. I am going to order some right away.

1 hour ago, Wardancer said:

THANK you for pointing these out. For an Elf Lover like me, this is incredible! They look amazing. The shields! The bow! The helmets! The dagger! So many ornaments. I am going to order some right away.

I thought you might! I've gone for a dozen, with a mixture of accessories.

Ā 

Since shipping is very high in relation to the actual low price of the figs, I ordered 12 archers, 12 spearmen and 12 with daggers. Otherwise shipping is as much as the figs.

I have been looking for a bow with ornaments for a long time. I dont like so much gold, so painting must be done.

Also the shield is interesting. This is the forth (!) version of an Elven shield I will own. The original Lego one could not really have the leaflike shape, so it looked weird. The Brickwarriors Elven Shield has the shape, but only very basic. And the one by Nicebricks is also ornamental, but not as much.

1 hour ago, Wardancer said:

Since shipping is very high in relation to the actual low price of the figs, I ordered 12 archers, 12 spearmen and 12 with daggers. Otherwise shipping is as much as the figs.

I have been looking for a bow with ornaments for a long time. I dont like so much gold, so painting must be done.

Also the shield is interesting. This is the forth (!) version of an Elven shield I will own. The original Lego one could not really have the leaflike shape, so it looked weird. The Brickwarriors Elven Shield has the shape, but only very basic. And the one by Nicebricks is also ornamental, but not as much.

The store I bought from was "world figures store". For me, the figures were Ā£0.66 each, plus Ā£0.63 shipping for all (this was the same price for any number). Plus there was a coupon for new users, so I re-registered and for six figures it came to about Ā£2.30 including delivery. I did that twice. I tend to keep low value orders to avoid having to pay VAT on imports, as this does get expensive here.

Shipping prices are sometimes a problem on ali. Over a certain amount, I think sellers register the packages and the price jumps significantly.

KORUIT also have some new Uruk-Hai for sale. I quite like them as they are not direct copies of LEGO ones.

My 36 Elven Koruit " Noldo Warrior Golodh" arrived today. Some observations:

1) The print quality varies. The metallic print is real metallic. I can find one strong alignment assymetry as I had on the Gondor soldiers. It is on the ones with the gray color schem.

There are two more small errors and one oddity. The first error is that parts of the edge of the "belt" piece is not fully printed. Maybe half a millimeter is missing. This is a symmetric error and therefore is not very strongly visible. The secod error is an ever so slight misallignment of the right foot print, not very visible though. The oddity is that areas are printed where TLC does not print. Inside the stud holes of the legs, on the backside of the legs, on the backside of the feet and even on the downfacing side of the belt piece it is printed.

Overall, the print is good enough for me to even consider accepting the bodies into my army, but only the ones with the red color scheme. The Gondor guards' bodies I could not accept at all, but the red of these elves' bodies I can. They remind you a little of the china-made TLC figs.

2. The shields are ok, but feel a bit unlegoish. Below the beautiful ornaments the shield looks a bit too thin.

3. The weapons I like a lot. The bow is a nice addition in the realm of third party bows. The quiver is huge and has ornaments, probably the best quiver I know. There is a line visible though inside the plastic, but I will paint the quiver anyway. The spear is finde, it is 1cm longer than the LEGO one. The daggers I like most, their designs are very unique and elvenlike. I noticed many small impurites on all parts, the little remaining "pimples" from the injection into the mold (like most plastic toys have, even Revell and Citadel suffer from this, but LEGO usually does not). Most of them you could cut off with a scalpel or make disappear when painted. So for a customizer like me, this is no problem. I am going to paint a lot because I hate pearl gold, even more when it is mixed with metallix gold.Ā 

4. The capes are useless because of their shape. Better buy some capemadness.

5. Each fig has an extra hand included, pearl gold, useful for MOCs as pearl gold is rare.

6. When I ordered I was not aware that there are two dagger/sword designs. On most pictures on Aliexpress, you cannot see that. One is the visible one that looks like a very big blade. The other one, not really visible on most pictures, has the Hadhafang design. Both are great. So be aware of this difference.

7. The quiver gets in the way of the helmet. This is weird.

8. WARNING: LEGO hands do not fit into these arms. The diameter of TL hands is too thick. Buyers be aware.

Ā 

So in conclusion, I suddenly have 12 nice bodies, which when mixed with real LEGO parts (hands, heads, some gear, better capes) and some paint will look quite fine. Reduce the pearl gold overkill a little and you have great elves. A positive surprise for Elf lovers. I have no idea what to do with the new troops as I just bought them for the weapons, but time will tell... If you can accept the error on the grayish ones, you can use even these.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Wardancer

I just received my first batch. I have some similar impressions. The colour is horrible. The pictures make it look like the shields and helmets are metallic gold, but these are more like pearl gold. Whereas the Gondor soldiers were a metallic silver. Still, never mind I will paint them metallic gold. The helmets are really nice, the shields are probably a bit too detailed but will still look good. I got mainly daggers, and yes these are nice.Ā  I don't mind the capes. They are narrower than LEGO's ones, but with enough of them I can equip an army and for them not to look odd next to the bigger LEGO ones.

Ā 

Overall I am happy with them. I bought them for mainly for the accessories and will sell on the bodies as I prefer to use genuine LEGO for minifigures.

I haven't got around to ordering those yet, so I'd be interested in what you think. I started painting the elves helmets and shields with a metallic gold paint last night. They look so much better with metallic gold than pearl gold.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

I haven't got around to ordering those yet, so I'd be interested in what you think. I started painting the elves helmets and shields with a metallic gold paint last night. They look so much better with metallic gold than pearl gold.

Interesting! Do you have them online to see somewhere?

My first customized Koruit elf is also finished. Expect pictures tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Wardancer said:

Interesting! Do you have them online to see somewhere?

My first customized Koruit elf is also finished. Expect pictures tomorrow.

I'll upload some here once they are finished. I only got time to do the base coat last night, and still have to file off the sprue marks.

I have never ordered from aliexpress.Ā  Do you guys find them good to deal with and is the quality good.Ā  From what I have seen the figs look good and the accessories look great.Ā  I order most of my custom stuff from brick warriors sometimes brick arms.Ā  These seem to be well worth the investment.Ā  Any opinions would be a great help.Ā Ā 

Well, Aliexpress is a platform for many sellers. Mine were always fine so far, no problems at all.Ā aBrickwarriors quality is higher, but Designs are different. Descriptions of Koruit quality you can find in this thread.Ā 

I've found these figures/accessories to be worth checking out. Some are not available from Lego or other 3rd party shops.The cost is minimal when compared to other custom figs/accessories. Great for army building due to the cost. The quality is not up to par with Lego. I can sell off my lego brand figs for top $$ while replacing them with off brand figs on the cheap.Ā  Some you can see the difference, Some are pretty hard to notice the difference. These LOTR figs are great as you can't get most of them in Lego.Ā  If you wind up not liking them, just resell on ebay or other platforms, throw in the trash or give away as freebies. In the few times I encountered a problem ordering from aliexpress, the seller rectified the problem. I'm in the U.S., so ordering from China can take some time for delivery. Currently awaiting delivery of a bunch of uruk's and elves. Here's a pic of some guys that i painted. Forgive me as I'm old and eyesight is going and hands are shaky. :)

IMG_0758-3.jpg

My orcs arrived today:

- the crossbows and bows and quivers are awesome, really uniqie designs I have seen nowhere else in the LEGO customizer's world, expect them with my Dark Elves soon.

- official LEGO hands, again, do not fit into the arms

- print quality is ok, a bit off-center, but no overtly visible printing errors.

- helmets are nice, too