Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Two

15 hours ago, Gordon Smith said:

As much as I advocated for Chapman, and I will admit I find him suspicious still, I’d prefer to vote towards something that’s going somewhere. Louisa’s also made some weird statements in my mind. You voted for Remy yesterday but you seemingly question the votes on him today. I’m curious as to why yesterdays heat continuing through today makes you reconsider him? 

Vote: Louisa

I’m willing to vote for Remy to secure a lynch and get somewhere today, but I’m pretty suspicious of Louisa at this point.

What do you mean by "something that's going somewhere"?  Yours was the first vote for Louisa at this stage.  

@Louisa Hammond, speaking of you, have you any thoughts on Jane?  You asked us earlier, but haven't provided a view of your own yet.

13 hours ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

I strongly agree with Gordon that Louisa's behavior today has been highly suspect. I'll switch to Remy if we need to lynch someone and this goes no where but I'd really like to hear from Louisa too.
vote: Louisa
Her behavior feels like it's changed. Yesterday she was more on the offensive, poking and making accusations... but now she seems intent on defending Remy. It makes me wonder if she voted for Remy yesterday because she wasn't worried that he would be lynched, but now that he's Day 2's favorite lynch candidate she feels compelled to ease the Town over and direct our attention elsewhere. I don't want to tunnel into a WIFOM logic bomb but regardless of Remy's affiliation, her behavior smells fishy to me... and not like the good piratey fishy smell. Like... a braised salmon with a twist of lemon sort of imperial fishy smell. 

Ye reason for voting for Louisa is that she wants to direct town's attention away from Remy.  Aren't you implying that Remy is her scum buddy.  In which case, why split the vote rather than voting for Remy?

11 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

And I’ve explained it was a deliberate statement that I didn’t regret.  I think the mistake is the folks who think that that is some sort of scum ploy to.... what exactly?  Anyway.  I can promise you I’ll say the exact same thing tomorrow if I’m alive... except I won’t be surprised since scum would never night kill someone who’s getting votes.  Thanks for keeping me safe!

Can you provide an explanation for your first comment of the day?  Why did you say it?  What was the objective?  What were you trying to achieve?

55 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Nobody has actually paid attention to what I said about Nigel, and I feel this must be because Nigel can fly under the radar when someone else is on the chopping block of mixed metaphors. I'm going with my gut, that I don't like this wagon on Remy, so I Vote: Nigel Clayton

I did note your comments earlier today:

22 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Also, Nigel has just voted for Henry a mere 15 minutes (by my reckoning of the sextant) after Malcolm did, parroting the latter's rationale. In fact, Nigel hasn't said anything about Remy at all. I am curious: is Nigel staying away from the Remy wagon in order to look innocent? Is he trying to start a second wagon? I wonder....

I agree that Nigel appears to be trying to fly under the radar, hasn't actually offered any opinions of his own about anyone and hasn't really been questioning anyone that much.  At this stage though, I'm happy to pursue him tomorrow rather than changing my vote today. @Remy Fontaine still hasn't answered the  questions about his actions yesterday and hasn't come back after his initial outburst this morning.

1 hour ago, Nigel Clayton said:

No one be paying attention to you because you be Barkin up the wrong spar.  It worries me that there be so many votes this early.  I hope it is that the number of imperials in our ranks be low.

Argg! It worries you that there have been so many votes this early?  I don't know if less then 24 hours tell the end of the day is early to you but I would not use that phrasing at this moment. I would be worried if there weren't this many votes this "early". Care to elaborate on this statement? 

3 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

I wanted to lynch Remy yesterday. Highly doubt a scum would vote for there team mate while making it obvious that they wish to lynch them. 

Actually, proper scummery will call out three suspect folks, two town and one scummate. And on day one it’s often safe to vote for them since it’s very unlikely to lead to a lynch. 

Are you still sure you highly doubt it?  

1 hour ago, Jack Alden said:

Can you provide an explanation for your first comment of the day?  Why did you say it?  What was the objective?  What were you trying to achieve?

It was to have fun and confound n00bs. Seriously, I think it’s ridiculous to analyze it as much as people have.  You may as well hold a trial into why Gordon claims to be a furry.

At this point though, I’ll make an issue to call attention to being alive every day that I am.

33 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

Argg! It worries you that there have been so many votes this early?  I don't know if less then 24 hours tell the end of the day is early to you but I would not use that phrasing at this moment. I would be worried if there weren't this many votes this "early". Care to elaborate on this statement? 

