leafan

Index: LEGO Ideas Support Thread - Pirates

@Totoro I think these sitcoms bring people to Lego that did not considder it before. But Pirates are currently not famous. So it wont bring new clients.

On 7/18/2020 at 10:02 PM, 5N00P1 said:

@Totoro I think these sitcoms bring people to Lego that did not considder it before. But Pirates are currently not famous. So it wont bring new clients.

Its really not bringing any new customers... They never sell out like Barracuda Bay did. People that played with Castle, Pirate and space 30 will buy piratesets again. and they will play with their own kids now. Just check out facebook with all the posts that are made with Barracuda Bay and how they build it with kids. 

I have never seen a post like that with the Friends og Flintstone set.. Cool sets. I have them both. But you will never get the same nostaglic feeling with that kind of sets.. and that is what is about when they release that kind of sets. Love and childhood memories. 

On 6/26/2020 at 12:26 PM, Roebuck said:

Caribbean clipper made it now :pir-huzzah2:
Personally I do not think it will make it all the way. Since I have plenty of ships I would rather have one of the excellent fort builds that is gaining votes fast make it instated.

However to me it seams like the Barracuda bay made it mostly because they came up with the idea to turn it in to a ship, so not very hopeful we will see more pirate related sets in ideas anytime soon.. On the other side I was sure not any of the 3 sets that made it this round would make it so what do I know :pir_tong2:

I hope that they will make on specific fort :) 

On 7/22/2020 at 3:31 AM, Wurger49 said:

Lego pulled all the pirate ship related entries on ideas site, with the updated license conflict article last month https://legoideas.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/356076-license-conflicts-and-resolutions, pretty sure Lego will relaunch the Pirate line next year. 

Probably. With the popularity of Barracuda Bay, Lego would be foolish not to relaunch Pirates.

They better hahaha I already have been waiting 3 months to get my barracuda set, next thing you know they understand that pirates are on demand, Here’s hoping they expand more on the modular designs of the 2015 pirates line, I like how you can build up to larger sets and hoping that the admiral gets his revenge and the armada gets some fortress play sets in to say the least haha

On 7/31/2020 at 2:46 AM, TeriXeri said:

The Fortress - Imperial Army reached 10000 , congratulations @Piraten

Seagull Bay Lighthouse Imperial Fortress by @Delusion Brick is almost at 10000, 50 to go!.

So that makes 3 Pirate related sets with Caribbean Clipper

Congratulations to both! :pir-huzzah2:pir_huzzah2.gif

The Pirates Community really want a new Imperial Big Base and Big Ship.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

Not many new Pirates submissions on the IDEAS site anymore, did they block them?

Pirates seach still is there, but returns all sorts of non-pirate related builds.

But here are some recent builds that could still fit in, and there are some entries under the Vikings filter for some ship related builds.

Johnny Thunder - The Lost Temple by CARLIERTI (I know it's Adventurers but still could somewhat fit in)

resize_to_fill:400:264

The Galapagos Islands by Lachie1023

resize:800:450

Edited by TeriXeri

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Not many new Pirates submissions on the IDEAS site anymore, did they block them?

Yes, because of the similarity with Barracuda bay, I guess that means there is a high change of them making their own sets :pir-huzzah2:
Or else it do not make any sense accept maybe to get the number of submissions down, but then they should have started with space and sitcom sets  :pir-murder:

Good news: The Lego Ideas team may be a bit more lenient now in terms of allowing Pirate-related projects. They didn't accept mine a few months ago, but now they've changed course. The catch is that I submitted it as a Europa-themed design instead of Pirates. For an explanation, just google "Lego Europa theme."

I call it Crown Dominion Fortress. Whether you're into the classic Lego look, new design techniques, or historical accuracy, I tried to make it work on all levels.

Please take a moment to support. Many thanks for your votes!

LEGO IDEAS - Crown Dominion Fortress (Europa Theme)

webp webp 

Edited by Lord James

5 hours ago, Lord James said:

Good news: The Lego Ideas team may be a bit more lenient now in terms of allowing Pirate-related projects. They didn't accept mine a few months ago, but now they've changed course. The catch is that I submitted it as a Europa-themed design instead of Pirates. For an explanation, just google "Lego Europa theme."

I call it Crown Dominion Fortress. Whether you're into the classic Lego look, new design techniques, or historical accuracy, I tried to make it work on all levels.

Please take a moment to support. Many thanks for your votes!

LEGO IDEAS - Crown Dominion Fortress (Europa Theme)

a.jpg

Ok, this is absolutely fantastic! :cannon::pir-love:

Supported!

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

incredible ideas! good seeing pirates are still alive and well with the lego community!

1 hour ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

webp  

Not a bad build, but the photography and presentation is really going to hurt this one's success.

45 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Not a bad build, but the photography and presentation is really going to hurt this one's success.

True.

But "Photography" and "Presentation", each is a skill of its own. And many people just don't have those skills.

Maybe a post/thread by those who have those skills with useful tips/guides about how to properly photograph and present your creation would be useful.

3 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

But "Photography" and "Presentation", each is a skill of its own. And many people just don't have those skills.

That's too bad for them then!

3 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Maybe a post/thread by those who have those skills with useful tips/guides about how to properly photograph and present your creation would be useful.

Somewhere in this forum such a topic already exists.

6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

You do realise this is just a blog post and people cannot actually vote via that link?

I do... ??‍♂️