onecase

[MOC/INSTRUCTION] ISD Monarch

Hi, this is onecase.

I have completed my first moc of 2019. Introducing the Imperial Star Destroyer 'Monarch'

It took me 3 months to design it, and 2 months building it. brick count 11300, 118 x 71 x 39cm

No interior, No gimmicks. Only focused on the proportions and details. Tried to represent the original model as close as possible.

1500 pages of Instructions are now available.

contact namaskaar@naver.com for purchase.

Thank you.

47266515302_e1e8b194e6_b.jpgISD Monarch by one case, on Flickr

47266515552_f7f7aa306f_b.jpgISD Monarch by one case, on Flickr

40353848023_a446632c28_b.jpgISD Monarch by one case, on Flickr

40353848363_b9d0748002_b.jpgISD Monarch by one case, on Flickr

47266514992_8c15b47e7f_b.jpgISD Monarch by one case, on Flickr

47266515112_3f51f6a576_b.jpgISD Monarch by one case, on Flickr

40353846253_3016db5a42_b.jpgISD Monarch by one case, on Flickr

47266515492_1d7b3b7cc4_b.jpgISD Monarch by one case, on Flickr

46627751145_a5df1910f8_c.jpgRebels in Monarch set by one case, on Flickr

46627750335_b9495904e4_c.jpgRebels in Monarch set by one case, on Flickr

40353846663_b641c4d525_b.jpgISD Monarch by one case, on Flickr

40362829033_cf0d298b84_b.jpgEmpire Destroyers by one case, on Flickr

32445500697_546c2bd409_b.jpgISD Monarch by one case, on Flickr

Edited by onecase

Good god! Just...... speechless. I think after the Chimeara this has to be the most beautiful SD moc I’ve ever seen. I was about to build the Aggressor, I think I may wait for your instructions instead. Just incredible. Thank god you posted this a day after my midi scale SD Moc, mine looks like a duplo toy compared to this!

extremely beautiful, and I knew the 3 main thruster is from the planet like 75007, but to acquire light grey one, it will be some rare

WHOA. This is beautiful; but now I can't decide if I prefer this or Raskolnikov's (ISD Aggressor) version. I don't want to sound rude by comparing too much, but I won't have space for both and I think both are equally impressive builds.

A few questions:

1. How much does it weight, approximately?

2. How stable is it? Will is break when touched? :)

3. Are any parts super-rare?

Thanks, and again - what an awesome MOC (as per usual with your creations).

1. pretty heavy but haven't weighted yet.

2.won't break when touched.

3. some of them are rare but it's replaceable with other colours. 

Edited by onecase

How come all the turbo lasers are the same? The rear one on each side is different.

Speechless!!! Huge fan...Looking forward for the instructions. Thank you for your great works.

This looks amazing! With some of the shots I feel like I'm looking at the studio model. Some of the shots look like they've been taken right from the movie, it must very accurate proportion wise as well! I love it.

Amazing! It just completely drawfs your ssd!

Found a wikia about it, who says its a VSD lol

Edited by Reaper

Great design !

I love the mini RBR too.

I would love to see how you built the inside of the ship (I always miss that on most MOC presentation on EB).

8 hours ago, cavegod said:

How come all the turbo lasers are the same? The rear one on each side is different.

I never knew that, can you show me the reference image?

12 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

Good god! Just...... speechless. I think after the Chimeara this has to be the most beautiful SD moc I’ve ever seen. I was about to build the Aggressor, I think I may wait for your instructions instead. Just incredible. Thank god you posted this a day after my midi scale SD Moc, mine looks like a duplo toy compared to this!

Thanks, your mid SD looks great as well-

2 hours ago, onecase said:

Thanks. :)

Will you be putting instructions on Rebrickable when they’re ready?

5 hours ago, onecase said:

I never knew that, can you show me the reference image?

I believe this confusion is due to the fact there were two major ISD versions, the Mark I used in the New Hope era and then Mark II used from Empire Strikes Back and onwards:

This is the roughly 1-meter long Mark I:

latest?cb=20130310064258

IMG_1543.jpg

And the better known, almost doubly sized Mark II:

Star-Destroyer_ab6b94bb.jpeg?region=0,0,

IMG_0092.jpg

(Note: this is the less-detailed starboard size, detailing was assymetrical on both models).

Back when I was building the Chimaera, I could easily list over twenty differences between the ships. Now the memory is a bit fading, but different main batteries are definitely one of the differences, along with angling of the bridge tower, angling of radar domes and the orientation (horizontal vs vertical) of the linear sensor array.

Since your ship has more traits of the Mark II (altough bridge angle is from Mark I) the batteries you used are correct. 

