[MOC] another Millennium Falcon - 2023 update

52684826419_8a8de2e84f_z.jpg
Millennium Falcon III - Cover by sti fos, auf Flickr

Hey there!

long time no see!

check the pictures of latest version and Instructions with this post:

52684551486_fc169a279c_z.jpg

Millennium Falcon III - vertical stand by sti fos, auf Flickr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Content of 2019

For Download and INSTRUCTIONS (2019) see this POST

48211677036_3be87d65e1_c.jpgstifos - Millennium Falcon - Brickbuilt by sti fos, auf Flickr

32828164907_e62018c87d_c.jpg
stifos - Millennium Falcon - overview side by sti fos, auf Flickr
download model on page 2

Hey there!

finally I am able to share my first Lego MOC.

Which started as modding the original 7965 Set ended up a with a little more changes than expected.

first of All big credits to Kit Bricksto (did the Falcon ever finish?) , Inthert (Systemscale and interior), Joerg Kuehni (Mandibles), Fenk512(docking rings) which inspired me most and many of their details ended up in this Falcon. I also love to see what people do in the great UCS Millennium Falcon Mod Topic.

Well, the reasons for choosing the Falcon in systemscale are quite simple: Not enough Money for the UCS; Not even enough Space in my flat for the size of the UCS and I wanted to fit the Falcon to the other Lego sets I own from back in the days.

So I try to stick with the original size. I know there are proportions that don’t really fit, e.g. the size of the window at the gun turrets or the size of the access bays of the mandibles…
But in the end I wanted to get the most iconic details into this one so this is how i dealt with it.

I also began with the interior which i will upload later.

Edited by stifos
2023 update moc

Parts that are still not working out for me are:

• the feet which are not stable yet
  • a good working Cockpit
  • seats for the turret guns

for the moment i ran out of Lego and stopp building but I am quite happy with the result for now and i would love to know what you guys think about this one

32388948797_251a00a7af_z.jpg
the Millennium Falcon family by sti fos, auf Flickr

47278091222_b971e5b07b_z.jpg
front view by sti fos, auf Flickr

46607458504_a9589ed1e7_z.jpg
right side by sti fos, auf Flickr

32388763387_46a97ed44f_z.jpg
left side by sti fos, auf Flickr

46607466404_873820b214_z.jpg
Back View 2 by sti fos, auf Flickr

46607453674_cd86a6af1b_z.jpg
top side by sti fos, auf Flickr

47330639701_1952803843_c.jpg
MOC vs 7965 Top View by sti fos, auf Flickr

46607463004_5a9f2a9886_c.jpg
MOC vs 7965 Bottom View by sti fos, auf Flickr

some detail shots:

47330645901_613ba4be00.jpg
Detail Mandabiles by sti fos, auf Flickr

32388759577_24547bf778.jpg
Cockpit by sti fos, auf Flickr

32388755317_1d0073b907.jpg
Boarding Ramp by sti fos, auf Flickr

32388764227_96691076c6.jpg
Docking Ring by sti fos, auf Flickr

47278093882_a6c70e6872.jpg
Detail Back/Vents by sti fos, auf Flickr

Edited by stifos

That’s a beautiful Falcon mate, very well done! The surface detail is incredible, really nice overall shaping and greebling around the rim and I like how the bottom plates are stud-down, it’s rare to see attention to the underside. The parts where you’ve  taken inspiration from the UCS version like the cockpit tunnel and areas around the turret are excellent too, overall it’s an excellent moc with plenty of lovely details. I bet it looks great on display, and takes up a fraction of the space if that UCS monster!

Edited by mcphatty

Very nice MOC - great airlocks, great inset greebles on the mandibles (that flex tube is a lovely idea), great turret. Nice job, thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, mcphatty said:

That’s a beautiful Falcon mate, very well done! The surface detail is incredible, really nice overall shaping and greebling around the rim and I like how the bottom plates are stud-down, it’s rare to see attention to the underside. The parts where you’ve  taken inspiration from the UCS version like the cockpit tunnel and areas around the turret are excellent too, overall it’s an excellent moc with plenty of lovely details. I bet it looks great on display, and takes up a fraction of the space if that UCS monster!

Thank you very much! I would like to make the front-center underside the same stud-down like the back part. Indeed i try to copy much from the UCS and the mods in this Forum!  

25 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

Very nice MOC - great airlocks, great inset greebles on the mandibles (that flex tube is a lovely idea), great turret. Nice job, thanks for sharing!

Thank you! I saw the turrets at Kit Bricksto‘s vip First i think....

the flex tubes I used to make the access bays look a little smaller in size.

I strongly disagree that this is 'just' another MF! It is impressive! :D Quite frankly, a playset scale MF with UCS style exterior was sort of my dream project for years but I never got to it. This looks just about as I was picturing the outcome to be. Once again, VERY impressive.

Well done! Very creative and quite different. A bit chibi, in a nice way. Looking forward to seeing the interior...

Very nice. A huge improvement over some of the horrendous designs Lego has released. The cockpit size is obviously too large but not much you can do about that. How many pieces is it?

Really cool to take so many of the features from the UCS and incorporate them into a smaller set!

Okay this is the best Falcon ever done at this scale. SNOT mandibles are so good

Thank you guys! I am very happy that you like my creation.

