Sign in to follow this  
Hasaf

Hello from Kansas

Hello all.

I am a teacher at a Title 1 (low income) middle school. I am certified in Technology Education and, along with my computer applications classes, I have a couple of sessions of robotics. I am also the Robotics Club coach and we attend the regional First Lego League competition every year since I have been here (oddly enough, the students didn't participate in it before I got here). To complete this year's challenges we built a forklift type of attachment.

For educational robots, the school decided to go with the EV-3 platform. Until I started here I had not been super into Lego. As a child, I did not have Lego, however, I had played with them at friends houses (they were just too expensive for the house I grew up in). I needed to develop some Lego-fu, and quickly. 

As an example, right now my students are at "Build an attachment that will allow your robot to push, pull, or carry a load" (the photoshop books). I also have a "gears" module coming up. In it, the students will use Lego Technic gears to make their robot go faster.

In the process, I developed a real level of enjoyment from working with the legos. 

So, Hello all.

Edited by Hasaf

19 hours ago, Hasaf said:

Hello all.

I am a teacher at a Title 1 (low income) middle school. I am certified in Technology Education and, along with my computer applications classes, I have a couple of sessions of robotics. I am also the Robotics Club coach and we attend the regional First Lego League competition every year since I have been here (oddly enough, the students didn't participate in it before I got here). To complete this year's challenges we built a forklift type of attachment.

For educational robots, the school decided to go with the EV-3 platform. Until I started here I had not been super into Lego. As a child, I did not have Lego, however, I had played with them at friends houses (they were just too expensive for the house I grew up in). I needed to develop some Lego-fu, and quickly. 

As an example, right now my students are at "Build an attachment that will allow your robot to push, pull, or carry a load" (the photoshop books). I also have a "gears" module coming up. In it, the students will use Lego Technic gears to make their robot go faster.

In the process, I developed a real level of enjoyment from working with the legos. 

So, Hello all.

Welcome to Eurobricks, Hasaf!

I'm glad you've found Lego as a passion.

We're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy.

Welcome, Hasaf :D

I'm married to a teacher, so I'm obligated to like teachers!