stifos

[MOC] another Millennium Falcon - 2023 update

:wub:  This is starting to feel almost bittersweet for me. You are doing exactly what i was hoping to have done one day. And you are doing it better than I think i could have :innocent2: So I can just sit back and watch... which is all I have time for anyway :ugh:

A little sneak peek of what the final design will look like!

Fortunately, I got the surface details working much faster then I thought.
So much fun to play around with alternatives when you have infinite bricks in all colors without waiting for Bricklink orders :D.
But I didn't expected the two designs being that much similar, besides the details.

Still not finished because I am going to check the inner structure and strength before coming to an end with this. 

32695422297_61eceb93eb_c.jpg
Millennium Falcon LDD - Sneak Peek by sti fos, auf Flickr

Incredible! The colours, angles, greenling and overall shaping are just superb. I’m looking forward to the final product, I’ve run out of superlatives though so when I finally see it I might just explode!

Happy Star Wars day! 

thank you so much for the support. Finally I can present the finished stud.io MOC.
As you may noticed, there are some minor updates. I am pretty happy with the result. It also worked out quite well building this in stud.io. I think until i didn't rebuild the Stud.io version in real life (a simple instruction file is in progress ;-)) , there may be hidden conflicts . 

But I already  want to share the file with you: download at bricklink

If you like to try yourself I what love to see your modifications! In my opinion this model is still "basic enough" to change or replace certain parts.

Now the key facts :

Total Bricks: 3335 
Demensions : 56 studs long (44,6cm); 41 studs wide (32,8cm) and 27 studs high (22,2cm)

Pictures:

32828164907_e62018c87d_b.jpgstifos - Millennium Falcon - overview side by sti fos, auf Flickr

32828164307_867767cdef_b.jpg
stifos - Millennium Falcon - overview front-back by sti fos, auf Flickr

32828163747_200be91d66_b.jpg
stifos - Millennium Falcon - overview bottom/top by sti fos, auf Flickr

More pictures at my flickr album: stifos - millennium falcon 2.0

Edited by stifos

Amazing work, congratulations on completing it, she looks truly excellent! I wondered if you’d post the model today, Im happy you did and I have to say it’s the best Star Wars day present I’ve ever had. May the 4th be with you!

I am mindblown to say at least. Fantastic design, spectacular presentation and massive generosity.

To me its the best rendition of that ship yet!

It has the comic style matching the minifig universe and proportions.

Even if i love my ucs mf and marshall banana’s one, they’re too « serious ».

yours is just FUN.

and free instructions i am glad to get for later, thx a lot!

@mcphatty, @Kristof, Thank you so much! I appreciate your comments!

I did a tiny update to the step order in the model to make the instructions better working. (still not finished but better for steps)

update

@teos thanks, of course I had a look on plenty of the other designs people worked out. Without those this design would not have been possible!

2 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

To me its the best rendition of that ship yet!

It has the comic style matching the minifig universe and proportions.

Even if i love my ucs mf and marshall banana’s one, they’re too « serious ».

yours is just FUN.

and free instructions i am glad to get for later, thx a lot!

Thank you @Lfm55 you really got. the point! That was what I was hoping to build. A fun and detailed version of the falcon that fits to the common lego set scale. 

... although I am afraid I have to Update the Details in all my common Lego Sets now...

Edited by stifos

Is there an LDD version, perhaps? Just asking. 

Spectacular work. Is it wrong that I like this more than the 10,000 part behemoths?

*Edit* Is there something wrong with the download link over on Blicklink? I click it and nothing happens.

Edited by ProvenceTristram

hey @ProvenceTristram, I just tried the download link on Bricklink, worked fine for me, hopefully it works for you aswell later.
to your Question: well, stud.io offers an .ldr export, don't now if that works with Lego digital Designer?? 

6 minutes ago, stifos said:

hey @ProvenceTristram, I just tried the download link on Bricklink, worked fine for me, hopefully it works for you aswell later.
to your Question: well, stud.io offers an .ldr export, don't now if that works with Lego digital Designer?? 

Hmm. The download isn't working for me either on Chrome or Internet Explorer. 

