Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

[MOC] Kestrel - SkyFi Plane

33407069798_84c2da3339_c.jpg

The Kestrel is another of the Goodbury Mechanical's faster planes. A jet-propeller hybrid created by the engineers and innovators on the path to a true jet plane. Goodbury are leading the way on development of super fast and manoeuvrable planes and one day hope to create a true Jet Plane.

This is one of my "classic" builds: Create a whacking great engine/motive element and then strap the other bits to it. I love playing with the more metallic parts for building a super powerful looking motor. 

With that built, I added in somewhere for a pilot to sit and some wings so it would go in the sky.

47230642332_2b739d27f8.jpg

This top view shows the propeller and motor through to the back jet, the whole construction is virtually a cylinder from end to end. The wings, cockpit and canopy were added a while after I had built the engine, so I chose a good colour contrast for the more brooding metallics and blacks and a canopy that added another splash. The wings were set up to match the brutal look of the engine.

I hope you enjoy this SkyFy build of mine. :classic:

Nifty design for your turboprop sky-fi plane (I have always loved the interwar & WWII era aesthetics, so I've always been a fan of dieselpunk/sky-fi).  It very much puts me in mind of an upgraded more powerful version of the (in)famous Geebee "Flying Engine" racing plane that existed back in the 1930's.

I also like the use of that Ninjago(?) printed tile for the roundels on the wings.

10 hours ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

that Ninjago(?) printed tile

Yes, that was from Ninjago, and is actually printed, not a sticker. I love a lot of the parts we get through Ninjago for builds like this. The Spinner Crowns are always my favourite.

Dieselpunk is my favourite of the "punks" too, so I always find myself building in the theme.