Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

Fabuland Plane

builders_guild.gifindexed.gif

Since nobody did remenber my previous Fabuland creations, like this, I have to find another way to try and win one of those 'Fabuland Builder's Guild' tags :grin: .

So, here is my new effort in the Fabuland world: the Fabuland Plane, a remake of the original set 3625 (see here for reference).

fabulandplane_000.jpg

[link to gallery, when public]

Of course, this is no match for SirNadroj and Hinckley's works. Still, I enjoyed building it, and upgrading one of my favorite Fabuland sets :wub: .

EDIT: bwt, this is my first attempt with the SNOT wings :classic:

fabulandplane_010.jpg

Feedback would be appreciated :blush: .

LuxorV

Edited by Pandora

Since nobody did remenber my previous Fabuland creations, like this, I have to find another way to try and win one of those 'Fabuland Builder's Guild' tags :grin: .

I remember back to your Vogon contest entry. I still think it should have gotten more votes than my bathroom. :tongue:

So yeah, someone out here remembers, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So, here is my new effort in the Fabuland world: the Fabuland Plane, a remake of the original set 3625

I like it. It stays true to the source, but updates it for today's building standards. I'd like to see more updates of old sets in this style.

Of course, this is no match for SirNadroj and Hinckley's works. Still, I enjoyed building it, and upgrading one of my favorite Fabuland sets :wub: .

It's great to see a builder credit others! They do seem to be the masters right now, no doubt about it. A Fabuland Renaissance seems to be happening here, and I for one am thrilled to see it. :thumbup:

That´s a very fine plane indeed, sweet and charming, and a pretty cool transition if compared with the original model. :sweet::thumbup:

This is a very very nice plane. It reminded me of the Red Baron. It looks cool and most suited for our lovely Fabuland Pliot. :classic:

Hey, Buddy, stop stealing my ideas! :angry:

I'm building a plane for Charlie Crow, for my upcoming tree-house! :laugh:

I'll carry on anyway, just to have them go together :grin:

Seriously though, great MOC, although I would have made it a little smaller, and less detailed; you don't need all those vents e.t.c. in Fabuland :tongue:

Now, I need to get a propellor that's not brown or black :devil:

You guys have officially converted me to Fabulandism. :laugh:

Awesome plane Luxor! Though, it does not look like something you would see from Fabuland, yours is too detailed!

:wub:

Nice, looks good.

BTW I remembered Sinner and Copmike on the motorcycle and I liked that also :classic:

Thanks all for your comments. And thanks for the tag, Hinckley! :wub:

Hey, Buddy, stop stealing my ideas! :angry:

I'm building a plane for Charlie Crow, for my upcoming tree-house! :laugh:

I'll carry on anyway, just to have them go together :grin:

Seriously though, great MOC, although I would have made it a little smaller, and less detailed; you don't need all those vents e.t.c. in Fabuland :tongue:

Now, I need to get a propellor that's not brown or black :devil:

You guys have officially converted me to Fabulandism. :laugh:

Awesome plane Luxor! Though, it does not look like something you would see from Fabuland, yours is too detailed!

:wub:

Although a nice plane on its own :classic: , it doesn't look very Fabuland to me. :tongue:

It would seem I'll need to refine my cartoonish/Fabulandish skills. Too much IRL work on the small details seems to affect my building style :wink: . Thanks for pointing this out :classic: .

LuxorV

Edited by LuxorV

This is great LuxorV! I really like it. Like SlyOwl I was planning on building a plane (for a mouse pilot). I was going to make it for the EN but I never found the time. Perhpas SlyOwl and I should stop sharing our brain...

This is very clever and I think that's one happy seagull. I love the way you made the wing flap brakes and the way you used the light gray taps. You incorporated it into the Fabuland airplane base very well. Excellent job!

Thanks Hinckley. I tried to update that great Fabuland old set, and, while doing that, to personilize some techniques I saw on BS and never used before. I'm really happy with the result.

More Fabuland creations to come (in smaller scale, for now :blush: ), and... a surprise shuold be round the corner, if I can find the time to make some measurement :wink: .

LuxorV