Sign in to follow this  
Redimus

Old projects, finally finished!

So, two of the locos have been awaiting proper rods their entire existence and the other I had grown tired of my previous attempt. I also fancied trying a darker grey for the rods.

After a lot of dallying, I finally ordered the new rods back end of December. Then the USPS happened, and they *finally* arrived today. And I couldn't be happier, especially with the Q Class's new rods.

Q Class

No photo description available.

Hogwarts Castle

Pocket Rocket

Many thanks to zephyr1934, your rods continue to rock!

49 minutes ago, Unfinished_Projects said:

All three look great! And I always like to see the 9v system still in use :classic:

Unfinished_Projects

Cheers, I'm trying to ween myself off 9v because the train group I'm part of (LNUR) don't use it on their main display. These locos all predate my joining them however, and I'm not about to try and squeeze a battery box into them.

Just now, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Pocket Rocket ...sweet locomotive! :wub:

Named after the 00 gauge Hornby 0-4-0 locos that are waaaaay to fast, lol. She performs exactly like the Hornby models.

Edited by Redimus

21 minutes ago, Redimus said:

Cheers, I'm trying to ween myself off 9v because the train group I'm part of (LNUR) don't use it on their main display. These locos all predate my joining them however, and I'm not about to try and squeeze a battery box into them.

try out a battery boxcar/coal wagon.

XG BC

2 hours ago, XG BC said:

try out a battery boxcar/coal wagon.

XG BC

Unless I go with a none Lego solution, the tenders are both a bit too short to fit battery boxes.

5 hours ago, Redimus said:

Unless I go with a none Lego solution, the tenders are both a bit too short to fit battery boxes.

So a box car or combination/baggage car with powered trucks and the Battery inside should due the trick since your already pushing a couple of the engines anyways 

I think the rods look swell major improvement over technic any day

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

4 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

So a box car or combination/baggage car with powered trucks and the Battery inside should due the trick since your already pushing a couple of the engines anyways 

I think the rods look swell major improvement over technic any day

That's the logical solution, but I like to shunt my locos, which requires them to be self powered. I am planning to make a powered coach for exhibitions, and I'll simply replace the powered bogie under the tender with a unpowered one.

31 minutes ago, Redimus said:

That's the logical solution, but I like to shunt my locos, which requires them to be self powered. I am planning to make a powered coach for exhibitions, and I'll simply replace the powered bogie under the tender with a unpowered one.

Alternatively if you routed the power wire back to the coach you could keep the power truck under the tender a jumper from the coach to the tender with a little slack wouldn't be too horrible...  I use this method with the wires from my tenders to my engines

On 3/5/2019 at 7:35 PM, Redimus said:

Named after the 00 gauge Hornby 0-4-0 locos that are waaaaay to fast, lol. She performs exactly like the Hornby models.

...and the dark red colour is a great touch :thumbup:

Wow! Those are all beauties! They all look great (though I'm partial to the Q Class given the extra special rods on her). Sorry about the unbelievable journey that the USPS sent the rods on though.

7 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

Wow! Those are all beauties! They all look great (though I'm partial to the Q Class given the extra special rods on her). Sorry about the unbelievable journey that the USPS sent the rods on though.

Don't worry man, all's well that ends well. :)