I mean this early in the mission.  There was a great many on board very quickly for it being only our second day into this voyage.  I know that I am no imperial, and I would hope that none of those on the REmy wagon be either.  BUT with that many votes that quickly it means one of two things.  Either there are very few spies, or they are all in on that vote.    If there are few than that is in our favor, if the latter and Remy flips loyal we are in danger of losing yet another pirate.  

Mental note: Nigel is unsure about the Remy vote, despite there being some solid reasoning behind it (at least as far as day two is concerned).  If Remy comes up town, Nigel’s “town play” is on the record.

Looking back, Nigel is still foolishly voting for me over an off hand comment at the start of the day, despite far better options.  Yes, that is noted too.  

I think it’s becoming important to lynch Remy.  If he were to survive the day, we’d be back to start tomorrow without anything to judge things on.  There’s zero chance that he’d be night-killed by scum. Looking at the fact that Remy can’t be bothered to defend himself, he could well be a lazy vanilla townie, but he could be a scared, hopeless scumbum.  I’ve seen both cases in my long and storied piracy career.

4 hours ago, Nigel Clayton said:

I mean this early in the mission.  There was a great many on board very quickly for it being only our second day into this voyage.  I know that I am no imperial, and I would hope that none of those on the REmy wagon be either.  BUT with that many votes that quickly it means one of two things.  Either there are very few spies, or they are all in on that vote.    If there are few than that is in our favor, if the latter and Remy flips loyal we are in danger of losing yet another pirate.  

Argg! I seriously doubt all the spies among us would put their votes in one place. It puts them all under fire if the person turns up town. Some spies may also be on the Remy wagon be he scummy or townie. Scum love to spread their votes. It's not as black and white as I think you think it is. 

@Remy Fontaine unless one of the souls on this beauty have a change of heart, you will be lynched tonight. If you do be town then giving us your thoughts before you part ways would be very appreciated. You want us to win right? Staying silent does not help achieve this condition. If you are scum you should also try to make some accusations so we debate weather or not it means anything for 2 pages to tommorow. Argg! I just be joking you see. Pass me the rum please. 

Oh, Remy Fontaine was a brave young lad, and a brave young lad he be

Though true he be french, his adventourus spirt was perfect for the Barracuda at sea

Went along with the crowd, and flipped flopped about and claimed his descions were right

But as the day grew old, and the beards grew mold, his quietness will lead him to watery grave tonight 

9 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Your vote actually doesn't count -

You may actually be worse than an Imperial... are you a politician?

6 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

Actually, proper scummery will call out three suspect folks, two town and one scummate. And on day one it’s often safe to vote for them since it’s very unlikely to lead to a lynch. 

"Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out."

It's often safe for scum to vote however they please on day 1 because there's almost never a lynch.  The lack of a real threat of one means that even if one of their own is among the top vote getters, they usually don't have to pile votes on someone else to avoid that lynch.

6 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

At this point though, I’ll make an issue to call attention to being alive every day that I am.

That seems reasonable!

4 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

Yup, I have a feeling Remy is likely a lazy vanilla townie.  At the very least, he’s not a team player.

Unfortunately our logs don't tell us when a Pirate was last seen. I'd expect a scum to player to at least defend themselves a little. So perhaps he must have had other ship mate activities to attend to. Regardless, he is not helping whatever side he's on.

10 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

Mental note: Nigel is unsure about the Remy vote, despite there being some solid reasoning behind it (at least as far as day two is concerned).  If Remy comes up town, Nigel’s “town play” is on the record.

Looking back, Nigel is still foolishly voting for me over an off hand comment at the start of the day, despite far better options.  Yes, that is noted too.  

If I were to switch to Remy now I would clearly be bandwagoning.  He is already well over the number of Black Spots needed to send him into the deeps.  The speed at which he accumulated his votes still concerns me.  If he flips town, my concerns will be justified and motives will need to be examined.  If he flips scum, much of the same.  But where are they hiding, and how many do you think there be.

Captain, can we get an update on the time and the current tallies?

I haven't been helpful or being defensive. Well, I admit to my fate and probably struck it off as plain lazy. As of this point, there's nothing more that I can confirm since I can only be of use after Day 3. 

Nonetheless, my parting words or it shall may be. I am a loyal pirate and I am what I am. The results will speak for itself. 

I have a night action and my night action have its own limited usage which means I can't do anything until the time comes. The time for me to walk the plank is looming around me. I will not reveal my specific role or my night action, so to avoid others from role claiming. Likewise, no one had approached me in private. Hence, not exactly anyone trying to be townest of town. 

