Bob De Quatre

[CONTEST] Benny's Spaceships Building Academy

I finished my renders last night, and I will post it today. It took me a really long time to finish it. You will see why.

Edited by pagicence

18 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Only a few days left... :moar:

...and not so many entries :sceptic:

I, for one, wouldn't be upset if there was an extension ... maybe have the contest end on the 28th instead?

5 hours ago, LucasLaughing said:

I, for one, wouldn't be upset if there was an extension ... maybe have the contest end on the 28th instead?

Since I now know that I won't be able to process the entries before the 23rd... I concur that adding a bit more time is ok.

End of the contest is now April 28th!

9 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Since I now know that I won't be able to process the entries before the 23rd... I concur that adding a bit more time is ok.

End of the contest is now April 28th!

Woo-hoo - thanks Bob!!  :classic:

I'm so glad the contest was extended. I've had a couple weeks from hell and had to quit my brand new job due to mistreatment by my bosses, and it got in the way of building anything. 

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

5 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I really hope I can finish my Cat. B today, but I'm not even close to being done... :hmpf: :grin:

Hang in there! I certainly am hoping to see one more challenger entering this contest! :excited: 

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

4 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Hang in there! I certainly am hoping to see one more challenger entering this contest! :excited: 

I gave up an hour ago, sadly. :look: I went too big and ambitious to finish. I've been working for two days now and an all-nighter wouldn't suffice to finish both builds in time. I can share the WIPs tomorrow, for fun. :classic:

7 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I gave up an hour ago, sadly. :look: I went too big and ambitious to finish. I've been working for two days now and an all-nighter wouldn't suffice to finish both builds in time. I can share the WIPs tomorrow, for fun. :classic:

Maybe you could still finish your entry, even if it will be too late for the contest. I'm very interested to see what you built :sweet:

On 4/28/2019 at 7:58 AM, legozavr said:

when and how the voting will be take place?

When the deadline is reached, I'll compile the entries and post a voting thread with a list of all entries and explainations on how to vote.

6022767e26.jpg

Here are my WIPs. The 'normal' build will be a CSD (cutter suction dredger) and the bennyfied MOC would become sort of an asteroid grinding and processing ship. Will finish the CSD for sure, but I don't know what I'm going to do with the other one.

While I'm at it, here also my concepts for a Cat. A entry:

3ed4e9e916.jpg

It was based on 70589: Rock Roader, from Ninjago. I modelled the mini buggy after the set itself. It would have been inserted in the back of the MOC, but I got stuck on that part.

Edited by Exetrius

Thanks for setting up and organizing this contest Bob De Quatre! This has been the most fun and creatively demanding Lego building challenge that I've participated in. I've been at a loss for what to build now since this was such a great concept. It inspired so many great builds, this is one to remember. #bennyfication

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Here are my WIPs. The 'normal' build will be a CSD (cutter suction dredger) and the bennyfied MOC would become sort of an asteroid grinding and processing ship. Will finish the CSD for sure, but I don't know what I'm going to do with the other one.

While I'm at it, here also my concepts for a Cat. A entry:

It was based on 70589: Rock Roader, from Ninjago. I modelled the mini buggy after the set itself. It would have been inserted in the back of the MOC, but I got stuck on that part.

Wow, that does look quite ambitious there!

And looking forward to seeing the completed CSD! :classic: