onecase

[MOC/INSTRUCTION] ISD Monarch

19 minutes ago, treffer21 said:

Is the mini nebulon b and the mini tantive also part of the instruction?

Yes they are :classic:

7 hours ago, treffer21 said:

Can t wait for the instruction. Awesome job again @onecase

Is the mini nebulon b and the mini tantive also part of the instruction?

Yes they will be.

8 hours ago, Zebri said:

hey, where i can buy it, i will it :) :***********

you buy it through email, please stay tuned.

Words can‘t describe how beautiful this thing is. I am tempted to build my first ever Star Wars ISD. ;-)

l really like the little color highlight of the hull!

looking forward for the instructions 

That is utterly amazing! I am holding out hope Lego releases a UCS ISD soon, but I am not sure how I could get it, after seeing this MOC. I am not sure it gets any better than this!

7 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

That is utterly amazing! I am holding out hope Lego releases a UCS ISD soon, but I am not sure how I could get it, after seeing this MOC. I am not sure it gets any better than this!

Thanks, get all two and compare!

7 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

From what I've seen, fan mocs like this usually surpass the quality of TLG UCS sets. Lego designers have to consider price point, build complexity, and other factors. Creators like onecase have absolute freedom to add as much detail and complexity as desired... unhindered.

20 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I'm also excited to see the upcoming Lego ISD in the future. :sweet:

Edited by onecase

On 3/17/2019 at 9:34 PM, Ellisss_2 said:

Wow, beautiful build, the hanger detailing is fantastic! 

Thanks, I tried to represent the studio model as close as possible.

WOW... Having built the Aggressor not too long ago, I really want to build this as well....  Just everything looks perfect and sleek with you signature building traits. 

I just have a small concern, however. While building the Aggressor and other MOC's, small and large, I always had an issue in buying rare pieces that just wasn't possible to get. So for example, the Hinge Tile 1 x 2 1/2 with 2 Fingers on Top and the Death Star Domes (9676) will be a bit hard to get, especially 9676. Do you have recommendations or a list of potential replacements for some rare pieces? 

9 hours ago, Evergreen said:

WOW... Having built the Aggressor not too long ago, I really want to build this as well....  Just everything looks perfect and sleek with you signature building traits. 

I just have a small concern, however. While building the Aggressor and other MOC's, small and large, I always had an issue in buying rare pieces that just wasn't possible to get. So for example, the Hinge Tile 1 x 2 1/2 with 2 Fingers on Top and the Death Star Domes (9676) will be a bit hard to get, especially 9676. Do you have recommendations or a list of potential replacements for some rare pieces? 

There were quite a few 9676 sets on eBay when I looked a couple of days ago. In fact someone was selling 2 complete Death Stars taken from two of these sets for £10.99 for both, free shipping. So I bought them as I’m planning to build the Monarch too.

23 minutes ago, Rubblemaker said:

There were quite a few 9676 sets on eBay when I looked a couple of days ago. In fact someone was selling 2 complete Death Stars taken from two of these sets for £10.99 for both, free shipping. So I bought them as I’m planning to build the Monarch too.

Ah ok. Just took a look and the prices for some are a bit hefty for two. I just decided to get the domes with the indent of the superlaser from bricklink. They were only for $0.50 from the buyer I got. Thank you for your suggestion though!

Edited by Evergreen
Forgot to write thank you

17 hours ago, Evergreen said:

9676 and 4531 will be an issue for those who want to build my Monarch.

Though I cannot replace those particular bricks to others, since they are unique shapes. Maybe you can try spray paint other planet series domes for 9676.

6 hours ago, onecase said:

Though I cannot replace those particular bricks to others, since they are unique shapes. Maybe you can try spray paint other planet series domes for 9676.

I see. Well for the 9676 I got 3 of the domes with the superlaser indent for $0.50. Does it really matter which dome piece I use?

7 hours ago, onecase said:

I guess you could just go for regular 1x2 tiles? But then you won't have such an accented rim. Any thoughts on how many you need btw? I counted to 124 but maybe there's more somewhere?

25 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

I see. Well for the 9676 I got 3 of the domes with the superlaser indent for $0.50. Does it really matter which dome piece I use?

No, no difference except the superlaser. Which you can rotate so it shows as little as possible.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:10 PM, Evergreen said:

Another one you might wanna keep an eye out for is the 4424 half barrel, which appears to be used in the four smaller engines. They really do look fantastic and accurate, but since they were only in set 10030 they tend to fetch a pretty penny. I'm hoping the rumored UCS set this year brings them back. If not, a super cheap replacement is wheel 56145, which is what the Aggressor uses. Or if you don't mind spray painting, other colors of half barrels are plentiful.

6 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Another one you might wanna keep an eye out for is the 4424 half barrel, which appears to be used in the four smaller engines. They really do look fantastic and accurate, but since they were only in set 10030 they tend to fetch a pretty penny. I'm hoping the rumored UCS set this year brings them back. If not, a super cheap replacement is wheel 56145, which is what the Aggressor uses. Or if you don't mind spray painting, other colors of half barrels are plentiful.

Just curious, could the current Aggressor engines be replaced with the Death Star halves? I’ve not seen your ISD instructions yet so I don’t know how yours are built but I can see they are brick built rather that one piece. I don’t know if the scale is off though if connecting the domes were possible.

10 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Yes, I forgot about 4424 half barrel. Thanks for pointing them out Raskolnikov. Those bricks are also visually accurate but rare. 56145 is little smaller than 4424, but that's the closest it can get. Me personally, would rather do the paint job instead. :) 

15 hours ago, danielwerner said:

I guess you could just go for regular 1x2 tiles? But then you won't have such an accented rim. Any thoughts on how many you need btw? I counted to 124 but maybe there's more somewhere?

No, no difference except the superlaser. Which you can rotate so it shows as little as possible.

124 is correct. it's better to put 1x3 tiles instead. 1x2 would have too much gap. and you are right about the dome, you can use the domes with superlaser.