stifos

[MOC] another Millennium Falcon - 2023 update

@Kristof, Thank you very much!

I don‘t know if you are able to Upload a pdf into the stud.io file or to BrickLink. But if you open the Model and go into instructions/PageMode you should be able to export a layouted pdf instructions.

Also if really like to donate a few bucks pm me and I will send you my paypal. In return I can send you the original pdf instructions if you like.

Edited by stifos

On 5/12/2019 at 3:09 PM, stifos said:

To shorten things ;) ...
I had a quite good run this week. so finally here you go: bricklink: stifos - Millennium Falcon - MOC+Instructions

46916087025_b6c1291229_c.jpg
stifos - Millennium Falcon - Instructions available by sti fos, auf Flickr

I hope it works for you guys. As said before. this is my first ever made moc, so are the instructions. There definitely be some technical solution which can be improved! 

I list the credits again: I need to give credits to all the models that inspired me most. So big credits to @Kit Bricksto, @Inthert, Joerg Kuehni, @Frenk512 and @mcphatty (especially for his cockpit design). Many of their details ended up in this Falcon. As many of you already noticed I also loved to see what mods people did to the great UVS Millennium Falcon and I tried to get as much detail of the UCS into this scale as possible.

I share this moc because I want to see how this can evolve to an even better version. 

I feel honored by everyone who tries building this falcon himself and I would love to see your modifications! Please keep me updated with your Ideas and creations.

And most of all I hope you will have fun with this one!

stifos.

- Note due to missing bricks in stud.io : you have to exchange 3069bp80 with 3069bpb030; 47543 with 47543pb05; 3960 with 3960pb021.

Great Model!!

I used your link to Bricklink, and did an "Easybuy". Unfortunately it shows one more time how corrupted the "Easybuy" function in Bricklink is.

On 5/13/2019 at 6:06 PM, Midlife-crisis said:

Great Model!!

I used your link to Bricklink, and did an "Easybuy". Unfortunately it shows one more time how corrupted the "Easybuy" function in Bricklink is.

Thank you very much!

is there a difference in the prices for the partslist when sharing on rebrickable aswell? I only saw you are able to upload pdf instructions there.

edit: @Midlife-crisis I uploaded the moc+partslist to rebrickable.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-24884/stifos/stifos-mf/

Edited by stifos

@stifos Thanks for the mention! The model is incredible, I’ve spent a couple of house looking inside and out at the Stud.io file, very impressive! Apart from the overall shape I think my favourite details are the padded tunnels, they look so good. I can’t afford the £800+ for all the parts so I think I might try to rework the retail Falcon to support your exterior, it’s going to be a very long project.

1 hour ago, mcphatty said:

@stifos Thanks for the mention! The model is incredible, I’ve spent a couple of house looking inside and out at the Stud.io file, very impressive! Apart from the overall shape I think my favourite details are the padded tunnels, they look so good. I can’t afford the £800+ for all the parts so I think I might try to rework the retail Falcon to support your exterior, it’s going to be a very long project.

"Unfortunately it shows one more time how corrupted the "Easybuy" function in Bricklink is."

~250€ in Austria without shipping costs for 99% of parts.

On 5/17/2019 at 6:02 AM, mcphatty said:

hey @mcphatty, glad you like the model. As @Midlife-crisis said maybe you can be more lucky finding parts over rebrickable. I think you could do a good job just picking out some parts of the stud.io model and combine with your one. So if you look into the result of my brick built moc it is quite similar but uses much more of the pieces I had from my falcon 7965 and 7190.

@Jerry McGlade thank you very much! I'd be honored to see some parts taking place in you ucs!

Hey Stifos,

I really like your take on the Millenium Falcon! The combination of the playset's scale and the building techniques more commonly seen in large scale or even UCS models of the ship is really refreshing. I honestly can't remember ever seeing something like it before. I feel like the cockpit's scale-issues stick out here even more than in the playsets but that really only is a compliment for the rest of the model! Everything else here looks so great that the cockpit sticks out but I feel like that's a compromise this model can very well live with!

Also, I'm glad I could inspire you here! :) In fact this model and the upgraded Marshal Banana Falcon have motivated me to revisit my dormant WIP, so thanks in return! :D

Keep up the great work! Got any plans to improve other Star Wars ship at playset-scale? :)

Hey @Kit Bricksto! Awesome, Thank you very much! I totally agree with the cockpit scale issue, I am not sure if its possible to design ab brickbuilt cockpit like some people did for the UCS or some X-Wings that are around. But maybe worth a try! 