I don't suppose you could upload the studio io file somewhere else for me? Like here https://uploadfiles.io/ ?

I would prefer bricklink for sharing , But if download problems still occur let me know and I will see what to do about an extra upload.

Hey @stifos,

Excellent work on the Falcon; I almost did not recognize the 7965 anymore! :wink:

I made a BrickLink wanted list and found out that use a fair amount of bricks that do not exist in certain colours. Are you planning on refining your model so that it's buildable?

Thanx!

1 hour ago, base_1 said:

Hey @stifos,

Excellent work on the Falcon; I almost did not recognize the 7965 anymore! :wink:

I made a BrickLink wanted list and found out that use a fair amount of bricks that do not exist in certain colours. Are you planning on refining your model so that it's buildable?

Thanx!

Hey @base_1

thanks for mention. I try to get rid of the conflict coloures while working on a usable pdf instruction. In most cases I think those bricks are not directly visible thats why I ignored them while Modeling. 

Hey @stifos

There are some very vissible like the 4139's LBG at the front of the ship.

Do you need a hand identifying the pieces?

@base_1, thank you I appreciate. I feel sorry for the incomplete model (I wanted to share so badly :D ) maybe I should have waited a week. anyway I updated the parts list+ I had to change the Connection at the corners of the gunnerbays. Now the only missing Brick on Bricklink is the keyboard tile I used at the Mainhold which is strange because I have it. maybe it is the wrong number?

If you want to have a look at the updated partslist.csv. for uploading a new model I want to finish instructions first, so it will take a little while.

Edited by stifos

5 hours ago, stifos said:

I feel sorry for the incomplete model...

Dare you apologize for a thing...! :D Everyone is glad you shared it and I think some collective feedback may actually yield even more optimized result than if you waited longer and strived for perfection before publishing.

4 hours ago, Kristof said:

Dare you apologize for a thing...! :D Everyone is glad you shared it and I think some collective feedback may actually yield even more optimized result than if you waited longer and strived for perfection before publishing.

HAHA, thank you very much! maybe you are right! the optimized result and who knows what great mods of you guys is  what I am really looking forward to :D

Edited by stifos

Hey @stifos

I totally agree with @Kristof; please do not appologize for such a great piece of work!

And I think the keyboard piece you are looking for might be 3069bpb030

I'll check your CSV later!

Good luck with your work on the instructions and the model!

Greetings!

BTW: does anyone know a way to import a CSV in BrickLink (wanted list)?

Edited by base_1

To shorten things ;) ...
I had a quite good run this week. so finally here you go: bricklink: stifos - Millennium Falcon - MOC+Instructions

rebrickable: stifos-mf (selloption only for donation purpose. BrickLink Model+instructions still free)

46916087025_b6c1291229_c.jpg
stifos - Millennium Falcon - Instructions available by sti fos, auf Flickr

I hope it works for you guys. As said before. this is my first ever made moc, so are the instructions. There definitely be some technical solution which can be improved! 

I list the credits again: I need to give credits to all the models that inspired me most. So big credits to @Kit Bricksto, @Inthert, Joerg Kuehni, @Frenk512 and @mcphatty (especially for his cockpit design). Many of their details ended up in this Falcon. As many of you already noticed I also loved to see what mods people did to the great UVS Millennium Falcon and I tried to get as much detail of the UCS into this scale as possible.

I share this moc because I want to see how this can evolve to an even better version. 

I feel honored by everyone who tries building this falcon himself and I would love to see your modifications! Please keep me updated with your Ideas and creations.

And most of all I hope you will have fun with this one!

stifos.

- Note due to missing bricks in stud.io : you have to exchange 3069bp80 with 3069bpb030; 47543 with 47543pb05; 3960 with 3960pb021.

Edited by stifos

Dude... that picture looks good! :wub: Am I missing something or is there no actual pdf file with the instructions? I see the Bricklink generated one, but that one just keeps 'fetching bricks' for me :D I feel like this model is cool enough to absolutely deserve an actual instructions book.

On that note, is there any way I could forward a few bucks to you as as a gesture of thanks for your efforts? I know you share it for free, but I would still like some option to make a small donation.