CommanderJonny1

[MOC] Officer's Speeder

This isn't much of a MOC, but I think it fulfills a needed role. This floater/speeder was made for the purpose of ferrying dignitaries or other high ranking personnel around bases. While not a combat vehicle, it can operate in an observational role. Two fairly powerful thrusters can propel the floater out of danger or to its destination quickly, while its two cargo boxes contain macrobinoculars and blaster pistols for the occupants' use (either in self defense or in support of others). While not intended as one, this vehicle can be easily converted into a light cargo hauler; this would supplement the sometimes overtaxed Rebel vehicles in moving around supplies and material.

39760838993_6ca255d29b.jpgSW Officer's Speeder #1 by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

31784278927_9e9a660141.jpgSW Officer's Speeder #2 by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

45810282785_21c6c2f23a.jpgSW Officer's Speeder #3 by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

While regular soldiers have their own transports, some times you just need to get somewhere fast.

46197775514_11b9e8a683.jpgSW Officer's Speeder #4 by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

46197775274_854ebdfeef.jpgSW Officer's Speeder #5 by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

39957887753_76f994130f.jpgSW Officer's Speeder #6 by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

Here's some rough shots of the vehicle:

31981508237_733e9bb2f0.jpgSW Officer's Speeder #1(R) by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

39957890413_87224d3686.jpgSW Officer's Speeder #2(R) by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

If anyone wants to build this themselves, here's the instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iFO6gQFDdLmDCi7ibU1wXWmd8qype5iX/view?usp=sharing

Again, any feedback would be appreciated!

I really enjoy the simplicity of the speeder looks.
Also, it's nice to see a non-combat vehicle, and one capturing the right SW feel at that. Nice work.

@Per_SW Thanks! As a franchise with 'Wars' in the title, combat vehicles are a given, but I consider support vehicles for a military (or just in general) to be a must as well. As for the 'SW look', that was nice coincidence on my part :tongue:; I did draw some inspiration (and of course the color scheme) from some Republic speeders, but to be truthful, this was a quick, spur-of-the-moment idea that used pieces I needed to get out of the way.