800x505.jpg

technic_silver.png

2. Boeing Stearman Kaydet PT-17 by braker23 - 171 Points

40150820853_827324f252_c.jpg

technic_bronze.png

3. Volante by kodlovag - 138 Points

33187116288_f9da90df26_b.jpg

RAFFLE PRIZE

@m00se has won the raffle prize! He can choose a prize after the first two have chosen. Congrats!

EXTRA PRIZE

I have decided to use all sets for prizes. Assuming @Rudivdk and @braker23 will choose the Crane and Rally Car, the raffle prize winner (@m00se) can choose between the boat or the two remaining smaller sets. #3 @kodlovag gets what's left.

Top-3 medals have been awarded. I will contact the prize winners shortly.

CONTEST RESULTS
(only votes of people with a post count of at least 50 were used in the tally)

Here's a link to the entry topic, where you can see all entries.

1. White Lightnin' by Rudivdk - 249 Points (36 votes, entry 3)
2. Boeing Stearman Kaydet PT-17 by braker23 - 171 Points (28 votes, entry 11)
3. Volante by kodlovag - 138 Points (26 votes, entry 4)
4. Motorized BiCopter by Zerobricks - 114 Points (29 votes, entry 13)
5. AH-77 Hunter by steph77 - 104 Points (21 votes, entry 5)
6. Skycrane Helicopter by Erik Leppen - 95 Points (26 votes, entry 10)
7. A17 - Paper Plane by Marxpek - 85 Points (21 votes, entry 6)
8. Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk by brickhappy - 85 Points (23 votes, entry 12)
9. Project Cockpit by m00se - 49 Points (13 votes, entry 8)
10. JAP19 by MegaRoi - 48 Points (13 votes, entry 15)
11. Fairey Rotodyne by BrickbyBrickTechnic - 42 Points (17 votes, entry 1)
12. 852 Studless by mocbuild101 - 29 Points (11 votes, entry 7)
13. Sikorsky S-64 by JLiu15 - 24 Points (10 votes, entry 9)
14. Nighthawk Tribute by Tomik - 21 Points (8 votes, entry 14)
15. Hunter Mk.III by Thirdwigg - 17 Points (7 votes, entry 17)
16. Propeller Launcher by Lucullus - 13 Points (5 votes, entry 18)
17. The Iron Vulture - Helicarrier by cyberdyne systems - 11 Points (2 votes, entry 2)
18. Hot Air Balloon by Epicentre - 5 Points (4 votes, entry 16)

Well, since this topic isn't locked I guess I can reply here...

Thanx to all my fellow EB members for voting on my build, I feel honored by it!

Thanx to all other participants for making this a great contest, and congratulations to @braker23, @kodlovag and @m00se.

Thanx @Jim for setting it all up.

It makes an otherwise crappy day turn out pretty well (I was in a car accident this morning, no-one hurt but still quite an impact both literally and figuratively...).

As I feel I want to give something back to the community, I hereby promise to create and share building instructions of this model. I can't make promises about a timeframe, but it will be done.

Thanx again to all!!

Yeah, of course you can answer here.

Sorry to hear about your car accident. The weather was horrible this morning. Glad you are okay-ish.

Thanks for creating building instructions. I appreciate that.

Thanks Jim for organising the contest, and thanks everybody who participated and voted. Building something for a contest just gives me the extra push to finish a model.

Thanks again for the contest. I am happy that my placing reflected my self assessment of my entry.

Congratulations to @Rudivdk on a job well done. The top five were all excellent; entries you all can be proud of.

Can't say I'm surprised by the results. The winning entries were certainly deserving of their title. Congrats to all!

And a big thanks to @Jim for organizing another awesome contest with some really unique builds.

Omg! This is amazing! I am thrilled by this result and very pleased that many people really appreciated my biplane.

Congrats to @Rudivdk and @kodlovag for those awesome entries, this is a night to remember :)

Edited by braker23
edited user links, were not working

Congratulations to the winners!
I welcome you into the ranks of IMMORTAL!:laugh:

Great contest, and a LOT of nice builds!
I can't wait to see the next contest!  

Congrats to all. I think it seriously speaks to the quality of the contest when i want to build several of the entries that didn't even place. 

Congratulations to all the winners, thanks to those who voted for my entry, and of course thanks to @Jim for organizing the contest. :thumbup:

I'm really happy to see that @m00se got the raffle prize, as I know how much effort he must have put into it to achieved what I could not...

BTW, the instructions for my entry should be finished some time this week, along with multiple files of the digital model (for LDD, LDraw, and Stud.io), so keep an eye out for the update. :classic:

Congratulations to the winners!

I'm a bit sorry that I missed the deadline, the model is already photographed and filmed (with 1 week delay). The laptop broke before shooting photos and I will only recieve it (hopefully) today.

Thanks to everybody who voted on my entry! I hoped to finish at the first half of the race, and definitely not expected a medal, because there were so many good entries.

Congratulations to @Rudivdk and @braker23!

Congrats to the winners. Well deserved!

Thank you to those who voted for me. I already suspected I would become last, but gaining 4 sympathyvotes is more than expected :grin: .
Onward to the next contest :wink:and in the meantime learning more about Studio 2. After trying to recreate my balloon there, it showed a few points of error. Apparently it is an impossible build, unless you flex the structure a bit.

I don't even like aircraft and yet I'd love to build all three of these models - they look off-the-wall terrific. Absolutely awesome work, guys :wub:

@Rudivdk first of all I can say that I'm sorry to here that you had car accident (I know the feeling; I had accident 6 years ago due to brake failure on my car due to car coach workers envy that my wife is ex.model and he is drinker...) with ~~ 50mph direct impact and lots of financial consequences... what I'm glad is that your model won first price...now you are tempting me to make same single engine smaller war-bird with smallest propeller and to steal some of your ideas:devil:...but I have only few light bluish gray panels and several yellow (red is IMHO more for show plane or acrobatic plane)

Regards

Thanks @I_Igor. I have been lucky with the car, only some bodywork damage and all has insurance. 

About building and borrowing ideas, I will make instructions for the Lightning, so all mechanisms will be exposed and easily reproducable. You just need to be able to wait some time, instructions don't come fast...

Mixing DBG panels and other parts for top side and LBG for bottom side should give some more options for proper bodywork, and still be true to a real plane's colorscheme. Even Dark Blue for top side could work (e.g. vought f4u corsair).

Don't feel restricted by what is not available, be inspired by what is available :wink:

8 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Don't feel restricted by what is not available, be inspired by what is available :wink:

:thumbup: You should put that in your signature.

Edited by mocbuild101

Just now, mocbuild101 said:

:thumbup: You should put that in your signature.

Was thinking the same when I wrote it down:laugh:

Wise words! Goes for real life too. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

that is why i'm thinking of this one for longer period of time...

Just now, I_Igor said:

that is why i'm thinking of this one for longer period of time...

Ah yes, LBG+DBG+yellow. Would be cool to have it in ~same scale as the Lightning, recreate a true WWII scene with them:wub:.

59 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Ah yes, LBG+DBG+yellow. Would be cool to have it in ~same scale as the Lightning, recreate a true WWII scene with them:wub:.

I know, just my version will be a bit bigger to fit inverted V12 engine with typical fake engine elements made by TLC...

Thanks everyone for another great contest. For a third or fourth time in a row I was 4th :laugh: At least I'm consistent :wink: