darththeling

[MOC] J-type 327 Nubian Royal Starship (on a budget)

Years ago I shared this build - 

The updated build is a complete rip-apart and rebuild of that one, save the engines which are nearly the same. I've abandoned the System-scale 'must fit minifigs' into my current builds, especially for such a swoopy, curve-heavy shape of a ship. Instead, I tried getting the overall shape as close as possible, without worrying about throwing heaps of parts at it. The result is a build that is what, about 250-300 parts? For your limited budget. It is GREAT to get this ship on the shelf. You can't have a complete Phantom Menace without it.

jtype327nubianroyalcruiser_ii_a.jpg

jtype327nubianroyalcruiser_ii_b.jpg

jtype327nubianroyalcruiser_ii_c.jpg

jtype327nubianroyalcruiser_ii_d.jpg

I don't have instructions for this but I think you can see from the bottom and top there's nothing too fancy. And maybe there are some angles where I can make better choices. But I can't figure out what to do about the windscreen. There doesn't seem to be an appropriate transparent part at this scale and I'm not feeling using 1x2 grill plates. So for now the viewport is... not there. 

A down side (besides having no interior) to this scale is that it doesn't scale well with existing system scale N-1 starfighters, which are about the same size..

Lots of fans love this iconic ship. It's time for Lego to make one at or around the $100-$150 mark.