Bob De Quatre

[CONTEST] Benny's Spaceships Building Academy

Recommended Posts

Can I take a technic set and rebuild it using mostly system pieces, as long as it's still recognizable as the original technic set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

As said, the theme of this contest is to build a spaceship. So turning the portal into some sort of thruster is a good idea. Remember that the original set must be recognizable after the bennyfication process ;)

Nevermind - looks like mine doesn't qualify - it's an alt build, no added pieces. I don't see a way to delete a post, so hopefully an admin can delete my post in the Special Lego Themes forum.

https://bricksafe.com/pages/CathyVT/41637/mahemspaceship

Edited by vermontcathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great another Eurobricks moc contest. These always are fun to watch! Never mind take part in.

My question is this Bob. I just posted my entry for the Zombie moc contest a few days ago, is that considered too late?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, vermontcathy said:

Entries should be posted in the Sci-Fi subforum :wink:

18 hours ago, vermontcathy said:

Nevermind - looks like mine doesn't qualify - it's an alt build, no added pieces. I don't see a way to delete a post, so hopefully an admin can delete my post in the Special Lego Themes forum.

https://bricksafe.com/pages/CathyVT/41637/mahemspaceship

Yep, we're not looking for alt builds, but for modification of sets/MOCs into spaceships!

16 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

This sounds fun, but just to be clear, it's a modified into space ship like Emmet's dream house. correct?

You have to take a set/MOC and turn it into a spaceship like Benny would... with a bunch of antennas, thrusters, anything you think is necessary :)

8 hours ago, PaddyBricksplitter said:

Great another Eurobricks moc contest. These always are fun to watch! Never mind take part in.

My question is this Bob. I just posted my entry for the Zombie moc contest a few days ago, is that considered too late?

 

And that's a great entry... but alas a bit late :wink:

This time try to post your entry in time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bob De Quatre Can I take a technic set, or other non-system set, and rebuild it using mostly system pieces, as long as it's still recognizable as the original set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

@Bob De Quatre Can I take a technic set, or other non-system set, and rebuild it using mostly system pieces, as long as it's still recognizable as the original set?

Sorry, I missed your post. You can take a Technic set, but rebuilding it with systeme pieces is a big modification of the set, too big I think. Could you not keep most of the Technic parts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Entries should be posted in the Sci-Fi subforum :wink:

Might be worth updating that in the rules, before more people get confused.  It currently says to post them in the Special Themes forum.

Fun contest!  I look forward to participating.

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Space Police XVIII said:

This sounds like fun.

A question!  Are modified parts allowed? specifically, trans-clear windshields dyed yellow?

Modified parts aren't allowed (even if I really like the initiative of dying trans-clear windshields)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.