There are no fix plans for next Lego Set improvements yet. There is an At-At and a sandcrawler looking at me and I see me comparing sizes of the playset falcon vs the x-wing where I think the X-wing needs to be an inch smaller :D... but not sure if this is possible, although there are plenty of awesome designs out there already!

I would love to see you working on your falcon again!

On 5/26/2019 at 12:56 PM, stifos said:

Hey @Kit Bricksto! Awesome, Thank you very much! I totally agree with the cockpit scale issue, I am not sure if its possible to design ab brickbuilt cockpit like some people did for the UCS or some X-Wings that are around. But maybe worth a try! 

There are no fix plans for next Lego Set improvements yet. There is an At-At and a sandcrawler looking at me and I see me comparing sizes of the playset falcon vs the x-wing where I think the X-wing needs to be an inch smaller :D... but not sure if this is possible, although there are plenty of awesome designs out there already!

I would love to see you working on your falcon again!

Yeah,  I tried finding a brick-built solution for a cockpit of this size but failed.. That doesn't mean that it is impossible though by any means! There are far more skilled builders out there than me, so give it a shot! You've already managed to stuff so much detail into this relatively small model, I wouldn't be surprised if you manage to create a smaller more accurate cockpit too!

An AT-AT and a Sandcrawler at a similar scale to your Falcon would be awesome! I'd love to see what you could do with the interior of those things considering what you were able to squeeze into this one! I agree about the scale of the X-Wing. The Lego sets always seemed too big to me too. Especially if you compare them to other ships like the playscale Falcon.

Happy to hear that! I must admit that I am very seriously considering completly rethinking the structure of the model and starting over with most of it right from the beginning again. It just feels too cobbled together and is not really structurally sound.. I can pick it up with two hands but I don't really like how much it bends and creaks when I do.. :D

@stifos thank you very much for creating pdf instructions for this beautiful MOC. I'm an especially huge fan of the collaborative process you adopted with @mcphatty, his cockpit console is a wonderful addition. I purchased the instructions from you some months ago but it's pretty tricky gathering all the parts from Bricklink down under. I noticed some of the steps in the instructions have shifted the digital model of the falcon so that you can not actually see the part of the model you are working on. I'll post here again soon with the specific steps, and some pictures of the finished Falcon when it's done.

I wonder if you've given any thought to modifying it into the TFA Falcon, or maybe even the Falcon from Solo? 

Keep up the great work, I look forward to whatever you do next!

Hey @Bricktastrophe, thank you so much! Indeed I changed some parts at the rebrickable partslist to more common ones. I know there are still some tricky parts, be sure most of them are not necessary for the construction so theese are possible to change.

If you have any issues with the steps let me know. I already noticed there are some tricky steps.

btw. I guess not many of us can read korean. But Lee Kwangbok made review along the building steps also with some partshiftings. Maybe the pictures over there can help aswell.

59 minutes ago, Bricktastrophe said:

I wonder if you've given any thought to modifying it into the TFA Falcon, or maybe even the Falcon from Solo? 

I was not quite a fan of the solo version but since there are some great new Falcons  in midi- and Minifig-scale around the last month, I might have a look at mine during winter. 

This model has an impressive interior. I like a lot the corridor in the back. 

As a playing model it's very well done!

On 11/29/2019 at 4:37 PM, stifos said:

Hey @Bricktastrophe, thank you so much! Indeed I changed some parts at the rebrickable partslist to more common ones. I know there are still some tricky parts, be sure most of them are not necessary for the construction so theese are possible to change.

If you have any issues with the steps let me know. I already noticed there are some tricky steps.

btw. I guess not many of us can read korean. But Lee Kwangbok made review along the building steps also with some partshiftings. Maybe the pictures over there can help aswell.

I was not quite a fan of the solo version but since there are some great new Falcons  in midi- and Minifig-scale around the last month, I might have a look at mine during winter. 

Hey Stifos,

I can't read Korean but Google does, so thanks a heap. I finally have time to chase down the last couple of hundred pieces, so hopefully I'll have it done in the next month or so. 

Classic falcon is my favourite too- I intend on buying the new Tusken v skyhopper microfighter and Obi Wans hut just for the skyhopper pilot helmet, training droid and Leia hologram so I can recreate the A New Hope Falcon. I didn't love the Solo version, but I thought the TFA version was a sensible design update. 

I was wondering what reference material you used in getting the details just right? I have the Owner's technical manual and wondered if you'd seen a copy, or maybe just used the DK vehicle guides?