Now, the build. As usual, it is fantastic. Given the techniques used I can boldly say it cannot be done any significantly better. Even if you corrected the minimal Mark I vs Mark II differences, nobody except few maniacs like me would see any difference. My usual nitpick goes for the studs at the edges which simply should not be there, but then the surface you got with varying types of tiles is vastly better than one made with sideways-built bricks. It is a tough call and now I know that whenever I steer back to building ISDs, the Next Ultimate Thing has to have your tiled surface with, somehow, smooth studless edges. 

My favourite detail have to be the engine "bowls". You scaled entire ship to them, right? Because this is how well they fit! 

Great job, as usual!

7 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

Thanks. :)

Will you be putting instructions on Rebrickable when they’re ready?

Yes I will.

4 hours ago, Jerac said:

(Note: this is the less-detailed starboard size, detailing was assymetrical on both models).

Back when I was building the Chimaera, I could easily list over twenty differences between the ships. Now the memory is a bit fading, but different main batteries are definitely one of the differences, along with angling of the bridge tower, angling of radar domes and the orientation (horizontal vs vertical) of the linear sensor array.

Since your ship has more traits of the Mark II (altough bridge angle is from Mark I) the batteries you used are correct. 

Now, the build. As usual, it is fantastic. Given the techniques used I can boldly say it cannot be done any significantly better. Even if you corrected the minimal Mark I vs Mark II differences, nobody except few maniacs like me would see any difference. My usual nitpick goes for the studs at the edges which simply should not be there, but then the surface you got with varying types of tiles is vastly better than one made with sideways-built bricks. It is a tough call and now I know that whenever I steer back to building ISDs, the Next Ultimate Thing has to have your tiled surface with, somehow, smooth studless edges. 

My favourite detail have to be the engine "bowls". You scaled entire ship to them, right? Because this is how well they fit! 

Great job, as usual!

Thanks for the reference images Jerac, I knew the sensor array was the main difference, but never knew about the batteries.

As a fan of your work Chimaera, your compliment means a lot. Thanks!

On 3/10/2019 at 12:30 PM, danielwerner said:

WHOA. This is beautiful; but now I can't decide if I prefer this or Raskolnikov's (ISD Aggressor) version. I don't want to sound rude by comparing too much, but I won't have space for both and I think both are equally impressive builds.

A few questions:

1. How much does it weight, approximately?

2. How stable is it? Will is break when touched? :)

3. Are any parts super-rare?

Thanks, and again - what an awesome MOC (as per usual with your creations).

As someone who has built both the Aggressor and Onecase's Executor, you can't go wrong with either choice.  Both are superb builders who make incredible designs. 

In terms of the Aggressor vs the Monarch, I think it depends on what you put the most emphasis on.  The Monarch looks to be almost perfect in terms of scale and proportions.  It has that ultra slim, razor look.  The down side of that is I don't know if the greebling stands out as much (if you love greebles like I do).  The Aggressor on the other hand, is a bit beefier for having an interior, and the greebling really pops, though the proportions are not as accurate.  You do get a really sweet interior though.

In my opinion, Onecase's style for the Executor was perfection; the best rendition I've seen at any piece count.  For the ISD, I prefer the style of the Aggressor just for the fun factor. 

You can't go wrong :)

1 hour ago, Schneeds said:

As someone who has built both the Aggressor and Onecase's Executor, you can't go wrong with either choice.  Both are superb builders who make incredible designs. 

In terms of the Aggressor vs the Monarch, I think it depends on what you put the most emphasis on.  The Monarch looks to be almost perfect in terms of scale and proportions.  It has that ultra slim, razor look.  The down side of that is I don't know if the greebling stands out as much (if you love greebles like I do).  The Aggressor on the other hand, is a bit beefier for having an interior, and the greebling really pops, though the proportions are not as accurate.  You do get a really sweet interior though.

In my opinion, Onecase's style for the Executor was perfection; the best rendition I've seen at any piece count.  For the ISD, I prefer the style of the Aggressor just for the fun factor. 

You can't go wrong :)

That's very true. Both builders have completely different building styles. Both inside and outside are very different, even though they represent the same model (a Star Destroyer). And there is certainly no 'best' design. They're so different, they're both great in their own right.

Like choosing between a Ferrari or a Lamborghini :tongue:

On 3/11/2019 at 10:15 AM, Anio said:

Great design !

I love the mini RBR too.

I would love to see how you built the inside of the ship (I always miss that on most MOC presentation on EB).

Thanks, I'll add some progress shots later.

On 3/11/2019 at 9:41 AM, m4st3rt3ch said:

Fantastic MOC! The snotless design is wonderful, i wish LEGO would finally produce wedge tiles.

That would be awesome just to think about it.

Can t wait for the instruction. Awesome job again @onecase

Is the mini nebulon b and the mini tantive also part of the instruction?