Sign in to follow this  
Versteinert

[MOC] Old Fishing Boat

This was one of my entries for the bricklink AFOL designer program. It hasn't been chosen, so I thought I should show you what you missed ;)

The pics with the green background show a slightly updated version, since nets, strings and chains weren't available in the contest palette. The other ones show the cotest version.

The boat is mainly inspired by some boats I saw in a small harbour somewhere in denmark, but I'm quite sure that such boats are used nearly everywhere around the world.

The roof of the cabin can be removed to position a minifigure in it. In this case, the door can also be removed to provide enough space for the minifigure.

While planning/building it, I had the idea that potential buyers (if successful in the program) could perfectly complement the Old Fishing Store with this boat.

40325130513_1aa4ae60a5_c.jpgOld fishing boat by Versteinert, auf Flickr

46375065495_dd10f4a2fb_c.jpgOld fishing boat by Versteinert, auf Flickr

46375066055_92ba89c058_c.jpgOld fishing boat by Versteinert, auf Flickr

40325133643_ec0d7e9e69_c.jpgOld fishing boat by Versteinert, auf Flickr

This is a great little boat!  It's interesting how much difference those details like the net, the strings around the balls and the 'water' shown in the first images make.

Very nice MOC! Reminds me a lot of when I used to work at a small danish harbour in the summertime, at that time the local fishermen stil went out in boats just like that! (Now they are all retired, and no-one have taken over :( 

I'd change to hull to light blue, but that just because that's the color of the boat in my memory.

Actually, its visible on street-view now its on the pier as a sort of museum...

Nice, I like the non-standard hull. But what it really needs is a shark's head coming through the water. Although then you'll need a bigger boat!

very cool , and i do agree your gonna need a bigger boat :grin::grin:

Edited by jokerfnm

This looks really great. A shame it wasn't chosen by Bricklink. As others have said already - the way the hull shape has been created is really effective.

On 3/6/2019 at 9:32 PM, Kristel said:

This is a great little boat!  It's interesting how much difference those details like the net, the strings around the balls and the 'water' shown in the first images make.

Thanks. Yes, I think, these parts make the whole scene more messy and therefore more alive.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:23 AM, JoeChu1980 said:

WOW! nice shape of ship hull, never thought 41749/71750 shell make so good application.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:32 AM, jpx said:

Very nice MOC! Reminds me a lot of when I used to work at a small danish harbour in the summertime, at that time the local fishermen stil went out in boats just like that! (Now they are all retired, and no-one have taken over :( 

I'd change to hull to light blue, but that just because that's the color of the boat in my memory.

Actually, its visible on street-view now its on the pier as a sort of museum...

Yes, it's a pitty.

I watched these boats in Bork Havn at Ringkøbing Fjord late last year. They were (or possibly are) still in use.

I had to chose between dark red and light blue, since they were the two colors in which all hull parts were available in the contest-palette. I don't know anymore why I chose dark red, but I did it deliberately ;)

On 3/7/2019 at 10:45 AM, MAB said:

Nice, I like the non-standard hull. But what it really needs is a shark's head coming through the water. Although then you'll need a bigger boat!

Depends on the size of the sharks head and on whether the shark should be able to damage the boat or not ;)

Or do you mean the shark as by-catch in the net? :head_back:

On 3/7/2019 at 2:07 PM, *thomas* said:

If this were an official lego set, I'd buy it :). Well done, so many details.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:32 PM, peedeejay said:

This tiny boat is just plain awesome!

On 3/8/2019 at 12:53 AM, jokerfnm said:

very cool , and i do agree your gonna need a bigger boat :grin::grin:

On 3/8/2019 at 7:00 AM, Reaper said:

Nice work! The hull is shaped very well!

22 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow... great building technique :thumbup:

The final result is lovely :wub:

Amazing details on board 

20 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

This looks really great. A shame it wasn't chosen by Bricklink. As others have said already - the way the hull shape has been created is really effective.

Thank you all very much :)

What a cute little boat, I'm impressed by the curves on the hull!  Several fun details too, I particularly like the green shutter for a hatch/compartment!

That's really nice!! As others have said, the hull design is great - I especially like the bow section. The extra details (nets, floats etc) really bring it to life.

Great job!!

On 3/16/2019 at 2:16 AM, Kai NRG said:

What a cute little boat, I'm impressed by the curves on the hull!  Several fun details too, I particularly like the green shutter for a hatch/compartment!

On 3/17/2019 at 2:26 PM, greg3 said:

That's really nice!! As others have said, the hull design is great - I especially like the bow section. The extra details (nets, floats etc) really bring it to life.

Great job!!

Thanks and thanks ;)