Yes google is your friend translating! I need to translate aswell.

On 12/26/2019 at 2:17 PM, Bricktastrophe said:

I was wondering what reference material you used in getting the details just right? I have the Owner's technical manual and wondered if you'd seen a copy, or maybe just used the DK vehicle guides?

Actually I wanted to get the owners technical manual too but then I was impatient and started designing right a way with everything google and and all the great ucs mocs gave me. 
I‘d also say the idea was more to get the Overall concept right. Because due to the size and playing around with somehow matching proportions the solution is still quite abstract.

But I am thinking to redesign some greebling around the falcon .

18 months later and I've finally finished this build (mostly). The design is fantastic - the build is so heavy, so intricate, but strong enough to hold its shape. This is a great midway between the official system scale sets and the UCS Millenium Falcon.

The parts list is pretty good, but there were a few parts that just weren't available in Australia; the tyres inside the mandible access points for example haven't been available at all since I started this build 18 months ago, and some of the older wedge plates were hard to track down in any quantity. I think your design decisions were great though; all of the rare parts that remained inn your build deserved to be there and distinguish it from other Millenium Falcon builds. I think it will go nicely with the 20th anniversary edition Slave 1, which is a similar scale.

My photos are too large for Eurobricks but they're available here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQNPwm4J-6Z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The crates that you included in your original build, before the instructions were created- do you think you could upload some more photos of those so that I can copy them?

Thanks again for sharing this great build with the community! Very proud to have it in my collection. It fits in with builds from all the other best Star Wars MOC designers like Jerac.Lego and Inthert.

Edited by Bricktastrophe

Hi @Bricktastrophe

Great to hear you Made it. I know it was challanging. In I‘ll Update my Falcon I‘d definetaly try to Go for simpler solutions. But your looks Great. Thanks for Sharing

Im not sure if I got you right. But the crates you see in the back chamber are the going with 7965 and 7190. 

51257881492_9654e1526b_z.jpgA14BE318-0DDA-4B81-99CE-13B8369E4D98 by sti fos, auf Flickr

51259650315_6f2c93efb8_z.jpg1D6B769E-31EF-4FDB-BD27-58B76EDE08FC by sti fos, auf Flickr

@stifosNo issues with the design mate, just parts availability. In the first couple of photos of your build before you redesigned it in stud.io there were some custom designed, brick-built crates, but all good mate, I'll design my own!

52684826419_8a8de2e84f_z.jpg
Millennium Falcon III - Cover by sti fos, auf Flickr

hey there! long time no see.

I'd like to share some improvements on the model which more less required a complete rebuild.

Yes, it's still the falcon...
only some studs bigger than my old model of 2019 but this one comes with a lot updates and features a complete new covering. 
It took about 2 years on an off working on this one.

This time I tried to get as close as possible to the circle form 
and I tried to close most of the gabs on the covering.

The model features many ucs styled details within a scale that fits on every shelf. 
Due to the system scale the proportions are still a bit bulk. therefore it has a full interior!

The model is more strength now. E.g. the cover slices can be fixed in position.
Still this is more a display model than play model.

I tried to built the instructions as much understandable as possible. But as I am  a not the best practiced builder, there can be tough sections here and there. 

funfacts:
3985 Parts
57x 42 Studs
2.450kg

If you own my moc from 2019 you already have about 60-70% of pieces.
You' ll also get a discount for the new instructions! pm me

here you go:
Rebrickable: partlist + instructions pdf

Stud.io file on request
also I can share different part lists for the model without interior 
or inner structure only if you want to try to build it with your own covering.

for more pictures check out the flickr album: stifos - Millennium Falcon Part III

52684551486_fc169a279c_z.jpg

52685050473_8c0d5dac5f_z.jpg

52696933465_d1cfd0aa57_z.jpg

Edited by stifos

Interior looks incredible, my only complain is the holes in the mandibles look a bit big, but unless Lego makes arches that can create a 3x3 hole, it doesnt seem like that can be fixed at all. Amazing MOC regardless and really stands out in the sea of Falcons.

On 2/27/2023 at 3:41 AM, Sucram said:

Interior looks incredible, my only complain is the holes in the mandibles look a bit big, but unless Lego makes arches that can create a 3x3 hole, it doesnt seem like that can be fixed at all. Amazing MOC regardless and really stands out in the sea of Falcons.

thank you very much. But Yes, you re right with that. Working with slopes is another way to geht them a little smaler but I decided to Go with the round holes more than the correct size .