So here are some pictures from the Interior. Again the Interior is very much inspired by Kit Bricksto und Inthert!
here You go:

47393831881_6ceb3ecd83_z.jpg
Millennium Falcon Interior by sti fos, auf Flickr

33517729908_2af72e5532.jpg
Millennium Falcon Interior 01 by sti fos, auf Flickr

47340963192_6da14af694.jpg
Main Hold by sti fos, auf Flickr

47340955732_58b032d1a7.jpg"
..Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good Blaster" by sti fos, auf Flickr

33517689478_c54bfa0869.jpg
Main Corridor by sti fos, auf Flickr

47340953672_296d2c73e8.jpg
Main Corridor by sti fos, auf Flickr

46670579894_0fd049a1ac.jpg
Crew Quaters by sti fos, auf Flickr

33517696518_1ed8f653c0.jpg
Number Three Hold by sti fos, auf Flickr

On 3/14/2019 at 3:21 AM, Dukeside said:

Very nice. A huge improvement over some of the horrendous designs Lego has released. The cockpit size is obviously too large but not much you can do about that. How many pieces is it?

Thank you, i have absolutely no clue how many pieces I put into this baby. But actually I started to build a LDD version to be able to recreate it in future time. There will be some updates in the Details aswell.

MF-LDD.jpg

Edited by stifos

Hey There,

a tiny update on my progress of rebuilding this model in studio to fix some issues which still exist in the first moc. 

I reworked the inner structure to offer a little more hight insight. The model is a about 2-3studs higher now, 2270 bricks so far.
You may notice at the little redesign of the docking bay. I also redesigned the bottom.

I still have to do the interior, landing gear an boarding ramp. And of course all the details on the side of the surface and at mandibles.

Hope you like it!

32581457947_a3386006cc_c.jpg
Millennium Falcon LDD WIP by sti fos, auf Flickr

Didn’t see your previous post with the interior.

that’s great!

it has as much details as the hull and really render the mf interior well.

if i’d have to get rid of my ucs for any reason i would be glad to get your ldd!

It’s s till looking incredible, well done! I’ve been dreaming of the UCS Falcon but like you both I have no space or money! Is there any chance you will share or sell the Stud.io model when you’ve finished? I’d love take my 75105 Falcon apart and turn the pile of parts into what you’ve created.

Also, as an apology for begging here’s my effort at a more detailed cockpit, in case it helps you with your design :)

TlJDg2K.jpg

Beautifully done, that's gorgeous.

Daft question though - where's that shiny C-3PO from? It's not the chrome gold one because the design is the 2012 print - is it a custom?

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Wow! Thank you so much guys!

20 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Beautifully done, that's gorgeous.

Daft question though - where's that shiny C-3PO from? It's not the chrome gold one because the design is the 2012 print - is it a custom?

Thanks Daddy_Stardust! Actually the C-3PO is a custom one I got from etsy.com. If you like I can try to look what‘s the sellers name and send you a pm.

20 hours ago, mcphatty said:

It’s s till looking incredible, well done! I’ve been dreaming of the UCS Falcon but like you both I have no space or money! Is there any chance you will share or sell the Stud.io model when you’ve finished? I’d love take my 75105 Falcon apart and turn the pile of parts into what you’ve created.

Also, as an apology for begging here’s my effort at a more detailed cockpit, in case it helps you with your design :)

TlJDg2K.jpg

Mcphatty! Thats a great design! Thank you very much. I will definitly try how this works out in my design!

And yes i‘m thinking of Sharing the stud.io file (maybe even get the file ready to be able to Export an instructions at some point).  I still have to do some redesign and detailing but I would Love to see how this one can develope when others put their hands on.

Edited by stifos

@stifos thank you and I’ll be flattered if you use it! It’s a very tight fit but seems to work well, the white 2x2 plate can be replaced with a seat and a second feet can go where Chewy sits if it’s a shorter figure.

I’ll be watching your posts hopefully, I really want to build your ship! How is the strength? With all the details and angled plates it’s hard to see how it’s held together. 

This weekend I got a little further with the interior.  @mcphatty, thanks for the Cockpit idea. I think it works very well!

40642205473_5f04ca34f9_c.jpg
Millennium Falcon LDD - Interior (WIP) by sti fos, auf Flickr

To answer your question: the strength of the moc is pretty good in the center part, I tried to strengthen the outerparts/Dockingbay in the LDD. I guess I have to rebuild the part to see how it works.

I also rebuilt the bottom view to fill some last gaps.
46884781094_7759b9ff7f_z.jpg
Millennium Falcon LDD (WIP) - Bottom View by sti fos, auf Flickr

Now the fun part: Detailing the surface. Hopefully I can find enough time during the week.

@stifos It’s looking brilliant! I’m glad the cockpit interior helped you, I’m proud to have contributed! I’ve added bucket handle pieces for steering controls and also on the vertical handle to the side of the two levers (hyperspace throttles) I added a black 1x1 round plate with a hole, upside down, which makes that area look a bit like the black screen in the Falcon’s centre console. Sorry it’s hard to explain, I’ll add a picture later if I get time.

the underside is looking really good, it rarely gets as much attention as you’ve giving, and good to hear it’s fairly strong! Can’t wait for the next update.

Hey there!

Because of changes in the structure und the surface of the underside I had to redesign the landing gear. the old landing gear was quite fragile. Hope you like the new version.

have a look:

46716555685_0a30c2024d_z.jpg
Millennium Falcon MOC-Landing Gear LDD by sti fos, auf Flickr

Edited by stifos