Good luck everyone. 

A claim that is not a claim, and blaming town for not reaching out to him in a PM for your current fate.  Why would anyone risk that at this point in the game?  Especially since you have obviously not been investigated yet.  If you had than there would be someone speaking up for you.  If you didn't already have enough votes for a lynch I think your last post would have sealed it for you.  

If you have a night role, claim it now so no one else can claim it later.  If it’s important, maybe we can turn things around, and at the very least make scum waste night actions on you.

Why would people approach you in private if you’re not even playing in public?

And it’s the *towniest* of town. Towniest.  And as that is the superlative form of the word, that means there can be only one :wink:

If you have a role, then surely claiming it now would be better for the town to ensure no scum will be able to claim it later in the voyage. And why Day 3 specifically? What will happen on Day 3 that allows you to utilise said action?

6 hours ago, Remy Fontaine said:

I haven't been helpful or being defensive. Well, I admit to my fate and probably struck it off as plain lazy. As of this point, there's nothing more that I can confirm since I can only be of use after Day 3. 

Nonetheless, my parting words or it shall may be. I am a loyal pirate and I am what I am. The results will speak for itself. 

I have a night action and my night action have its own limited usage which means I can't do anything until the time comes. The time for me to walk the plank is looming around me. I will not reveal my specific role or my night action, so to avoid others from role claiming. Likewise, no one had approached me in private. Hence, not exactly anyone trying to be townest of town. 

Good luck everyone. 

if you don't want to claim in public, pick a few people in private and claim to them. But claiming without actually claiming isn't much of a help.

6 hours ago, Nigel Clayton said:

A claim that is not a claim, and blaming town for not reaching out to him in a PM for your current fate.  Why would anyone risk that at this point in the game?  Especially since you have obviously not been investigated yet.  If you had than there would be someone speaking up for you.  If you didn't already have enough votes for a lynch I think your last post would have sealed it for you.  

If you're so sure Remy is guilty, then why don't you change your vote to him? Oh wait, you're staying away from the Remy wagon because you're a scumbo.

Just now, Patrick Triggs said:

if you don't want to claim in public, pick a few people in private and claim to them. But claiming without actually claiming isn't much of a help.

If you're so sure Remy is guilty, then why don't you change your vote to him? Oh wait, you're staying away from the Remy wagon because you're a scumbo.

So if I Jump onto the wagon I am scum and if I don't jump on the wagon I am scum.  Great logic there Triggs.  He already has more than the votes needed to solidify the lynch, even if I knew for a fact he was scum, which I am still not certain of, my vote would not be needed and to switch this late in the day would simply bring more suspicion onto me.  I still find the number of votes he got in the short amount of time suspicious.  To me it seems like a whole lot of scum piled on early to get the Wagon rolling.  We will have to see come tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Remy Fontaine said:

Good luck everyone. 

I don't know what to make of this.  It feels like a desperate last minute ploy.  

This claim came only a short period before the day was to end by my judging of where the stars are at, meaning that there was very little time for any reaction if it were not for our captain again being distracted by that wench of his.  There's a pattern here.

You were quiet for most of the day.  Surely there was something you could have said to respond to our questions and accusations?

I also think the onus was on you to reach out.  I've been convinced you are scum for most of our voyage so far, why would I (or anyone else) reach out to someone who they thought was an Imperial scum? 

Time to go dust off the history books.  I'd rather be drinking rum.

History books suggest we might have a survivor on board?

Vote Count:

Remy Fontaine - 8 (Thomas, Joseph, Jack, Timothy, Henry, Louisa, Barty, Malcolm)

Henry Ogden - 1 (Nigel)

Nigel Clayton - 1 (Patrick)

Louisa Hammond - 2 (Gordon, Geoffrey)

The day is concluded. This should be the last extended day as things are back to normal now. 

Get your night actions in!

With 8 votes, Remy Fontaine has been lynched.

img_1760.jpg

"Arrr." said that Captain. "Unfortunately, Remy, you're going to have to walk the plank." 

"Ah, mon capitaine, if it is to be my fate, such is to be."

img_1761.jpg

Remy walked down the plank towards the shark infested waters.

"Fellow compatriots, au revoir."

Then he jumped into the water as the sharks dove down to get him.

img_1762.jpg

All that was left was the poor Frenchman's hat.

---

Get your night actions in!