Sign in to follow this  
peppe1983

my first moc ship

Hi everyone,
after having introduced myself I am here to share with you the construction of my first ship that still does not have a name.
the base from which I started, as you can see from the hull, is the black pearl.

the idea is to inspire me to the black pearl, but without faithfully creating the ship of the film .... in fact, my ship will be different both in form and colors.

For the project, being a little expert, I started with the techniques of the captain green hair, which I thank very much for this resource.

I do not pretend to create a historical ship, but a fantasy ship that is, however, realistic.

The ship "should" be a cross between a small frigate and a brig.
The hull includes the bow, 3 intermediate sections, while the stern will be made only with the pieces I have available.

At the moment the armament provides 12 guns, but I'm considering to insert others on a further bridge ... if I advance the pieces to build it :)

I share with you the first images of this work, where you can see that the sides have been created, I still have to design the stern and the bow.

I await from you, experts, a positive or negative opinion of the work done up to now and possible suggestions.

thank you very much, Giuseppe

1.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Welcome to EB, peppe1983!

Looks like the ship is coming along nicely so far and I look forward to seeing more as you build.

It is a bit hard to see the details, and I see you've just uploaded those images to Eurobricks directly, so I'll mention that the paperclip/upload option on Eurobricks is only for very small images to be used in your signature line here on the board.  You only get 100K total, so even 1 regular image probably pushed you to the limit of available space.  For sharing photos of MOCs, etc., you'll want to use a 3rd party service and I think most folks would recommend Flickr.

Here's a tutorial on linking/embedding Flickr images in your posts: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/97921-flickr-tutorial/

Thanks for sharing - happy building!

13 hours ago, deraven said:

Welcome to EB, peppe1983!

Looks like the ship is coming along nicely so far and I look forward to seeing more as you build.

It is a bit hard to see the details, and I see you've just uploaded those images to Eurobricks directly, so I'll mention that the paperclip/upload option on Eurobricks is only for very small images to be used in your signature line here on the board.  You only get 100K total, so even 1 regular image probably pushed you to the limit of available space.  For sharing photos of MOCs, etc., you'll want to use a 3rd party service and I think most folks would recommend Flickr.

Here's a tutorial on linking/embedding Flickr images in your posts: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/97921-flickr-tutorial/

Thanks for sharing - happy building!

Thank you Deraven

I am happy to have joined your community :D

Yes, in fact the photos are too small, the next I will post with that method.

Meanwhile, I wanted to ask a question about the construction.

Since for the sides I used the technique of hinges and jumper ... How do I connect all the sections of wall where there is the difference of half plate forward? (because of the jumper) 

Hi guys, then I went ahead in the construction, I started designing the stern. I'm going freehand, looking at the MOCs and photos of real ships.

I would like an opinion on how the temporary version of the stern is coming from the side of the ship. The version of the stern is still temporary, especially in the colors of the connection between the stern and side, which must be adjusted to soften the gap between black and gray.

A greeting, joseph

I try to post photos with image shack

ZrfwPv.jpg

stern from behind

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/114/Ca6OPa.jpg

Edited by peppe1983

Thanks Captain ... I went a little further into the building .... But I have doubts ..
Edited by peppe1983

Hi guys, I made some progress, I even finished the stern and almost finished the bow ... I did the sides of different colors, because I can't decide on the final coloring :)

I await your positive or negative feedback regarding the topic and colors before moving on ....

I also have 2 doubts about the construction:

1) How can I join the normal sides to those that are positioned on the jumpers?

2) Is there a clean way to join the last sloping sides (thanks to the hinges) with the bow?
Edited by peppe1983

Hi everyone,
I'll update you on the ship.
At the moment I finished the sides, the stern and the bow.
The sides are of two different colors .... I can't make up my mind :).
What does the shape of the ship look like and which color (of the side) do you prefer? I enclose photos ... Thank you all

Edited by peppe1983

Hey, Giuseppe!

That's a hard decision. The overall black scheme looks great, but could appear a bit 'heavy'.
The grey stripe could work, but in this case, I would change it towards the bow. Astern and in the middle you have a fine curve in the line, which suddenly stops and goes straight around the bow. Have you considered another colour like dark green?

Also, independent from the colour choice, I'd change the jumper plates, that extend the middle part of the hull beneath the gundeck into black, leaving only that continuous stripe of one plate height. At the lowest part you have a plate of lenght four, which is too short I think. Instead I would use four grey jumper plates above it. In general I would pay attention to the lower sections of the stripe in the middle always being longer than the outer ones.

But for a first ship MOC, that is a really great result! Looking forward to see more of it.

I found pictures of a 10 gun brigantine, that could give some inspiration:

Spoiler

DSC03835_sm_original.jpg

DSC03837_sm_original.jpg

DSC03846_sm_original.jpg

Hi everyone, I take this topic to show the photo of my first ship which was completed in May.

IMG_20190409_011448_0.jpg

IMG_20190408_232358_0.jpg

IMG_20190409_011455_0.jpg

As you can see I chose the black color.

The ship is actually not complete, some details are missing .... The trees must be improved and some details are missing on the bridge.

However, this project will not be improved because in a few weeks a favor will be demolished for the new project I am already working on.

What do you think about it?

Edited by peppe1983