TheBrickBuilder14

[MOC] 1989 Batmobile V2019

Recommended Posts

Recently Cpt. Brick over on Flickr posted his version of the 1989 Batmobile, in it he highlighted one particular area of his Batmobile that set it apart from other Lego models of the same car; he opted to make the front 7 studs wide instead of the usual 6 or 8 that most opt for including myself.

His idea peaked my interest. I immediately started doing some research on the proportions of the original Batmobile and quickly came to the conclusion that he was correct.

I knew what I had to do, I had to find a way to implement the correct proportions into my own 1989 Batmobile design. It took me an entire day to come up with a satisfying design but I am extremely pleased with the final result.
I had to remake a lot of my original model but this also gave me the opportunity to change some areas that I did not like in my own design and to implement some of the newer pieces that Lego have released since.

Here are some images;
 

46625580234_b98bff8587_b.jpg

46625572244_1dff7c49e9_b.jpg

46625569774_133b30e6c8_b.jpg

46625566914_017b975900_b.jpg

47296081132_a8f5e36127_b.jpg

33472728248_90071ee9c0_b.jpg

40383462653_5e956f5f38_b.jpg

46433717365_14e67e68a8_b.jpg

33472740298_c3191fb01c_b.jpg

 

I truly hope that you enjoy my latest rendition of this iconic Batmobile, feedback as always is greatly appreciated.

Lastly I wanted to give Cpt. Brick a shoutout because without him this model would have never came to be so definitely give his page a visit, I promise you will not regret it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's some excellent, grebbletastic work there @TheBrickBuilder14:thumbup: For comparison, I really like that the rear wheels are a size larger than the front's; but, admittedly, I somewhat prefer the overall cleaner aesthetic of your original 1989 design, particularly in how the hood isn't as sunk in below the sides of the car. 

Technique-wise though, it's still an astounding build for its size as always! Keep up the spectacular work!!! :moar:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That's some excellent, grebbletastic work there @TheBrickBuilder14:thumbup: For comparison, I really like that the rear wheels are a size larger than the front's; but, admittedly, I somewhat prefer the overall cleaner aesthetic of your original 1989 design, particularly in how the hood isn't as sunk in below the sides of the car. 

Technique-wise though, it's still an astounding build for its size as always! Keep up the spectacular work!!! :moar:

Thanks! I understand what you mean, the original model did look "cleaner" then this one but I feel the proportions of this one are more accurate to the real car. the hood is an area that I struggled with a bit but overall I am pretty pleased with how it came out.

21 hours ago, HyperLarry said:

Simply fantastic!

Could you post an ariel view?

Thanks! I have an arial shot, not the best image but it will have to do

46635691434_985ec928f5_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awesome upgrade!

the proportion looks very good. the rear katana fins don't convince me... but the utensil frying pan as the air intakes is so brillant!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am quite envious of your Batgarage. Do you keep them assembled or do they get recycled? I imagine a vehicle line up of your MOCs would be impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 11:26 AM, Rustinidiel said:

awesome upgrade!

the proportion looks very good. the rear katana fins don't convince me... but the utensil frying pan as the air intakes is so brillant!!

Thank you very much! Glad you think the frying pan looks great as I had a tough time integrating them in the design. Alfred is probably going mad searching the entire manor to find them though :P

18 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I am quite envious of your Batgarage. Do you keep them assembled or do they get recycled? I imagine a vehicle line up of your MOCs would be impressive.

Glad you like my builds :) Sadly I do recycle my creations so I've never managed to get the lot of them together. Brickvault have a display with all my batmobiles though and it looks pretty nice even if I do say so myself.

4 hours ago, sander1992 said:

That is another great model from you @TheBrickBuilder14. :thumbup:

You have done a marvelous job with the shapes and keeping it at minifigure scale.

Very happy to hear you like it! It is always fun trying to capture all the right angles while keeping it in scale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god the refined shape and details are much better than the previous version! You're a genius, Lucas! :laugh: Is there any chance I can have the instruction for it, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 1:21 PM, Daisy Farrow said:

Oh my god the refined shape and details are much better than the previous version! You're a genius, Lucas! :laugh: Is there any chance I can have the instruction for it, please?

Haha, thank you very much though I am far from a genius :wink: I have in the meantime made instructions and they can be found here; https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-23893/LucasTheBuilder/1989-batmobile/

On 4/7/2019 at 2:54 PM, wilson3a10 said:

This is absolutely stunning 

Cheers! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11 March 2019 at 1:35 PM, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Recently Cpt. Brick over on Flickr posted his version of the 1989 Batmobile, in it he highlighted one particular area of his Batmobile that set it apart from other Lego models of the same car; he opted to make the front 7 studs wide instead of the usual 6 or 8 that most opt for including myself.

His idea peaked my interest. I immediately started doing some research on the proportions of the original Batmobile and quickly came to the conclusion that he was correct.

I knew what I had to do, I had to find a way to implement the correct proportions into my own 1989 Batmobile design. It took me an entire day to come up with a satisfying design but I am extremely pleased with the final result.
I had to remake a lot of my original model but this also gave me the opportunity to change some areas that I did not like in my own design and to implement some of the newer pieces that Lego have released since.

Here are some images;
 

46625580234_b98bff8587_b.jpg

46625572244_1dff7c49e9_b.jpg

46625569774_133b30e6c8_b.jpg

46625566914_017b975900_b.jpg

47296081132_a8f5e36127_b.jpg

33472728248_90071ee9c0_b.jpg

40383462653_5e956f5f38_b.jpg

46433717365_14e67e68a8_b.jpg

33472740298_c3191fb01c_b.jpg

 

I truly hope that you enjoy my latest rendition of this iconic Batmobile, feedback as always is greatly appreciated.

Lastly I wanted to give Cpt. Brick a shoutout because without him this model would have never came to be so definitely give his page a visit, I promise you will not regret it.

 

 

Nice! I like what you did with the swords!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.