Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

Artillery for Weelond

It was training day for the new artillery recruits. The general oversaw live ammunition drills on the firing range with some trainees.

art5.jpg

Some didn't react well to the noise, and others appeared to have the wrong caliber shells, but he'd whip them into shape.

---

A small build for Weelond's new artillery battalion. I had a lot of trouble with the lighting on this one for some reason. All C&C welcome.

Another view:

art2.jpg

Those are magnificent any chance to get the cannon itself from a couple angles? 

The scene is well composed but usually artillery would have a team of 4-6 per cannon 

Great scene, showing the different stages of loading and firing is cool. That smoke is so well done!

I second the request for more pictures of the cannons. Maybe even a sort-of instruction? They look great!

Thanks to everyone for the comments! The smoke was my favorite part of the build.

17 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

The scene is well composed but usually artillery would have a team of 4-6 per cannon

Yes, but I'd have to double the number of minifigs and double the size of the scene to portray three crews, so I selectively reduced the crews to compress the scene.

17 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Those are magnificent any chance to get the cannon itself from a couple angles? 

15 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Maybe even a sort-of instruction?

The cannon design is from The Lego Adventure Book 2. Here are some better pics, assembled ...

cannon1.jpg

... and disassembled ...

cannon2.jpg

6 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Yes, but I'd have to double the number of minifigs and double the size of the scene to portray three crews, so I selectively reduced the crews to compress the scene.

The cannon design is from The Lego Adventure Book 2. Here are some better pics, assembled ...

cannon1.jpg

... and disassembled ...

cannon2.jpg

No worries the scene looked great...  Was more mentioning for historical...  Just as on ships it was usually 4 per cannon and we never have the room lol

The extra pictures are brilliant... What other good stuffs in that book? 

7 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

cannon1.jpg

... and disassembled ...

cannon2.jpg

Great design, thanks for sharing. :thumbup: